Where is Vulkan?

Ok, so how about another possibly noob question?

I have an Intel apollo lake board that I am using for Lakka which supports Vulkan AFAIK, but I can not select a video driver besides gl. I can select Vulkan renderer in the mednafen psx hw core using Lakka 2.1.

Am I missing something simple, yet again? :slight_smile:

is there a compilation option I must use or is this ability in the newer nightlies?

We need to add support for it. If we add it, it will be available only for intel and amd graphic cards.

Looking forward to it. I have not been able to get Metal Gear Solid to work on PSX HW and the only solution I found online was to use Vulkan driver and Vulkan PSX HW renderer. :frowning:

I think Metal Gear Solid works fine with Beetle’s software renderer. It can’t do the fancy upscaling stuff without a very strong CPU, though.

:thinking:

when i play on beetle psx and beetle psx hw using chd or bin/cue, the fmv’s are all messed up. PCSX rearmed works fine with the occasional screen flash. I will have to try and fidget with the settings in HW. My setup is not to the level of working with all the fancy upscaling and smoothing, but I just want to play it lol. Now that GPUs are tanking and I have seen what can be done in beetle psx hw, I am debating getting a GPU in the near future though.

Hi all, sorry to bump this older topic, but I have a similar compatibility question related to Vulkan support in version 2.2.2 of Lakka.

Are Haswell generation Intel HD graphics supported under Vulkan in Lakka? From my research, I understand there are Intel driver support limitations, but there may also be some experimental support in Retroarch, Lakka or both.

My fresh installation currently shows that Vulkan is not available, but I just wanted to verify if this is correct behavior (i.e. Vulkan is currently incompatible with Lakka for this chipset).

If it is indeed not compatible, is this a future possibility in Lakka with the current Intel Haswell driver or are Haswell integrated graphics essentially a dead end for Vulkan based on limited Intel support?

Thanks for the clarification!

Haswell can handle vulkan in linux just fine. However, Lakka doesn’t expose vulkan currently, as it runs via KMS, which is a GL thing.

Thank you for the fast reply and confirmation!