Thank you Libretro!

Thank you Libreto, I just made the switch to the Dolphin Core, and I am excited to test and learn more about other cores.

Will I be able to create my own posts soon? I have completed the discobot welcome tutorial in my inbox

Go ahead and ask it here and Iā€™ll split it off to its own topic.

Agree the be a Great Add to Cores

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s me, back again!

Alright, who updated the PUAE core and forgot to tell me?? lol Iā€™ve been heavy into emulation for the last 20 years. I mean, if you know who I am, you know Iā€™ve been around and had the privilege to engage with emulation in some unique ways.

In that 20 years, I have never managed to get Amiga or Amiga CD32 games to ā€˜just ****ing workā€™. So, to whoever updated PUAE recently (I think itā€™s recent anyway, itā€™s been a while since I checked it) THANK YOU!!!

Itā€™s basically plug and play now. Setup BIOS, grab some simple adf/hdf files, grab some CD32 imagesā€¦ BOOMā€¦ DONEā€¦

Was there an announcement I missed? If not, this should absolutely be something you guys make a post about on the homepage feed. IMO this level of simplicity for Amiga emulation is a dream come true.

This is what emulation and preservation are all about in my mind, because I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve had someone tell me they have no idea wtf an ā€œAmigaā€ is. I think itā€™s 'cause Iā€™m in the US, and if you had a computer like that instead of a Nintendo or Sega you were considered weird af when I was a kid lol. (My cousin was one of these weirdos though :smiley: ) Couple that with how hard itā€™s been to play the games and you have a perfect recipe for it falling into obscurity (relatively).

So now, not only will anyone who comes over to my house get to experience the Amiga libraryā€¦ I get to see my cousinā€™s face when we boot up Ghostbusters 2, and try (and fail again and again and again) to drop Ray down to the river of slime, like itā€™s the early 90ā€™s all over again.

So, as always - I cannot say it enough - Thank you! Thank you to everyone involved in making those moments happen. <3

7 Likes

rsn8887 and sonninnos have been plugging away at it quite steadily for the past few months, and yeah, itā€™s really a different, better experience than even a few months ago.

Thanks for the kind words, Iā€™ll pass 'em along to the guys doing the work.

3 Likes

Thanks to retroarch, I can play nes game in switch!

This is a really great forum. I actually loved the whole instructional ā€œtutorialā€ about posting.

That said, Iā€™m new, and I canā€™t seem to post a new topic (regarding Retroarch/Android). Does anyone know if Iā€™m doing something wrong, or if I just have to be approved to post at some point?

Thanks all!

Hey @discobot!

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

Thank you for your workā€¦everyday and thank you to all people of this community for helping rookies like me! :pray: :clap:

Hey, Iā€™m brand new to both emulation and the forums, but I too would like to express my thanks. Iā€™m a visually impaired individual, and growing up, I never really had the opportunity to experience arcades or video games in general. But now, almost three decades later, thanks to the progression of technology and RetroArch, I am able to discover for the first time and experience much of what I missed out on as a kid.

Iā€™m also super grateful for the accessibility features in RetroArch and the ability to increase the font size. That is super helpful for me. Honestly, at this point, I barely know anything about emulation, and I really donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing, and while I hope that I can learn a lot from the forums, I am eternally grateful for all the hard work you have put into RetroArch. Thank you so much!

5 Likes

That really means a lot to us :slight_smile: Iā€™m glad we could help.

1 Like

Big thanks to all who built and build Retroarch, the emulators and libretro cores! I love the interface, customizability and the fact that you can accurately emulate many systems and switch between them in the blink of an eye.

2 Likes

Thank you Libretro team for all your hard work thatā€™s gone into all the amazing cores and the on going development of RetroArch. The preservation of retro games has come a long way since i was first introduced to NESticle in the late 90ā€™s. Canā€™t wait see what comes down the pipe, hereā€™s hopping for a PS4 core at some point in the future.

2 Likes

You guys to get Github and Buildbot up back close to 100% in a Week was an Amazing Job and Be Thanks for you guys doing that

1 Like

Well, after reading the latest news on the home page, I renew my thanks to you guys.

Honestly, I canā€™t even imagine using something other than RetroArch to play these oldies (install and configure every single emulator independantlyā€¦ no way).

So, keep up the good work !

3 Likes

After the real consoles, the best retrogame experience is with Retroarch + CRT shaders.

I am very grateful to everyone involved.

:purple_heart:

1 Like

Guys I must say, Iā€™ve being using Retroarch for about 2 years now and I have to say itā€™s the best way to play my retro games and moreā€¦I wholeheartedly thank the team and each and every awesome member for the contributions they make. Keep up the good work! :v:

2 Likes

You guys are THE BEST ! Retroarch updates so quickly almost every week something new and cool to try out and itā€™s sooo much fun. From Argentina, I send you my thanks for such a great work.

2 Likes

For the last 9 months I have been quarantined at home, but a big part of whatā€™s helped me deal with the time is RetroArch. It occurred to me today that everyone who works on this project is surely dealing with the same crazy world I am right now.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one. Everyone involved has been a part of bringing this beautiful thing into our lives. I imagine people stuck at home, parents sharing their childhood experiences with their kids or grandkids. Kids, who canā€™t see their friends, playing games of double dragon over netplay. My own mom playing NES Tetris for the first time in 20 years (the last time the NES worked). All of it helping to drown out this insane state of the world.

Then, amidst it all, you guys are updating the site, managing the forums, uploading youtube videos, talking about a PCSX2 core. Meanwhile, some days I just donā€™t even get out of bed lately.

ā€œThank youā€ doesnā€™t begin to cover it. I hope you and all the people you love are safe and well, and I wish for everyone a safe transition into 2021 and beyond.

7 Likes