Why is Lakka so complicated to use?

bsnes used to pack a tool called “snespurify.exe” which converts .smc to .sfc by stripping headers and whatnot. Here is the last version (for Windows): bsnes_v087-64bit or bsnes_v087-32bit.

1 Like

or you can just launch it manually, without making a playlist

Found a nice web with tons of SFC roms, so that’s solved. Wondering why my Atari .A26 roms does not appear.

Wondering, what can be wrond with the A26 files?

Hi natinusala, Perhaps it is my search skills, but I can’t find a bounty for the Bluetooth GUI. I’d like to contribute. Can you point me to it?

perhaps a good solution to this “complicated to use” problem is to ship lakka with several “default” retroarch.cfg and upon first boot let the user choose which one to use. you could have several pre-made configs for beginners, intermediate and advanced users, that would pre-setup retroarch for each type of user. the script could also pre-create folders inside of roms dir.

No, that is not a good solution. Better would be configure the software as easy as possible and let more advanced users change these settings via config or via a “advanced settings” menu.

In my experience Retropie seemed a bit easier to use than Lakka OS, Emulators in general have been a learning experience. There is Ludo OS but from what I have seen it still has a ways to go, some help would be appreciated with it.

When I started with Lakka there was not many tutorials for it, the info and documentation was out of date and still overwhelming to me. Some of the documentation on Lakka.tv is still out of date.

Ive kinda accepted it, I still find myself asking questions and looking up solutions. The guys from Lakka team answer questions of mine as well but it seems like they are stretched thin and are doing quite a lot on their own

Luckily there are more people making tutorial videos to help out there. A tutorial on updating for example. It’s on Odysee and you can see the channel for more