XMB not showing

Some help and pointers would be appreciated please.

Gigabyte notebook win10 intel integrated graphics plus nvdia gtx970m, live mode usb Generic_VK_nvidia.x86_64

After expanding partitions ok, reboots then gets stuck on the lakka logo screen (flower logo) never gets to show the XMB.

Edited syslinux.cfg removed quiet so I could see what was happening. Kernel looks fine, everything’s seems to have started and running just never gets to start the XMB.

I can alt-ctrl-del retroarch shutdown and it’ll reboot into win10 just fine.

I’m sure it must be a simple tweak possibly graphics card conflict issue but I’m clueless with Linux and have no idea where to start.

Any and all help appreciated!

Tried with live usb of Generic.x86_64 and lakka just hangs on the logo screen and my notebook’s fans go into overdrive. Ctrl-alt-del and it hangs waiting for shutdown unlike the VK live usb version which shutdowns cleanly and reboots.

If it’s booting does it get an IP address on your network, or is that what the connection service is trying to do? Are you able to SSH into it? If so, I’d check to see what journalctl shows for retroarch.service

Yesterday when messing around with mine I was having network connectivity errors when I had my gopro battery charging dock connected. Maybe try removing all peripherals.