SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

@retrorevive92 Thanks!

Hgoda90 responded exactly as it should be. Use the flip option to correct.

Thanks @hgoda90 !

5 Likes

Look what I found @soqueroeu!

4 Likes

WOW!! How cool to see that more people like our work. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing @Cyber

3 Likes

hello, (I don’t know if I’m using the right way to get in touch with you here) I would be able to make (when you have time) “presets” of these shaders based on the “preset” of the Mega Bezel named “MBZ_5_POTATO” because I found it very your work is awesome but it doesn’t run on my pc because it’s literally a potato lol, if you can’t, that’s fine, congratulations for the work in the same way.

5 Likes

Hey @Muri-LOLO, Thanks!

Creating a Potato pack version presets requires reworking the assets individually, cutting out the tube area. What you can do to improve performance is to simply disable reflections. It has a good performance gain.

Here:

4 Likes

I shouldn’t. There is a pesky bug keeping the background from displaying over the CRT but by default the CRT should be over the background.

This is what I get for your “00_Generic_01-[Grey].slangp” by simply changing the reference shader to the GDV Potato.

Yeah. It doesn’t look right because there is no bezel. :frowning_face:

The shader tools for generating Potato assets would make quick work of this, but an image editor would still be needed.

@soqueroeu we could talk privately if you would like a copy of my Photoshop actions I use to make this easier.

3 Likes

I dunno, doesn’t look bad at all to me. I had to click on them both a couple times to really see the difference. Then again, I’m still trying to finish breakfast and fully wake up!

3 Likes

The second shot is his preset. The first lacks a bezel.

2 Likes

All the more evidence that I should finish breakfast before posting!! :laughing: That makes more sense, thanks @Duimon

3 Likes

@Soqueroeu, I found a problem with the Night shaders they are missing the quotation mark at the end of the reference line.

4 Likes

@hgoda90

:no_mouth: Man, probably when renaming in bulk I ended up making some mistake.

Thanks for reporting. :blush:

I already fixed all reference preset and updated repo.

5 Likes

Do you know why all shader presets are mirrored like this?

I have to mirror it vertically to fix it on every shader.

2 Likes

Your video driver is most likely set to GLCore. Mega Bezel presets have to have Flip Vertical set most times when the video driver is GLCore.

2 Likes

Uh… what??? :thinking:

@Schwenkman What core are you using. Hardware rendered cores tend to flip the framebuffer. Some cores (Mupen) flip or not depending on the internal RDP plugin.

The solution is the same but is not universally a glcore issue.

The parameters can be found in the [FLIP & ROTATE] section.

Change “Flip Viewport Vertical” from 0.00 to 1.00. (Or the opposite depending on the preset default.)

It appears you are using a hardware rendered core in one of @soqueroeu’s presets intended for a standard core. Try the N64 preset since it looks like it is set to flip.

3 Likes

I was mainly going off of experience. I guess I jumped the gun a little bit.

1 Like

Look @soqueroeu! We’re on TV!

3 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am slowly working on Soqueroeu Backgrounds. At some point, a v2.5 may appear. It’s nothing too outrageous, just some visual polish and small additions.

A sneak peek

10 Likes

Wow, these are looking great! nice job!!!

7 Likes

Amazing quality and great detail! I’m really glad that you decided to redo the shadow under the base of the TV screens - now it looks more realistic. In version 2.0, the screens seem to float above the wooden tabletop. Impatiently waiting for your version 3.0 :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes