4K Vertical Overlay Video "Shorts"

Thank you sir! I appreciate it!

2 Likes

WIP :grin:

Lots of fun ideas and things happening here! Come visit and sub!

5 Likes

Those are amazing! I assume they’re videos running in Retroarch? Unless Retroarch has a TeknoParrot core?

Hey!

I know it’s crazy. But this is playable. Not just a video.

Retroarch doesnt have a teknoparrot core that I know of. Here is the next coolest thing!

Just using windowcast:

Then following the tips here:

6 Likes

windowcast in combination with mbz is an amazing thing , it came out shortly after your finished the daytona overlay and now you can use it for real with this AND almost everything else that runs on pc in someway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New WIP coming soon :partying_face:

8 Likes

My goodness sir. That’s what I’m talking about right there. Makes me wish I had one of the vertical screen setups.

2 Likes

Thanks dude! If I had a active marquee, I would probably go for a horizontal setup. But the one I like is like $700. So I am happy with utilizing my TV on a rotating wall mount for now.

Here is video of the upcoming Mario Kart Arcade WIP.

3 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks to @walter.farmacia and @PapaShine for these excellent overlays! I love making these short videos as these overlays paired with @HyperspaceMadness megabezel @sonkun crt shaders really make everything nearly lifelike!

Star Wars by @walter.farmacia

Afterburner by @PapaShine

Moonwalker by @PapaShine

4 Likes

vvv Another WIP vvv

3 Likes

Almost finished :slight_smile:

Come see the rest here: https://www.youtube.com/@RetroGamesRecreated/shorts

Not sure which I like better, but apparently the area by the controller lights up…!

Sega MegaTech is one I have always wanted to try and tackle. It’s proving to be a pain. Here is how it looks so far…

Come see the rest here: https://www.youtube.com/@RetroGamesRecreated/shorts

I am starting to realize I am a SEGA fan boy… This one might be my all time favorite console. I also found an interesting easter egg while making the marquee. I used the blue lighting off the original Sega CD model 1 box for the effect. While creating a mirror layer of the lighting. I noticed an interesting face. Maybe I am crazy… Anyways, this is a WIP but I hope to have it finished by end of week.

Thanks to @Duimon for providing renders. The bluish frame and speakers for this are from his work. https://github.com/Duimon/Duimon-Mega-Bezel

Also, thanks to @ArsInvictus for the lower metal grill. That one is from some of his work. 4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

3 Likes

Great job on the overlay, is that Knuckles?

Thanks! I feel like it’s a bit busy after playing on it. I’ll prob make an alt version.

But yeah, i know you can make patterns of about anything when doing a mirror image. The really crazy thing here is it literally looks like Knuckles! So it’s a strange coincidence. He wasn’t introduced until 2 years after this in Sonic 3.

Reminded me of this scene

1 Like

Cruis’n Blast 4K Vertical Overlay (WIP)

Not finished yet, but working on 2 versions. Not sure which I prefer. Need to add some high res details on things like text and labels as well as shader and lighting adjustments.

Ideal use for this would be Windowscast core in Retroarch along side Yuzu or Ryujinx.

6 Likes

Star Wars Trilogy 4K Vertical Overlay WIP.

I hope to have this done in another day or two.

I will probably have 2 versions for the screen. 1 angled, 1 no angled.

I am also planning on adding real time reflections on the control panel, original bezel and cabinet using new techniques from @HyperspaceMadness Megabezel.

Need to do some touch up on some lower quality looking assets.

@ArsInvictus and @Cyber I used Gamebar to get the HDR screenshot here. Thanks for the tips.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see this come together, and how those reflections look. This looks amazing already!

2 Likes

A bit more progress. No HDR shot this time, but I finally got Star Wars Trilogy loaded through Supermodel 3. Surprised it was kinda difficult to track down a working version of this. Final touchups on lower res assets is done. The bezel has been adjusted from the original angled version. I prefer the straight on look personally. Joystick has been centered and adjusted a bit. New event buttons have been added. Control panel and art have been updated with cleaner versions.

Planning to do the shading, tone mapping adjustments and then add the new reflections method. Probably another day or night on this.

6 Likes

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade 4K Vertical Overlay. This is done but I am working with others on the side to figure out how to move forward with packaging these overlays.

The new reflection method has been implemented here. In addition to bezel reflections, you can now see reflections appear in the area below the marquee between the bezel and screen as well as the control panel. Although it looks great, further changes can be made to improve on this, so consider these reflections a work in progress.

I can still create a normal package with the standard overlay art as well. So no real loss either way. Just cool to see how this looks in action now!

I will try to have the overlay ready to share by end of weekend

6 Likes