Windows Nightly discussion thread

The manual scan will create a playlist out of whatever is in the directory you scan, so if you want them in separate playlists, put them in separate directories before you scan.

Thank You Hunterk, I shall do this. Like i said I only found arch month ago lol and it was awesome except that lol

ok, i got this to work Finally right, but some files it just pulls the game file out which is what I want, but others it will pull out every file like .bin along with it and other i don’t need. can i fix this or just keep deleting manually

If they’re in archives (zip or whatever) I think there’s not a good way to filter them. If they were uncompressed, you could just use the file extension filter that’s in the manual scan options.

Half the cores will say failed to load game. Can’t choose PROPER cores for iso formatted games. Like for instance, PSX games won’t let me choose PSX cores, will recommend everything but PSX cores. Even when I preload a core, go to select file, the PSX core I preloaded magically gets unselected. Most of the Computer Systems MSX, Odyssey, Commodore don’t work. Amiga kind of works but I don’t know the execution command to launch games. Famicom Disk system doesn’t work. 3DO crashes.

DS emulators spas out when I press the Y button on my controller. Constantly entering a weird turbo mode and attacking while also automatically switching screen positions. AND YES, I tried forcing a remap and it ignored it (ON WINDOWS GPD WIN MAX)

N64 emulators won’t let me use the analog stick at all, tried everything. Disabling Left Analog as Digital input, in both system and core specific emulators.

Lynx has jump stuck.

Most of my dreamcast games don’t load or get recognised even though they’re in the dreamcast disk format.

how do i post a new question i need help!!!

There are a few hoops to jump through before you can make new threads:

However, you can post in existing ones until then. This forum has existed for a long time, so you can usually find something at least sort of related to your problem by searching.

2 Likes

Need help using controller for Beetle Saturn. The controller works with every one of my games except Discworld. When the Saturn start up screen happens, I can skip it using my controller. But when I get into the actual game it stops working and I can’t press start to start the game. The Keyboard doesn’t even work for this game either. It used to work a while ago but now doesn’t. Again, every other game is completely fine except Discworld. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Thanks

1 Like

I didn’t know where else I could post this as I couldn’t find a bug report thread and this forum won’t let me make a new post right away (which is pretty dumb). but I have an issue where I installed Retroarch to a custom folder with other games and things in it but then I had a problem with Retroarch and needed to reinstall. Uninstalling caused the ENTIRE folder that retroarch was in to get deleted! Every last file relevant to retroarch or not is gone!

So I can’t make a topic? So I’m forced to post in other threads about this. But I cannot get Beetle PSX HW to load Vagrant Story. I know it works because I know others play it there but it works fine on other emulators like PCSX ReArmed and Swanstation. I just get “failed to load content” errors every time and the game doens’t load… I know the bin and cues files match as well as the text within the cue file. I have the correct bios for the region.

Don’t mind me I just really want to be able to post.

1 Like

How to connect Wiimote or Dolphindroid on Dolphin core???

Hi,

I signed to the forums to see if anyone can solve me an issue (but I can’t see where to open a thread).

Retroarch doesn’t recognize the mouse (if I need to play Amiga or MS DOS games) unless I unplug and plug it again after windows starts. It’s not a killer, but it’s definitely annoying. I’m using Retroarch 1.9.4.

1 Like

How do I turn off the alt enter full screen shortcut been having trouble with it on controller

A post was split to a new topic: Inputs going crazy

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Anyone has this issue? I have a 4k screen, which I run at 1080p as my 2080ti died and now have a 1650, and unfortunately a lot of recent games don’t allow you to switch away from your desktop resolution in full screen anymore, making it so that I always run at 1080p. Yet something like Retroarch I would like to run at 2160p as that is easy enough and the Megatron CRT shader looks much better at 4k.

So when I set up retroarch to run at 4k60, it works perfectly, but as soon as I close it, my resolution changes back to 1080p, and restart Retroarch, the mouse is bound to the top quarter of the screen. If I open up the settings I can see it’s set to 1080p again, but the monitor still reports 4k. I have to change it back to 4k by hand every time. I’ve tried to save it to the retroarch.cfg > no change. Even made the retroarch.cfg readonly… same issue…

Is this something that can be fixed or must I live with it? I mean, I know it’s quite a niche use of the products involved but it is annoying the heck out of me!