Akuma22 Mega Bezel Arcade Mame and Systems Presets

Akuma22_OSD23

Hello, I created this thread to publish my work, it is based on @Duimon’s legacy graphics, my work consists of generic graphics for Arcade, in principle it was for MAME but it also works in FBA, I also have graphics for other systems.

I have the roms organized by companies so I decided to make a graph for each company, the modifications I made regarding the Duimon graphics are several, I removed the speakers at the top and made the screen larger to take advantage of more space, in the Duimon graphics the screen is tilted which consumes more system resources, in my graphics I put the screen in normal orientation so it doesn’t consume as much, then I just changed the background to put an arcade room.

Links to other colleagues’ work and thanks

Duimon - Mega Bezel consoles, laptops, arcade, retro computers and others For me the best job when it comes to Mega Bezel, is the master, without him my work would not be possible, he left me his graphics and helped me at all times, thanks for everything friend. :grin: :+1:

Orionsangel - Realistic Arcade Bezels and Console Themed Overlays His work inspired me to do mine, I think it’s impressive work and I thought that if I made generic graphics everyone would have more to choose from, thanks also for your all. :ok_hand:

SOQUEROEU - Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds An elegant job, a simple but effective job, in short a great job, I need to have it. :smile:

TheNamec - Mega Bezel COMMODORE Pack Essential if you like the Commodore Amiga and any of its models, a great job and the best when it comes to the Amiga. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

Requirements

Retroarch 1.16.0 and later versions (Will also work with previous versions)

HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader!

Follow the Mega Bezel Shader setup instructions.

instructions recomened

It is absolutely necessary to configure it this way, otherwise the vertical graphics will not work, especially in FBA.

installation path

Unzip the Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Arcade-Mame folder in Shaders>Mega_Bezel_Packs

The final route would look like this:

Shaders>Mega_Bezel_Packs>Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Arcade-Mame

Characteristics

Resolution 3840x2160

Horizontal and vertical graphics

Graphics in night mode

Presets Standard and Advanced

Two different versions, one with the arcade room behind it and another with a brick wall for those who want something more simplistic and simple.

Version Arcade Room

Version Simplistic

On one occasion a user told me that he didn’t like the controls below because he already has his arcade stick in front of his screen, so you will see that there are two folders, the normal one and one called Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Arcade-Mame[NO DECAL ] This last folder contains the same graphics but without the controls below, I thought that the ideal would be for everyone to choose based on what they want.

Normal Pack

Pack no Decal

You will see certain companies that have graphics for 3 or 4 players, the companies that have those graphics are the ones that released games for that number of players, like Konami, Sega or Capcom, Mame and FBA also have them.

Example 3 Players

Example 4 Players

The companies for which I have made graphics are the following.

• Arcade Classics
  • Atari
  • Atlus
  • Bally Midway
  • Banpresto
  • Capcom
  • Cave
  • Cps1
  • Cps2
  • Cps3
  • Data East
  • Gaelco
  • Irem
  • Jaleco
  • Kaneko
  • Konami
  • Midway
  • Mitchell
  • Namco
  • Neogeo MVS
  • Nichibutsu
  • Nintendo
  • PGM (PolyGame Master)
  • Psikyo
  • Raizing
  • Rare
  • Sega
  • Sega Atomiswave
  • Sega Naomi
  • Seibu
  • SNK
  • Stern
  • TAD
  • Taito
  • Technos
  • Tecmo
  • Toaplan
  • Universal
  • UPL
  • Williams
  • Mame
  • FBA

Akuma22_OSD

The other package is about my graphics for other systems, it is installed the same as the mame one,

its name is Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Systems

installation path

Unzip the Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Systems folder in Shaders>Mega_Bezel_Packs

The final route would look like this:

Shaders>Mega_Bezel_Packs>Akuma22-Mega-Bezel-Systems

Includes these 10 systems

I know they don’t reach the level of Duimon’s work but I don’t lose hope that Duimon will make us graphics for some of those systems, in fact some are on their list.

Recommendations, advice and others

I recommend for vector games in Mame in the core options activate “Alternate Renderer” this way it will look better, then we can save the game settings, or put all the vector games in one folder and save the settings for the entire directory.

Personally, I like scanlines but I don’t like them to be very noticeable, which is why my graphs don’t have much scanline, so everyone can modify it to their liking.

The background image is made up of the game room (or brick wall) and the machine cabinet, this means that you cannot change the color of the cabinet in the settings, this is because I did it that way from the principle, Just as the cabinet also has some lighting effects, changing the color would not look good.

What can be done is change the color of the controls, in the “graphics” folder we can copy the image of the controls from any system and paste them into another system, that way we could have the “Atari” controls in the graphics of “Capcom”, feel free to experiment.

It is possible to play vertical games with horizontal graphics, it doesn’t look as good as vertical graphics but it is another possibility.

If someone wants to use the graphics to modify them or change something, they should ask Duimon for permission. I remind you once again that they are not mine, so please do not ask for permission for that.

Links

Mega Bezel Arcade Akuma22

Mega Bezel Systems akuma22

If the links stop working, let us know here or privately.

10 Likes

WoW" Great job man. Congratulations! :star_struck: Keep up your good work.

4 Likes

I am so glad you returned to us and completed your work.

This pack is a wonderful gift to the community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes