Wii/NGC Nightly discussion thread

hi guys!

I have this same problem. i can’t save settings per-core.

By the time of that post, I was using the 29th Nightly build, but quickly switched over to the 30th build, and I noticed the Save-state/Load-state didn’t crash anymore on SNES core, but I’m not too sure if it did fix it.

Per-core configs are removed. You are encouraged to use per-game overrides instead. Per-core configs was a mistake in hindsight and a hack, and per-game overrides and per-core configs were mutually exclusive, so when it came time to make a decision between which horse we were going back for the future, it was decided we should flesh out per-game overrides instead and get rid of per-core configs.

It also removes a ton of potential issues that can arise with a port, so I’m glad it’s gone. If you find there are still things lacking in the config override system, let radius/fr500 know about it.

Hi. I understand. many games can also need different settings.

Thanks. :wink:

The four most recent nightly builds all crash on my Wii. The oldest one that can be accessed (9/3) seems to work, but it won’t save any changes made to the directory settings.

Yeah, I don’t know exactly what happened, but since 30th August, all the cores are broken in Nightlies. I still using the one from 29th August.

Odd, hopefully whatever’s going on gets fixed soon. I don’t suppose you could zip the one you’re using and dropbox it or something for me? Actually, I remember the last nightly I used couldn’t save any directory changes, and if the one you’re using has that problem I’ll stick with 1.3.6 until the next stable or the nightly builds start working again.

We could really use a dedicated Wii developer that could keep his finger on the proverbial pulse so to speak so that issues like this are quickly caught instead of them catching up with us weeks later.

Here are the last working version of the nightlies, from August 29th - https://mega.nz/#!p8dGxQib!Oqg-e5p9uRjxD4zlgU9opMXC61t-6Y0L5yH4d-0E0Ck

[QUOTE=soniccomicsbr;47553]Here are the last working version of the nightlies, from August 29th - https://mega.nz/#!p8dGxQib!Oqg-e5p9uRjxD4zlgU9opMXC61t-6Y0L5yH4d-0E0Ck[/QUOTE]

Thanks, really appreciate it. Only issue is that I can’t get the file browser and bios directory changes to stick, but it’s not a big deal as long as I can still point it to my remaps.

The new Mame2000 core is really awesome; The only two games I’ve run into from the romset so far that don’t boot are Gradius III and R-Type Leo, and Dodonpachi doesn’t run at full speed. Is there any way to change the controls though, like you can in every other core?

[QUOTE=Harpuia;47573]Thanks, really appreciate it. Only issue is that I can’t get the file browser and bios directory changes to stick, but it’s not a big deal as long as I can still point it to my remaps.

The new Mame2000 core is really awesome; The only two games I’ve run into from the romset so far that don’t boot are Gradius III and R-Type Leo, and Dodonpachi doesn’t run at full speed. Is there any way to change the controls though, like you can in every other core?[/QUOTE]

I am using a true arcade stick for this core, as a classic controller for wiimote, so: Settings, Input1.

So, currently the only way to change controls in the Mame core is to do it in the settings menu?

@Radius

Estou baixando o retroarch das ultimas Nightly, e esta dando um erro muito chato, a tela fica preta ao carregar e diz que minha tv não suporta a resolução, para mudar a resolução, gostaria de saber como se arruma este erro, uso uma tv 32" full hd via cabo vídeo componentes e o wii setado em 480p wide.

I’m downloading the retroarch the latest Nightly, and is giving a very annoying error, the screen goes black when loading and says my TV does not support the resolution to change the resolution, I would like to know how it gets this error, use a tv 32 "full hD via component vídeo cable and wii setted at 480p wide.

^

(There have been reports of latest nightlies not working… dunno if it has been fixed.)

Try the nightly again but do it with a clean install.

[QUOTE=hcraorter;48314]^

(There have been reports of latest nightlies not working… dunno if it has been fixed.)

Try the nightly again but do it with a clean install.[/QUOTE]

Eu uso os cores mesclados pelo wiiflow, mas deleto a pasta Retroarch da raiz do dispositivo, mas mesmo assim todos os cores dão o mesmo erro.

I use the colors mixed by wiiflow but deleted the folder Retroarch device root, but even so the colors give the same error.

Stills not working here too

Just tried 1.3.6. (latest nightly)

• The issues posted on this thread (by me) http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6220 are somewhat solved. but new issues appeared.
  • I can launch retroarch from my forwarder once again (couldn’t before, black screen) and it works fine.
  • The info files are STILL not included with the bundle (and the linked folder doesn’t contain info files for some cores like snes next for instance.) So auto detect doesn’t work until you get a ahold of those files.
  • Nestopia freezes my Wii U to a black screen every time I try to load the core. Not sure about other cores though…

Using latest (10-26-2016) nightly. I’m not sure if it’s something on my end or if it’s an issue… Anyway, first things first, what is WORKING now and wasn’t before:

• I can launch the app from the forwarder now.
  • I can save directories.

What is NOT working.

• Can’t launch any core (besides the snes cores) because I get a black screen. And that’s it. Like I said, maybe something on my end?) gx and next work as expected, I can switch games on the flies. Everything, NES, GENESIS, GAMEBOY not working (black screen) Not sure about the others…

• Still, the info files are NOT included in the bundle, rendering the autodetect feature useless. (by the way, the zip file of info files linked in another thread doesn’t carry the info file for snes next…)

Any ideas? Should I go back to any specific version? And if so, which one? Thanks.

See what I posted there:

[QUOTE=soniccomicsbr;47553]Here are the last working version of the nightlies, from August 29th - https://mega.nz/#!p8dGxQib!Oqg-e5p9uRjxD4zlgU9opMXC61t-6Y0L5yH4d-0E0Ck[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks, so that nightly is working then, and NOTHING from that point forward is??? I mean, that should be looked at… is not like a tiny bug or something is an app breaker. No one is testing wii releases anymore right? Anyway, thank you my friend. Could I bother you with another question that has nothing to do with any specific version but mostly with something that has been bugging me for some time. Is there a way to get rid of the cropping (overscan? I think?) on top and bottom? The image is clearly cut (on most arcade games I can’t even see the hud/number of coins/etc) I would like to get the full image, doesn’t matter if there are black borders all around. And the ONLY way to do so is by changing the resolution to 512x448 or something along those lines. I’d like to get full image on 640x480. Is that possible? If so, how? Thanks!

PS: I noticed you also have some cool ass overlays in there… How can I use those? They look like they could fix my issue with the cropping also since they center the image on screen. A little guidance please? Thanks again.

By the way, I’m attaching my info files (so you, or anyone else of course, can use the auto-detect function again). Mine has ALL cores supported not like the default bundle you can download in here. Just unzip with the dol files.