Tp Link tl-wn823n v2 Support

hello, the old wi-fi dongle died, i bought a cheap tp link tl-wn823n v2, unfortunately it isn’t supported by Lakka, is there a way to add it? thanks

Hi,

You should have checked here or here , one that works out of the box.

It seems that will have to enable RTL 8192 EU driver to your platform to make it works.

i do not know linux very well, didn’t tink that there was peripherals that do not work, on the dongle’s box is reported linux compatibility, even the web support page of tp-link does have a linux driver… i simply do not know how install it! how i enable rtl 8192 eu? thanks

For now, you will have to compile your own version.

git clone https://github.com/lakkatv/Lakka-LibreELEC.git
cd Lakka-LibreELEC
DISTRO=Lakka PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image

Before compiling, you need to add RTL8192EU to into this file.

Can you try to test this image I compiled ?

Thank you.

hello, thank you for your support, i forgot to tell you the system i use: ODROID XU4 i see in the compile command “ARCH=x86_64” i’m a newbie of linux but i’m ever happy to learn. is it sufficient to write that command in a ssh prompt? or at least is there a tutorial somewhere for compiling? thanks so much

Edit: i had a look at the option file of odroid xu3 version and unfortunately there isn’t a “ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS” option, so i think i’m at dead end :frowning:

Please try with this image.

Thank you.

1 Like

woow half gig of image!! impressive! trying it out…

hello @gouchi the image you provided is working LIKE A CHARM!! thanks thanks thanks!!! i had problems at beginning since it won’t install on emmc so i installed on sd (with emmc removed because if it was inserted it create problems) booting time is very slow but the important thing is that … IT WORK :smiley: one question: will the driver be in future versions or i have to keep this image? thanks again

Glad it works.

You will have to open an issue so that we don’t forget to enable it and link to this thread otherwise you will have to stay with this version.

Thank you.

@gouchi not able to flash this image with etcher. It shows a mismatched checksum. Also when I try to update using the update folder it says it’s unable to compress the .img.gz

Any ideas?

Edit: Just realized this is for a difference device. I also realized my adapter is the V3 variant. Any way to get it added to Lakka?