Wii/NGC Nightly discussion thread

Quite a lot to list here, biggest selling point for me would be that it oversamples without losing fps, so you can scale the output to anything without it looking as blurry as regular bilinear would. I’ve been using it for months now, stable enough even with bios enabled.

I’m sorry to bring this up yet again, but the latest nightly mGBA core does not recognize .gb and .gbc games at all, only .gba, while the official standalone mGBA nightly does support and recognize those extensions.

I tried the same day nightly for both RA and official mGBA, which was this Friday’s May 27th.

Hate to bring this up but uh haven’t save and load states been broken since 1.3.0? Tried to save in Mario RPG and I got a code dump. I mean, at the very least people should make a GitHub about it right?

nintendonerd1889 is people.

Not sure if trolling or serious but this is a nasty issue that has yet to be addressed, and I’m not so sure making a GitHub report would be in my best interest given that every other thread and bug report I’ve made ended up being nothing but a farce and a triviality. I’d be more than happy to show a video reproducing the bug in question, however. But I digress, there’s little interest in the Wii port from what I see. I’d love to wait for a Wii U port as much as the next guy, now that full PPC kernel access has been achieved via exploit, but that probably won’t happen either.

Just wondering, has the latest mGBA core nightly been updated to that of 0.4.1? 0.4.1 just got released like 5-6 days ago and I tried the 14th nightly RA build of it, but couldn’t boot any GBC/GB games, while standalone 0.4.1 mGBA booted them just fine.

Probably not. There are a bunch of updates sitting in the pipeline because endrift said to hold off on pushing them through. Dunno if the libretro-ization will expose GB/C games or not. That’s up to endrift.

Have the broken save states (which cause code dumps) been fixed in Snes9x Next for 1.3.6 yet?

Not sure but I kinda doubt it. You could check the commit log at the Snes9x-Next repo and see if anything’s been done with savestates recently.

Then I guess Wii uses really can’t use Snes9x Next for some time, kinda useless unless native saves work, no? Guess we’re gonna have to stick with the less accurate Snes9xGX in the mean time ><

Did you try the core already to see if it was fixed or not? I pushed a fix for that some weeks ago

I haven’t had a chance as I’ve been a bit busy, I’ll test that and let you know.

Oh, nice. I didn’t realize that netux79. Sorry!

Uh, so I’m testing Snes9x Next on 1.3.6, I was able to configure it and set everything up, but it locked up with the OSD message “Resolution: DEFAULT” black screen, nothing. WTF?

Edit: Gonna make sure I deleted all previous config files, which I thought I did, but yeah, that game definitely shouldn’t be hanging.

Edit 2: Deleted config files, started over, save and load states work fine, games work fine, that was weird.

Hey guys, I`m a new user and i really love the wii port, playing with 240p resolutions is just amazing ;). Thanks for the good work.

I`m using the last stable version, but it has problems with save states on the SNES Next emulator. ¿is already a fix to it? ¿or maybe is better for now switch to a old version?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=strider;43268]Hey guys, I`m a new user and i really love the wii port, playing with 240p resolutions is just amazing ;). Thanks for the good work.

I`m using the last stable version, but it has problems with save states on the SNES Next emulator. ¿is already a fix to it? ¿or maybe is better for now switch to a old version?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Older version has this issue in snes9x-next core. I fixed the issue yesterday so you may want to try it out from the latest nightly download.

Thanks Netux, the save state is working fine with the latest nightly . You rock!

I have some questions, maybe someone can help me!

1. I can´t save diferent .cfg files for the cores properly (yeah, resolutions…). Everytime i get stuck using the last displayed resolution (like the emulator is using just one .cfg file, so always writes on it)
  2. The Genesis GX core doesn`t work full speed. When I try Sonic the Hedgehog at full speed, the emulation is not drawing every frame in a correct way. is that normal?

Thanks guys!!!

Big ups to netux79. You’ve really been doing great stuff here with the Wii port! :slight_smile:

I want to add that I noticed when I was playing Super Mario Brothers + Super Mario World all stars for the Snes9x gx core that for some odd reason if you save/load one too many times that it will cause a dsi exception dump. I’ve reproduced the problem a few times already, and also I noticed, and this seems to be really rare that upon save stating that it is possible for the game to completely muted. Somebody mentioned it could be the rewind feature that might be causing the DSI-exception when save-stating, but idk if this is confirmed or not.

Also maybe it’s just me, but I can’t seem to map the C-stick of my gamecube controller anymore? I usually use it for quick-saving, quick-loading, turbo boost, etc. back in the old version of Retroarch-wii.

Another thing I noticed that it will never save your config (Meaning it will always stay on the default core upon loading Retroarch everytime), and It kind of gets tedious after awhile…there is also the problem if you quick-load content, and hit the run command that it will bump you out back to the wii-loader.

It seems this version for the wii is currently unstable in my personal opinion, but maybe that is a unfair call for me to make.

[QUOTE=Kallisto;43721]I want to add that I noticed when I was playing Super Mario Brothers + Super Mario World all stars for the Snes9x gx core that for some odd reason if you save/load one too many times that it will cause a dsi exception dump. I’ve reproduced the problem a few times already, and also I noticed, and this seems to be really rare that upon save stating that it is possible for the game to completely muted. Somebody mentioned it could be the rewind feature that might be causing the DSI-exception when save-stating, but idk if this is confirmed or not.

Also maybe it’s just me, but I can’t seem to map the C-stick of my gamecube controller anymore? I usually use it for quick-saving, quick-loading, turbo boost, etc. back in the old version of Retroarch-wii.

Another thing I noticed that it will never save your config (Meaning it will always stay on the default core upon loading Retroarch everytime), and It kind of gets tedious after awhile…there is also the problem if you quick-load content, and hit the run command that it will bump you out back to the wii-loader.

It seems this version for the wii is currently unstable in my personal opinion, but maybe that is a unfair call for me to make.[/QUOTE]

Which version did you use? If it is the latest stable or the latest nightly version?