Thank you Libretro!

Unfortunately, the moderation tools on this forum software are extremely limited. Anyway, I edited the first post to remove the time/core-specific stuff and replaced it with the more timeless message, as you requested :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here, just registered to say thanks!

I have used the forums countless times and have always managed to find the answer to any question or issues I may have had with retroarch/lakka/libretro thanks to the knowledgeable users and developers.

I have been gaming since the SNES days and have always had an interest in rare/interesting games that were not easily obtained here in the UK.

I imported cartridges from US/Japan and used an Action Replay to get them to work in my PAL SNES. I loved Mario RPGā€¦ Still do.

I had my PS1 ā€œchippedā€ simply to play Final Fantasy V.

I stumbled into emulation around 1998 when I first had access to a PC and this led me to fan translations like Seiken Densetsu 3.

Samurai Spirits RPG was always a curiosity for me. I tried the fan-translation patch but couldnā€™t really get into it for whatever reason.

Fast forward to 2019 and I am playing the unpatched original Neo Geo CD image on Retroarch with AI Serviceā€¦ It is truly astonishing that this is possible.

There are clearly some very clever individuals with a huge passion for old games that have been working very hard to make this happen.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Loved your comment bud, because you are right; I never stopped to think about it, but now that I do, I cannot recall any other community I was/am part of, that is as positive and rewarding as this one. And I donā€™t know why is that, but I love it.

Huge shout-out to everybody working in the background, making Libretro and RA an all-around awesome experience, but specially to @hunterk; you deserve a gold medal for your tireless support in the forums, positive attitude, immense knowledge, and love for what you do.

See you around guys.

7 Likes

I would also like to express my thanks and gratitude.

Iā€™ve used RetroArch on and off for years, mostly just to mess around. Recently i had a choice to makeā€¦

• Spend tons of money on a scaler and an elaborate setup.
  • Spend even more on FPGA consoles.
  • Try a MiSTer.
  • Or emulate.

I decided I didnā€™t need to play my original carts and bought a cheap PC (Dell OptiPlex 3060 Micro i3 8100T). I use it daily for almost all non HDMI consoles and itā€™s been fucking great. Iā€™m still trying to figure out GC/Wii but almost everything below that (looking at you N64) has been fantastic.

I LOVE all the neat shaders to play around with. Seriously cool and i couldnā€™t emulate these games without them. Even if my iGPU canā€™t run them all, heh. Having everything retro in one small box, running a single program with tons of options/settings and massive attention to detail, made by clearly passionate people, ready to fire up whenever i feel like itā€¦ is amazing.

I am kinda scared to even try run ahead. Less lag than OG hardware might make it hard to actually play those consoles in the future LOL

Thank you for all your hard work guys.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I highly recommend checking out a MiSTer, too, if you have the money to spare. Itā€™s really great, and is an excellent solution for people running CRTs. It obviously runs fewer games/consoles than we do, but the ones it covers are mostly comparable to the top-tier software emulation equivalents, and they naturally have low latency.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know when it happened, but one of you beautiful folks updated Flycast to support the .m3u file extension. Last time I had checked it wasnā€™t there, so I am just super pleased to see it get added. I know it seems small, but those little things are always very exciting to me. No more being bombarded with 13 different entries for Shenmue in my frontend <3

Thank you!

4 Likes

A huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to Libretro! It has brought so many quality of life additions to emulation. More power to this wonderful team!

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m new to the forum, but Iā€™m using RA for a year now. Thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, guys! Hope can help you somehow

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks a lot guys!

1 Like

Thanks for the great software.

1 Like

Hello. This is my first post, and I am happy to use it now. Thank you! What you are doing is great; and I wish you keep it on improvingā€¦ And become legends, and be remembered when years have gone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you guys are the best!!! I canā€™t believe itā€™s FREE!

3 Likes

I would like to say ā€œThanks for this great programā€ ! Especially for the msvcp/UWP Edition. Now my old MacMini with Intel HD3000 rocks the most N64, Dreamcast etc. roms easily =)

1 Like

Many thanks for creating this wonderful program.

1 Like

RUMBLE!?!?

Ok, so I had to completely reinstall Windows 10 from scratch today, and apparently my reward for doing so is that now RetroArch is making my X1 controller rumble!? Iā€™m sure this is old news that rumble is a supported featureā€¦ but I was SHOCKED when I fired my trusty PP7 in Goldenye and felt it shake in my hand.

I donā€™t know what Iā€™d been doing wrong all this time but, itā€™s one of those little things that make me love the software, and by extension all the fine folks who pour their heart and soul into this for everyone. Now, if youā€™ll excuse me, Iā€™m off to go see what else is shakinā€™. ba dum tiss

Thank you Libretro team!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tried, but I spotted cheats which force feedback for older systems, Genesis, Snes, etc., not something Iā€™d like trying myself but, interesting nevertheless. Those are in the cheats folder in RA.

1 Like

Oh weird! Thatā€™s kinda cool. Iā€™ll have to check that out. I havenā€™t really tried out the cheats stuff yet. I wish there was a way to make the actual Game Genie/Game Shark etc cartridges and discs work in RetroArch. Man thatā€™d be so cool.

I know you can with Genesis Plus GX core,

2 Likes

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Does it ever stop getting better? Man I hope more cores introduce this. Thatā€™s amazing. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes