Wii/NGC Nightly discussion thread

If you back to page 41, I posted on Mega the last working version of the Nightlies.

Ignore this line.

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;50296]That’s a problem because of the cropping issue you’re having, these setting might not help you. That’s why I’d like to know if you see the same thing with VC. SNES and NES VC 512x240(480) if using snes9x next 512x224(448) AR Index: 4:3/core provided/config, whatever fills out the frame. VI width: 640

*All NES cores on Wii output 256x240, but see the core options to disable cropping, I think only nestopia has it. snes9x next has hacks to keep games 256x224, while VC outputs all lines.

Genesis VC cannot be imitated because RA lacks automatic resolution switching and oversampled bilinear.[/QUOTE]

100% Correct! ( Sorry did not see this post before )

So, have the nightly builds been fixed or are they still borked? I can’t try them myself at the moment

Prboom has stopped working on the last couple of nightlies and in the last one that it did work it would only work once and then it would spaz out with glitches the next time you ran it. There is a massive problem with the menu across all cores when you exit.

Ok, I think Twinaphex tracked down the Wii black-screen issue. Can anyone confirm with the newest nightly?

I can download and test on my nintendo wii no problem, what is the date of the version that low?

Edit: I tested the version of 26.12.2016 here and it worked perfectly, Thanks for fixing the problem.

Tested 26/12/2016, seems okay, but lost ability to save screen resolution with the core config

@reztek You mean via the now-removed per-core configs? or did you try via override, as well?

[QUOTE=hunterk;53328]@reztek You mean via the now-removed per-core configs? or did you try via override, as well?[/QUOTE]

Eu consegui salvar a configuração por jogo, mas no caso do cps1 por algumas vezes na troca de um jogo para outro o retroarch congelava a tela ou dava o erro de memória DSI com tela preta, e o jogo Forgotten Worlds não funciona o Start seria possível arrumar este problema se não me engano este jogo no retroarch do android funciona normalmente o Start, os cores DOOM e Quake deram erro DSI, o core PC-FX não carregou, o PC Engine CD agora carrega perfeitamente, os jogos Arcade pelo core FBA 2012 da Data East e Sega rodam lentamente.

I managed to save the configuration per game, but in the case of cps1 for a few times in the exchange from one game to another the retroarch would freeze the screen or give the DSI memory error with black screen, and the game Forgotten Worlds does not work the Start would be possible Fix this problem if I am not mistaken this game in android retroarch normally runs the Start, DOOM and Quake colors gave error DSI, PC-FX core did not load, PC Engine CD now loads perfectly, Arcade games by core FBA 2012 Data East and Sega spin slowly.

[QUOTE=hunterk;53328]@reztek You mean via the now-removed per-core configs? or did you try via override, as well?[/QUOTE]

I’m aware that per-core configs are gone. I made a new “install” of retroarch nighly and tried to use overrides, ‘vi width’ and ‘viewport sizes’ save ok, resolution always switches back to the one on retroarch.cfg.

PS - Didn’t try to add the resolution value manually on core override config file.

Just tested briefly and I can also confirm that the nightlies are working again. The pesky input-sticking bug that seems to have plagued Retroarch on Wii for a long time is still there though, so hopefully that gets sorted out at some point.

It’s working, but the Game Cube joysticks are not recognized. Also, I tried to play Super Mario Bros. 1 on Nestopia and it crashed.

12/29 was the last one working for me. 01/02 loads up but crash a split second after showing up the RGUI

Again Neogeo Pocket (Mednafen Neopop) core does not work in the latest versions, right?

Sound is messed up in recent releases for FBA CPS2 and NEOGEO cores. Does anybody else also experience this?

Yes I am getting the same thing in the 1.5.0 cores. The sound is

• lower than normal
  • has constant high pitched/whistling distortion
  • pops and stutters every so often

What about that pesky joystick bug that doesn´t allow to connect Wiimote and GC pads at the same time? Have it been fixed?

1 Like

Was playing some turtles in time arcade, everything works flawlessly until I get to the neon night riders stage, the character sprites aren’t visible and only a scrolling stage is seen, if you move up and jump you can get a glimpse of your character sprite so it’s like the layer is misaligned for some reason and it always happens on this stage whenever I’ve played, making it pretty unplayable past this point, anyone know why? Is it the core at fault or my rom or something? Tried all sorts of versions including nightly ( no save states used )

That’s a known issue. One of the mame cores should work.