Vulkan HDR support added

Sorry to bump an old thread but I’ve been having the same issue with the black bars on my CX when using BFI and HDR. Changing dynamic tone mapping to on, off or HGiG makes no difference in my case. Oddly enough the issue only happens when the picture preset is on game mode. On any other mode it doesn’t happen, but of course the picture looks worse. It also doesn’t show when the TV menu is in view which is also weird. Anyone else experiencing this issue still?

2 Likes

A recent update made this go away for me on my C9. I know exactly what you mean. Weird black bars on the bottom half with HDR and BFI. For some reason these are gone for me now as of a month ago (after an update). I’d complain on avsforum (since a lot of pros go there) and even if no one replies (the case for me…) someone who can do something about it might see it.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmQUGfXPPtq7gw3q-vVZo46cCI5G?e=X4hZSS

I retried it out of curiosity and the problem is gone.

3 Likes

Interesting to see that a software update fixed it. Definitely something weird with the TV side of things. Unfortunately my CX is already on the current version and I’m still getting the same issue as shown in your video. I’ll try mentioning it on avsforum and see how that goes. The TV is great otherwise but this issue has been a pain to deal with.

2 Likes