Windows Nightly discussion thread

It’s something we would love, yes, but we haven’t figured out a way to do it yet.

Hi I am new here so please bear with me. I just downloaded the Retroarch 1.7.3 Nightly version. I want to play PSX games with it, but I can’t seem to get the cores for PSX to work. I downloaded the one from Libretro and it doesn’t load. I’m using a Windows 10 laptop with Intel Core i5 and the graphics driver of Intel HD 3000.

what “the one”? You mean RetroArch itself? Or the core(s)?

When you say “I can’t seem to get the cores for PSX to work” do you mean just those cores? Do others work?

My guess is that RetroArch isn’t loading for you, which is a problem with your GPU and driver in Windows 10. If you open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor (notepad++ is free and works well), add the following line: video_driver = d3d9

You won’t be able to use the beetle-psx-hw core with that driver, but RetroArch will launch and work.

Pardon me, but are any of the Windows 95/98 builds confirmed to be working for anyone?

Need assistance and I’m new so can’t create my own post, can’t find anything addressing my issue so not sure where I’m supposed to submit my inquiry. Please redirect me to the correct thread if it directly relates to my issue:

I’m having an issue with the hotkeys, but it doesn’t seem to be common. Running latest retroarch on PC windows 10. Issue is when I load a game, regardless of core/platform, I’m able to execute hotkey commands once, maybe twice before becoming unresponsive. Using SF30 Pro and I use ‘select’ as enable hotkey. The only workaround I’ve found is the RGUI option to enable one of the button combos to open the menu, in this case L3 + R3, but its becoming a pain in the ass having to do that every time just to save or any other commands. Start + Select to exit still works, just can’t do anything else after only using the hotkeys once. Before I proceed any further could someone confirm I’m even in the right place?

Thanks,

I just downloaded Retroarch last night and for the most part it’s working great with the Beetle PSX core.

The only issue i’m having is with fullscreen. Whenever I press “F” to toggle it, it goes into fullscreen but appears to freeze, showing only the last frame that was on the window. The program continues to run, and if i’m playing a game, I can hear the game continuing in the background, and when I press F again, it resumes.

I think it may be because I have a 144Hz monitor but I also tried it on my 60Hz secondary monitor, with no change.

Edit: After a few more hours of testing, I found out that it does this if using the Vulkan or GL renderer. Fullscreen works normal if using the d3d12,11, or 10 renderers. However using a d3d one seems to be far worse for performance in the Beetle core. Can anyone else confirm this or am I actually doing something wrong?

While I dont know about your fullscreen toggle issues, what I can tell you is that when you use D3D with Beetle PSX, it will revert to the software renderer, since Beetle PSX has no D3D renderer.

Has anyone been experiencing Full screen issues on the nightly builds? I’ve been using a stable build of RetroArch on windows 10 for a while now. However, I’ve had issues with some controller mapping due to a bug where my gamecube controller just spams -3 as an input. Just today, I decided to try out f the newest nightly build, and the mapping issue is fixed. Another issue presented itself, though. RetroArch seems to crash when I change the setting to start in full screen.

Report it on Github and give us more detailed logging information. Preferably a backtrace too.

Hello~ I updated to the latest nightly yesterday, and I have a weird problem.

I have massive frame drops en every core when using the Vulkan driver. The game runs at full speed, sound too. I don’t have this problem using OpenGL but I need Vulkan for ParaLLEI. The issue is reduced when disabling VSync but it’s still not smooth.

My specs : Windows10, i5 4670K, 12 Go RAM, Radeon RX 570, SSD

The vulkan renderer for ParaLLEl-N64 (ParaLLEl-RDP) isn’t hooked right now for Windows anyway (we had to choose between it and a 40% speedup in threaded Angrylion, so we went with Angrylion), so you shouldn’t need vulkan for it. Just change the gfx plugin to angrylion and you should be good.

Thank you, it works fine.

The VI filtred mode produces a black screen in OpenGL, unfiltred is okay. I’m going with this for now.

Hi it’s me again.

Last week I updated into the lastest nightly and since then ParaLLeI have a performance issue. It seems that turning multithreading On or Off don’t have any impact on performance so I guess it’s always using one thread no matter what.

New user, unable to make my own post, and having some immediate problems. Namely the .exe for retroarch not being found. After trying both the installer and downloading/extracting the zipped file (windows 10) I am greeted with an error that the .exe for retroarch cannot be found. I have attempted both downloads a few times keeping the default download locations as well as choosing different ones, but keep getting the same error. Help?

thanks

Sounds like overly enthusiastic antivirus to me.

Only virus protection I have is windows security, my tamper protection is off, but all other settings are on. Any tips on what setting could be the cause if that was the case?

Thanks for your help

Hi All, I am trying to set up retroarch for the first time and watched a youtube video on how to set it up. I downloaded dreamcast and downloaded blue stinger ROM but it gives me an error that says failed to load content. Any ideas? Does anyone have any recommended ROM download sites as well? THanks!

You need to put the Bios for it in the System File or make sure the HLE Bios is set to be On

Hi guys! I will try to briefly describe the essence of the problem. All dreamcast game images run only up to the main console menu, all bios are installed correctly, images (gdi, cdi) of games tried different result the same, flycast emulator.

I don’t know if this is where to post this, but im new to this site and i don’t know how of if I can make a new topic, but any who. I have a lot of roms with different extensions .z64, .nds, .n64, .7z, etc. when i go to scan for roms, it only pulls maybe 20 roms onto retro arch. my question is can i somehow manually scan it, because it picks em all out, but just keeps it in one huge list. how can i manually scan it, but have retro arch arrange it as if it does when auto scanning, ie n64 under n64 snes with snes and so forth. if so how do i go about this. i only found retro arch 1 month ago AND IT IS AWESOME!!! im trying to get a key for it. i wish i knew about arch when it was starting. anyway can some please help me, been driving me crazy since i found arch.

Thank You, God Bless you, and Stay Safe :slight_smile: