Why won't Lakka load some shaders?

Hey guys! I installed Lakka on the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and it won’t load some shaders.

For instance, when selecting the ScaleFX shader, the game reverts to no shader at all and in the menu, the previously selected shader config is shown.

I tried browsing the SD card in Nemo (Linux Mint’s file manager) but I couldn’t even find the shader files anywhere. Really odd. What’s happening here?

This doesn’t answer your question, but RPi3’s GPU isn’t very powerful. Only a relatively small number of shaders will work with it. You would have to post a log of the ScaleFx failure to know why it’s failing, exactly, but even if you got it to apply, it would be slideshow.

Thanks, man! Yeah, I expect it won’t run very well - but then again, the Raspberry Pi surprised me with some other shaders. After setting the fullscreen resolution to 1280x720, I can run the 4xScaleHQ filter without any stuttering, and it looks quite nice already.

I’m used to 6xBRZ on my gaming PC, so I am currently on a mission to get as close to that as possible on the Pi. If the 4xScaleHQ is it, then that’s fine with me.