What core should be ported next(June 16 2017)

Looking at the output I realized two things.

1 - The rom had to match what MAME was expecting for a file name based on the hash xml file. 2 - MAME expects a folder, or a zip. I was trying to load a .bin file directly and then MAME was looking for a folder. I zipped it up, and then it worked.

So I was able to get the Emerson Arcadia and the Fairfield Channel F working with the MAME driver. In EmulationStation I’m using the following commands:

D:\RetroCake\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L D:\RetroCake\RetroArch\cores\mame_libretro.dll arcadia -cart “%ROM_RAW%”

D:\RetroCake\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L D:\RetroCake\RetroArch\cores\mame_libretro.dll channelf -cart “%ROM_RAW%”

GP32 however I can’t get to work. Here is a pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/a7R2kuxQ

I’ve made GP32 work sometime ago, don’t bother, it’s way slow…

Actually, on second thought, it might be even more beneficial to have a core for the Sega Model 2. It’s arguably the most popular arcade board that you can’t emulate in RetroArch yet. [Yes, I know it’s supported in MAME, but only a select few titles are marked as Playable.]

2 Likes

Agreed on a Sega Model 2 port. I use its standalone emulator as it works great contrary to the MAME emulation for it is laggy and in some cases not playable.

1 Like

I’ve gotta say a Sega model 2 (and model 3) core(s) would be amazing. MAME just isn’t cutting it in that realm

1 Like