SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

Your ui seems to be different than mine. What ui are you using? mine has this

I found it, but changing it over doesnt appear to change the name of the shader names, still getting “dhader #28” ect. Fixing this would make it leagues easier to fiddle with these lol

1 Like

That is the shader chain. Don’t mess with that. You need to go into the “shader parameters”

2 Likes

it was litterally right in my face… thanks for helping me find it!

1 Like

@Duimon holy options batman, lots of things to play with! I think this will even help me resize the screen output in another mega bezel project!

on a side note, when looking at the “daylight” screen it feels like theres almost a blueish haze to the screen on the regular options, as though sunlight is hitting a real crt. Not sure if its a placebo effect since i cant seem to find the option to toggle that feature but i swear its there!. its really REALLY cool, but can distract from a stream

Is this an option im scrolling past or just placebo from just expecting it to be there since its that convincing?

1 Like

I’d need to know exactly which preset you are asking about to give a precise answer.

Certain presets use an additional phosphor layer for the screen that is affected by the ambient light. Like a real CRT, it effects the contrast in daylight.

When the phosphor layer is enabled there is also a shadow cast on the top of the screen from the surrounding bezel.

@HyperspaceMadness pulled out all the realism stops developing the Mega Bezel. Combined with a realistic screen reflection (Another optional image layer.) it gives the tube a photo realistic look.

Here is an example that also showcases the shader’s ability to auto scale to ultra wide displays.

3 Likes

Hi @soqueroeu and @Duimon, I’m working on a simple overlay loader to be used with another emulator. Are these backgrounds public and allowed to be used with other emulators (with credits/license of course) with minimal editions?

4 Likes

ive noticed it on the gamecube model specifically, and a few other “generic” tvs under the console presets. It was kind of a surreal experience the first time, i got halfway out of my chair to flick off the lights cause i couldnt see a damn thing during the darker scenes of the Resident Evil intro on gamecube! Then i realized “oh yeah…its just an effect” so switched over to the night variant. it also helps set the mood for playing horror games though!

It is extreamly realistic and really great work on everyones parts honestly! I now want that realistic screen reflection!

It is a balancing act though for streaming, gotta add enough that it adds to the whole “retro stream” experience without adding so much that it distracts from the actual stream, otherwise id have everything set for max realism!!

Here’s an example of what im looking at

1 Like

Yes, my dear, you have my permission about Soqueroeu backgrounds! Do your good work!

3 Likes

Normally my license prohibits the distribution of modifications. I can make an exception though, and for you I will.

If you need specific modifications of my work , we could talk and I would be willing to make the changes for you.

1 Like

Thank you, Duimon. Though it won’t be necessary. I’ll explain in a PM for you.

1 Like

Quick Question: Under the [Cropping Core Image] section of the parameters for some of these, does cropping any side cause the final image to shrink or stretch at all, like if I crop it would a perfect circle no longer be a perfect circle or does it simply eliminate the space entirely? I’m trying to crop the black bar on the left hand side out of NES games. Thanks!

I’m curious what setting I would use in CRT Mask section for a slot mask. Also, what CGWG means? And one last question, is Mask Size set to 1 the right setting for my 4K TV. Thank you guys in advance, and thank you for these absolutely amazing backgrounds for the amazing Mega Bezel shader!

Or better yet, how would I make the image sharper looking? I’m running a 4K OLED with HDR. Everything looks good, but the pixels are a tad blurry looking.

1 Like

Hi @BrainyCabde,

I suggest you post your questions in the official MegaBezel thread. There will be more chances of getting answers from the community.

Try this:

1 Like

This is awesome! So am I able to use any of Soquerou’s custom TV’s(NES, Genesis, SNES, etc.) with your settings? Sorry for all the questions.

Kinda, the ones I’ve included will of course work out of the box. I can’t guarantee that the others would work properly without some sort of further customization.

I also included a preset in this thread some time ago which you can use.

Plus, there’s a completely different method of combining my presets with Soqueroeu’s and virtually any other Mega Bezel Pack.

• First make a copy of tbe Soqueroeu TV backgrounds folder.

• Go into the presets and remove or comment out the first line which starts with “reference”.

• So you’ve now converted Soqueroeu’s slangp presets to params format.

• Next go into my MBZ__3__Standard_Full_Reflections_CyberLab_Special_Edition folder and you’ll see a few presets which would normally load my background graphics.

• You can use those presets as a template and just replace the “Background” line with a second “reference” line which points to the new Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds preset in params format which you previously created.

• You can also replace the preset in the first reference line with any other of my presets. I suggest sticking with my 1080p Optimized presets if you want to avoid moire patterns.

Awesome, Thank you Cyber, Soqueroeu, and everyone else involved here!

3 Likes

So I ended up settling with just adjusting Soqueroeu’s backgrounds myself. Not a lot of fiddling around, but for 16 bit(SNES and Genesis), I just change the CRT mask type from CGWG(still don’t know what any of these settings actually mean), to 11. 12 looked a bit too chunky for my tastes. Also disabled vignette on all systems. CGWG looked fine for everything that isn’t 16 bit imo.

2 Likes