Why do shaders look all jagged for me?

Does your gpu do any wierd filtering in some way? Or reshade? Test to see how it looks without any shader att all. Post that image here.

Maybe but iā€™am on a brand new rasberry pi 4 so i hope this is not the gpu or every pi4 user would have the same problem.

Also as it works fine on lakka it should clear the gpu and the firmware (still can be a driver problem but probabilty is low).

The more i dig the more i suspect emulationstation. I even edit boot config ton match the lakka config. So emulationstation is the only common parameter when i have problem and the only thing i cannot compare with a system on which shaders works (none of the system using it have the correct display).

By the way i moved to lakka where everything works. So I Can no more provide screen of problematic systems. I will miss some display options (gamme summary and video thunbmail) but I prefer a good game aspect to a good preview :grin:

I donā€™t know about batocera, but Iā€™m pretty sure Retropie ships with some of their own configs for some reason, so itā€™s very possible theyā€™re enabling something goofy by default. If you go back to it at any point, check the launch commands and see if theyā€™re pointing to a specific config some where (-c) or appending something (ā€“append-config)

Batocera is a recalbox fork, so I was pretty sure even before trying that it will share the same behaviour but I tried to be sure.

Maybe iā€™ll go back one day but right now lakka win the match.

First because it worked as planned right out of the box (which is a huge good point for it, i already spend 9h a day writing/debugging code so i play to relax). Then because it seem to be a lot more performant. I mean shader does not works as expected on other system and the same heavy shaders are also a lot more laggy then on lakka.

There is of course somme things that are less intuitive on lakka (the rom scanning system instead of just copy/paste and the access to all core options that can be a little scary) but once again it works.

Also I understood that here is also the lakka cumunity forum and this is the only comunity that tried to help. Asked the same problem on each system comunity and in a week no one even answered or tried the shaders to know if the problem was global or only mine. And that was another good point for lakka.

By the way thank you for trying.

1 Like