The most accurate CRT experience possible - call to all shader pros

Cyber = God

This is looking amazing. Apart from the lack of RF simulation but still, this is close to my ideal.

I’m not God at all. I appreciate the enthusiasm though. Credit must be given to the great minds behind the shaders themselves like @guest.r, @HyperspaceMadness and all others who may have contributed.

I haven’t released this in my pack as yet because I’m holding out for a few kinks to be worked out in the latest HSM Mega Bezel as well as in this particular version of CRT-GUEST-ADVANCE in order for my settings to work a bit more consistently.

NTSC effects, for example RF effects and artifacts can be added subsequently.

The preset can actually look even closer to the old TV photo version by adjusting the gamma a little lower. The further softening that you can see on some of the edges in the TV is clearly as a result of the focus limitations in the photo. You can observe this if you look at the text and other fine features.

This can probably be simulated by taking a photo of the screen while using the preset with a similarly out of focused camera.

I must say thanks for the inspiration and the challenge though.

It’s actually close to my former ideal as well because I actually started making presets to replace the original “Death To Pixels” preset for Analog Shader Pack 3.0, which was a Shadow Mask preset based on the Boob Tube.

I’ve tried to get something like that which looked good before but none have been acceptable to me until this attempt.

1 Like

Here are some follow up screenshots of my Shadow Mask preset as well as a new Composite Slot Mask NTSC preset I’ve started working on. Looking forward to sharing these with the community when everyone will be able to use them as intended.

3 Likes