SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

I could go ahead and do them for these because I honestly have the time.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I meant to use for the cropped shaders I created and not simply for the original shaders.

2 Likes

What is the reason for this situation with the default setting?

1 Like

You’re probably using an outdated preset with the newest HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader.

Make sure you downloaded Soqueroeu-TV Backgrounds V2.0 not the old version and make sure that the Post_br setting is between 1 and 5.

If it isn’t then, divide the value by 100 and change it to the result you got.

2 Likes

Thank you, solved.:two_hearts:(∩˃o˂∩):heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome. You can try my preset that I posted above. Or even @Tromzy’s below it.

You can use these settings for now but I’m going to post an update when I get a chance.

2 Likes

I moved the Screen to the right. Now there is a small black line on the left. How can i fix this?

2 Likes

You can’t. That is the seam where the background is mirrored. The graphic and preset weren’t created with this intent.

You can minimize it by changing the background X position one parameter click at a time until it disappears, and then moving the screen to match after.

I use the “glui” menu driver with the User Inerface>>>Appearance>>>Framebuffer Opacity set to 0.000 to make real time adjustments easier to see.

I also don’t use a menu background image but that is the default setting.

4 Likes

In assuming you are using the viewport position parameter?

I can’t remember if @soqueroeu’s presets have the tv graphics following the tube, but if they are you should be able to just change the x position of the screen/tube rather than the viewport.

I’ll take a look in the code to see if the mirror tiling can be improved on the edges.

3 Likes

Yeah!

Following @Duimon recommendation, I made a quick tweak here. Imperfections are almost imperceptible:

HSM_VIEWPORT_POSITION_X = "178.000000"
HSM_SCREEN_POSITION_X = "-6.000000"
HSM_BG_POS_X = "-0.300000"

8 Likes

Someday we may get a frontend that

combines something like this for each game. I wish :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Something we haven’t talked about in some time is the possibility of shader variables/tokens.

The first on the list, and the most important, is a variable for the shader folder defined in “Settings>Directory>Video Shaders”.

This would allow for using absolute paths in the shader and still let the shader folder be anywhere on the system, and would be cross-platform compatible.

Others that @HyperspaceMadness and I have talked about include a %ROMNAME% (Or something similar.)

So we could use “%ROMNAME%_background.png” and if you had your mario background named “mario_background.png” it would automatically laod. With a collection of properly named backgrounds you could use a single preset and have diferrent backgrounds for each game.

With the four additional image layers available in the shader, what you dream of would be possible.

The possibilities are only limited by @HyperspaceMadness’ time, talent, and generosity.

6 Likes

That would be the proper way to do it. I threw together some image of the Super Nintendo, not to pretty, to see about an overlay + shader combination. I might be misunderstanding what Digitech is talking about, but either way. The images are just for looks.

Edit: Forgot that the tv shader only uses one layer, so I just went ahead and added the console to the Device Layer.

7 Likes

Personally I think these type of decorations are more appropriate in the menu, as opposed to during gameplay.

Most front ends will already do this. It is easy enough to get a screenshot of a running preset to use as a background in the menu. Some Batocera theme developers are already using screenshots of my new overlays to update their interface.

(Apparently they are happy with my work. :wink:)

6 Likes

There is Mr. RetroLust’s Lights Off Retroarch Bezels for those who want similar decorations during gameplay.

4 Likes

I like them. All that’s missing are the cords. Plus I would put the SNES more to the left edge of the screen and bring the TV closer to center as well.

Everything doesn’t always have to be symmetrical and justified.

3 Likes

Im speechless, i have to check this out asap

1 Like

thats was i was talking about, with the snes a little bigger so wecan aprecciate more details and with the extending cords, the game box behind the snes and that would be awesome, nostalgia at its best.

2 Likes

Hi @Digitech, @Duimon is talking about a feature that I want to add to retroarch at some point, but isn’t there now, just in case it wasn’t clear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@soqueroeu, I was just wondering if you are working on anything right now.

1 Like

No my friend! There is nothing in sight about this.

EDIT: Feel free to do something about it.

2 Likes