Stuck at Boot/Blank Screen with Lakka on Intel NUC 8i7BEH

I could not get Lakka to run from USB, nor install to HDD. Everything I did failed stuck at the Lakka flower then display goes blank.

I tried Lakka versions 2.1, 2.1.1, 2.2, etc and finally landed on the Lakka-Generic.x86_64-3.0-devel-20180703104709-2fb13c2 build (its the only version that seemed to ‘auto load’ the correct resolution at the Lakka flower boot) - so seemed promising, but still no luck.

Then, I found this link, and followed @gouchi 's codes and got into Lakka!

Try to boot in text mode: live textmode Then launch RA with: DRAW_USE_LLVM=0 retroarch -v

Now, what do I do from here? What file(s) do I need to edit to be able to install Lakka to the HDD, and have it boot into Lakka like normal?

Out of curiousity, have you turned off secureboot and intel txe (trust execution engine) in bios?

Ok looked up some bios images

Trust platform TPM = off
Allow 3th party uefi driver = on
Secure boot = off

Try with this settings

Thank you for the reply, however still no difference. Anything else I can troubleshoot?

I did have… Secure Boot = Off

I changed… Allow 3rd Party UEFI Driver = On and Intel Platform Trust = Off

Basically what happens is, I get to the Lakka flower, I see one line of text generate in the top left corner of the screen (looks like the version build # or something - it flashes quick), then the display goes blank, and nothing I can do further but restart the PC.

What exactly does the “DRAW_USE_LLVM=0 retroarch -v” code bypass? As that’s the only way I can get Lakka to run - off of the USB live mode.

I did have Lakka installed and running fine on my Asus EeePC setup - so it must be something not compatible with this Intel NUC 8 version hardware… are you running an Intel NUC 8?

… continues here https://github.com/libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC/issues/486#issuecomment-456125449

and

here Autostart.sh Proper Coding