Thank you Libretro!

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Hello Libretro Team. I am using your software to play on my FireStick TV and on my Mac. Really cool stuff!

Thanks for all the hard work. I canā€™t even imagine game frontends without this project. A 21st century luxury.

1 Like

Hello! Libretto is very good. I have it installed on both PC and Raspberry Pi and XBox360. But tell me who you can contact with a sound question in the NES emulator. The sound of the TRIANGLE and DPSM two channels is very poor and does not match the console hardware. Can I fix this somehow? With respect. For example, you can listen to channels in the Messen emulator on a PC, Contra Force, Castelvania, Contra, Ninja Cat and others.

Itā€™s up to the cores to handle that stuff. If you donā€™t like the way a certain core sounds, youā€™ll have to try a different one. For example, we have a mesen core.

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Controller inpute area is so nice and organized now. Core Options can be set per-directory and with a nice set of option to manage.

These are updates Iā€™ve looked forward to for a long time, and Iā€™m so thankful to you guys for adding them in. Itā€™s so so so much less of a headache to manage remaps and core option now, like seriously.

You guys are awesome, keep up the fantastic work!

1 Like

Thanks for the work on OpenDingux Beta, this system is really becoming a joy to use and all the new cores seem to be working great, itā€™s really nice to see a FOSS system running a mainline kernel, and the integration and lack of bloat is simply superb.

Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

Hello everyone I0m sorry to write here, but i donā€™t know where i can post this issue. Unfortunately my son made a mess with the key configuration in Retroarchā€™s main menu installed on a PSVITA. Now whichever of the keys triangle,square,circle or cross I press opens the ā€œsearchā€ keypad and whichever key I press nothing happens. The directional keys work correctly. I have already tried deleting the retroarch.cfg file as well as deleting and reinstalling retroarch but nothing keeps giving me the same problem. does anyone know how to fix it? thank you

Iā€™m so stoked about being able to map controllers to different ports in 1.9.6

Thatā€™s been a much requested feature of mine for some time. I can finally play as the orange Battletoad! =D

Thank you guys for another awesome update.

1 Like

Huge thanks from me also for bringing PCSX2 to the RA party! This coreā€™s been a bit of a steeper learning curve for me but the community support so far has been exceptional. In particular, Itā€™s awesome to be able to use my old game saves in the RA core after a little file conversion tinkering.

Thanks again and keep up the AMAZING work! :+1: :partying_face:

1 Like

I would also like to thank the LibRetro team. Their RetroArch software has immensely enhanced by emulation experience.

1 Like

Wow, some pretty awesome news with the 1.9.8 stable!

As you may know from the other thread, I really appreciate the UX improvement efforts, and really think core options categories is a step in the right direction.

Canā€™t wait to see how this evolves in the future, with Easy Mode and hopefully further contextualization of settings.

Make that happen, and Iā€™ll love you guys even more :grin:

Special thanks to @hunterk and @HyperspaceMadness for input and making this issue more visible.

4 Likes

Team libretro: Thank you for this outstanding software! Iā€™ve lost A lot of sleep in the last week. I canā€™t even imagine game frontends without this project. Now im using attract mode and iā€™ve installed Retroarch on my android phone so its amazing how can i share my savefiles and savestates between desktop pc and mobile phone.

1 Like

Thanks OP for creating such a cute topic about opportunity to say something nice to good people! Many, many thanks for all you are doing, libretro team!!!

My story with Retroarch is this. Back in 2018 I was charmed with consoles from Analogue, mostly SNES and MD replicas, I donā€™t know why though, as I donā€™t have any cartridges in possession ) Held my breath for the release of a new episode from ā€œMy Life In Gamingā€ guys with review on upcoming MD in April 2019 before buying, and there, right out of nowhere, coincidence or not, they showed the difference of those simple ā€œfiltersā€ (on Analogue ones and in emulators) we always had and I once thought were the top of what can be done to the pixels, and introduced me to Shaders and scanlines world using my favorite game as an example (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5eQhCN6Co mark 6.00) I mean, I or course heard about those before, never understanding their meaning, but this time I got it visually. And found out itā€™s what it should beā€¦ Wow, that was an impact! I finally realized what I was missing all those years and saw how much more beautiful my favorite games can and should look. Trulyā€¦ beautifulā€¦ I immediately tried it, got around menu and settings, loaded a game, applied a shader andā€¦ and never looked back since. Standalone emulators donā€™t excite me anymore. Their shaders (if any) donā€™t look good to me, or maybe they need more tweaking. Yeah itā€™s been all about crt shaders ever since ) And the only association with them for me sounds ā€œRetroarch shadersā€! :wink: No console can give me that as far as I know. So I decided to stay with my laptop and your amazing software on it ) Itā€™s actually everywhere now ) all laptops, PC and even tried it on my smart once. Right now I use ā€œGuest advancedā€ shader, used Geom before and Pi before that and something else ) I tried all and understood I prefer sharper look, without blurriness, at some point Pi looked the sharpest one. And it started. Load shader, apply, try, change, compareā€¦ This constructor never ends ) Many thanks, hats off!!! to all the developers who continue to make and introduce new shaders, work on cores and, of course, on frontend itself! You are amazing people. All the best to you all and your families! So much progress lately from all around, I imagine the work amount over Nintendo 64 parallel engines alone! Titanic work!!! DosBox Pureā€¦ Eased the life of Dos games lovers. Even PCSX2 is here! You are very cool people! Please, go on. Too bad so many left recentlyā€¦ Very unexpectedly and instantly. Sour, Mikeā€¦ And poor thing Nearā€¦ Is not to be forgotten.

Almost everything is here at least for me, I only wish to one day see Kega Fusion among cores ) Yeah, I know, contains legal codeā€¦ But stillā€¦ Magic, maybe? )) I think world needs more Mega Drive emulators! ) And punes port would be something! Doesnā€™t seem heā€™s interested, unfortunately.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please, keep doing what you do despite of spikes to the wheels from enemies. Itā€™s always like that, you know it ) But we just move forward doing our thing. You have our full support! Just ask if you need any help with any goddamn ) organized crime/corporations threats, any goddamn weirdos or whatever they throw at us. Because remember, only together weā€™re the real power! The real deal, you know!

One question. You all know each other, can you, please, tell if Mike abandoned blastem? Thatā€™s an emulator I was keeping a lot of expectations about and I hope it realizes someday. I hope, not too lateā€¦ Who knows what happens tomorrow nowadays. But Iā€™ve noticed he hasnā€™t updated his builds since some time, half a year. But it looks he is active on twitter. So I assumedā€¦ Did he do any statement about retiring? No way, as far as I know, that emulator is his big goal. Is it a temporary lose of interest?

Oh, and one more thing. If you please ) I took my liberties, I donā€™t know where to ask these questions. Thank you for taking care about sound part of Retroarch. What you did with freeze upon disconnecting sound output device is a great fix! I maybe running too much into the future and maybe (hopefully) this is on your todo list, but do you think it would be possible to further make it restore sound upon re-connection and switchā€¦ drivers or whatever, if you connect another output device? Like Video Players (I can judge by MPC-BE, for instance) do it. While starting with my DAC on and playing sound through headphones, MPC switches to HDMI output when I disconnect it passing it to my TV. And switching fast. Is it possible in Retroarch? Right now, after you disconnect a sound signal there wonā€™t be any sound without restarting, right?

P.S. Goddamn! ) Look what emotions do to us. Sorry for this poem! Or is it just a wall of text? It didnā€™t look so long in the window.

2 Likes

Good story! Yes, emulation is easy to use and often the best option. Run ahead is often omitted, but remember it can eliminate input lag even original hardware had/has. Iā€™d go even further and say that the improvements on later systems like GameCube, PS2, PSP, Wii and others also benefit a lot from the community and developers, if you search for ways to use 4K textures, I myself added a lot of custom button layouts for my PS controller for GC/Wii games, patches for proper widescreen (even for Saturn and PS1 games), doubling or unlocking framerates, the list goes on and on. As for the BlastEm question, I really canā€™t say and itā€™s out of the scope of this thread, you should search here in the forums, maybe someone else asked it already.

Edit: This is a n example of upscaled textures, UI, etc, and the emulators for GC/Wii, PSP and PS2 I mentioned above are not necessarily the Retroarch cores, since I prefer using these as standalone for different reasons

And DKR for Wii using PS button layouts and HD textures

Thereā€™s so many reasons why emulation is the best option most of the time, itā€™s hard to imagine otherwise. Cables, CRT monitors, TVs, space needed, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Mask of Destiny (Blastem creatorā€™s screenname) is definitely still working on it.

1 Like

Wow! Iā€™ve never seen those consoles look so great! Couldnā€™t imagine they could. Yeah, PS2 and GC/Wii have been on the standalone for long time. Hopefully those ports will get even with standalones one day. Thanks for sharing! Iā€™ll look into it, because what I seriously missed were handhelds that I couldnā€™tā€¦ or didnā€™t spend enough time to set up for looking good enough to want to play. Thank you for advise on run ahead too! Youā€™re right, thatā€™s the feature I didnā€™t try yet. I will.

hunterk, whew! Thank you so much for the relief!!! Iā€™m so glad to hear it. I hope he comes back to active development and new releases. The emulatorā€™s got such a potential. Not that thereā€™s something wrong with GenesisPlusGX, I love it, itā€™s full of features and itā€™s great to have those nuked sound engines as options. But again, the more MD emulators are out there, the merrier ))

Sorry for flooding a thread not for this with my stupid questions! ) But it really troubled me for some time. Thank you all again!

Hey man, feel free to ask, I just believe it was already asked somewhere in the forums!

1 Like