Thank you Libretro!

I need help with retroarch in IOS iphone for change the disc in core psx, game ff8 i cant change the disc if i eject the disc when i put the second disc start the game but dont load mys savestates in memory card or savestates in retroarch Help please help! I dont know where give me support for this i post it here. Help please

See this document for handling multi-disk games: https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/#multiple-disk-games

My problem is which i have an iphone and i havent pc. Mys fyles are .bin and i cant create un notepad in my iphone

The other option is to copy and rename your savefile to match the next disk when itā€™s time to change.

I just read this at http://libretro.com:

Natinusula is working on a fancy widgets UI layer for RetroArch. This will allow us to show UI elements onscreen while the game is running. It will be far more advanced than basic simple text which is all the OSD layer in RetroArch is currently capable of displaying.

We donā€™t know yet if this will make the cut for 1.7.6, but we can certainly try!

First thing that crossed my mind, retroarchievement badges.

1 Like

I agree.

I was also shocked to have some luck with the Daphne core. Can only get one rom to work so far though, plus I donā€™t have any sound yet.

To be honest, when I first set up Retroarch, I didnā€™t like at all. I set it up with Hyperspin on my Nvidia Shield TV boxes. I guess I didnā€™t like it because I didnā€™t donā€™t much about the settings. That was about 2 years ago though. I now use Retroarch for everything except for my Wii games.

1 Like

Being new here, I just wanted to drop a Thanks onto this thread. Retroarch is a wonderful project. I use it a lot, for most of my Emulation needs.

1 Like

Me too! Itā€™s fantastic. I can emulate with standalone in my PC but with the SNES mini and retroarch itā€™s funnier and easier for the kids!

1 Like

Everytime a new version of RetroArch is released itā€™s like Christmas morning! 1.7.6 is amazing thus far. (I always re-setup the program from scratch on new stable releases) Iā€™m particularly fond of the RGUI color changing. Itā€™s also spooky that the ā€œgruvboxā€ setting or w/e has the same color scheme as my Gam3B0x stuff. Like it was meant to be.

Anyway, as always, thank you to everyone who works so hard on this project. You guys donā€™t get enough credit/recognition, I say. Keep up the great work! WE LOVE YOU <3

3 Likes

I just wanna say thanks to whoever is behind the Desktop UI driver. I honestly didnā€™t think Iā€™d ever use it when it first came outā€¦ but man it has made my life so much easier. Being able to use it to modify shaders is a dream come true, but the ā€˜realā€™ star is that drag/drop functionality.

I used to have to go through so much to test a slew of roms, but now I can burn through an entire directory in 1/1000 of the time.

I canā€™t thank everyone enough for this program. Literally. (the fact that the last entry in this thread is from me not beyond me hahaha)

3 Likes

I already said it in this thread, but thanks again for the wonderful piece of software that is Retroarch. :slight_smile: Iā€™ve been using it litterally every day for years now and it is the best thing that ever happened to emulation.

2 Likes

Just set up an account to say thanks to everyone who has worked on this project! Iā€™ve been using Retroarch for nearly four years and have had almost nothing but good experiences with it. Hereā€™s to an even brighter future!

1 Like

I remember how emulation was before libretro/RetroArch; it was way more unorganized. Some emulators that I enjoyed didnā€™t have xinput support, one would have to learn the different quirks of each emulator and so on.

RetroArch/libretro has in my humble opinion streamlined emulation of older game consoles for the better. I love the concept of libretro cores, not having to map the controllers every time you would like to emulate another system and having the settings unified across all cores.

My hat off to the libretro/RetroArch team for guiding the way for the unified future of retro emulation.

4 Likes

I Join and Give a Huge Thanks to the Team

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always so many big improvements happening around here, like the introduction of the Play! PS2 core for exampleā€¦ that sometimes more understated features can go unnoticed.

I was just playing around and I noticed that ParaLLEl N64 now loads the expansion disk for F-Zero X on the Disk Drive via sub-system. Then, if that wasnā€™t cool enough, I notice that the dolphin core is now supporting the Gamecube BIOS boot sequence!!! These are both awesome af, and Iā€™ve been bitching about the BIOS screen for a while. I just really wanna say thank you to whoever put in the work for these. YOU ARE AWESOME.

I canā€™t overstate how excited I am to see that little purple box do itā€™s thing before Luigiā€™s Mansion loads up. Those boot sequences are like the icing on the beautiful cake of emulation. <3 <3 <3

(Now I gotta play around with Play! and see what BIOS options that has hahaha - Iā€™m pretty sure every other system has a core that supports boot sequence now. <3)

3 Likes

Thank you guys keeping up the work on retrogaming on modern plattforms.

Its a really big deal to have all the favorite systems and games in one small box and its usable on modern screens and with (allmost) all new or classic input devices.

I use retroarch since 3 years now, and have never played more old games before. Just booting up my lakka system and just a few seconds later i can play all the games i ever wanted. RetroArch is the best thing in retrogaming which ever happend.

I really owe you thanks alot !!!

3 Likes

great software! thanks so much for this!

1 Like

I just feel the need to gush out praise right now. Seriously, I canā€™t even express it fully. Iā€™ve been coming here for years at this point, and Iā€™ve often said I couldnā€™t do what I do without this softwareā€¦ but itā€™s the folks behind all this that are just downright amazing and deserve so much love from all of us.

I donā€™t know of everyone who works hard on this project, but I know hunterk, alphanu, and flyinghead are at least 3 of the people that are always always always working on things that are hugely influencial for not just this software, but in-turn, emulation as a whole. I was just talking to someone about how interest in CRTs exploded after CRT ResSwitch was added to RetroArch. I canā€™t find a single thread on any kind of shading software without RetroArch being mentioned, and seriouslyā€¦ every time I turn around some new experience focused feature is implemented into the software, or some big change that really streamlines it all is added to a coreā€¦ I could go on for hours.

Then, to top it all of, the forums hereā€¦ Not only are the amazing folks who craft this software in their own free time always popping in to help out, and answer questions, and troubleshoot, and take sugguestions, etc etcā€¦ but the community here in general is the finest Iā€™ve ever seen on a forum board. I donā€™t know how or why the enviornment on this page is so positive but I absolutely love it.

Thereā€™s seemingly always someone around whoā€™s ready to help answer or try and troubleshoot a problem or question you have. People here are friendly, and passionate.

All of it. Everyone. The Software. The Forums. The entire experience from A-Z when it comes to RetroArch is amazing, and itā€™s thanks to all the great people who participate in the software and the community.

I cannot thank everyone enough, for all of it. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll pop back in here again at some point to prove that correct anyway.

Thank you everyone! <3 :smiley:

7 Likes

It would be great if this post in particular could be pinned replacing the first I made back in 2016, I canā€™t edit it anymore, but if a moderator can, please move SkyHighGam3rā€™s post.

2 Likes