Back-Ups Arcade

Yours look awesome m8 but yeah send it over :raised_hands: the games I want are Vs Mario and Vs Goonies

use as many as you want ^^ most VS. games are different from the NES release , and way to less played :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well I reckon it’s time to give em some airtime! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: I have to confess that I’ve never seen them here in the uk :sob:

oh here in germany you wouldn´t normaly see them in the wild (nowadays its hard to find any arcade , or even pinball machine here )

but we had years ago , a more or less shady pub that had an original VS. cab and one … weird Nintendo Super System knockoff/custom/modded or whathever machine …but it looked nothing like the original and besides mario world and f-zero it had choplifter 3 on it what was never released for the super system …saddly its long gone with every trace from the owner aswell :thinking:

1 Like

It’s such a shame… I follow a guy on YouTube called Shaun’s Arcade, he recently visited the uk seaside town of Blackpool (renowned for it’s arcades). He did a walk round to see what retro stuff was left in the wild :sob:

1 Like

But like I said to him at least the right people now own these cabs… which are the dedicated retro arcade clubs that are popping up everywhere. (At least they get the love and restoration they deserve :metal:)

1 Like

worse thing is , that you can see here all the time how some amusment machines lending services , break down old arcade machines to bones , repainting the cabinets and put some dumb gambling machine in it. :roll_eyes:

you have more chances to get hit by lightning twice in a row as finding a arcade machine in this part of the county :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So what games did you play back in the day? I remember playing SkyKid a fair bit and Toki, Streetfighter 2 was a big part of my life also (and still is).

1 Like

toki is awesome ^^ , the earliest arcade memories i had with was missle command ( i not THAT old but we had an machine here ^^) hang on , final fight , mortal kombat and later the tekken 2 cab that the youth club had (that we nearly break) and i have a deep love for raiden DX

and nowadays … a friend of mine renovated an og neo geo cab and oh man … kinda sad to never saw one of them here back than

(and to street fighter 2 … i kinda “UN-learned” that game over the years …thanks to tekken … still love it but i have trouble to even beat the snes version even in other fighting games i have no problem)

1 Like

Final Fight!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and Shadow Warriors(Ninja Gaiden) got a lot of love from me… MK like you say, NewZealand Story… just loads!!

1 Like

most likley we also can tell storys about our Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh most definitely!! Me and my m8 used to play it after school sometimes… but it was so expensive at the time (£1 a credit!!). The pressure was real!!

1 Like

thats quite a sum …for this game at least maybe i would have been cheaper in this case to just buy the machine instead of try to beat it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We used to pay about 25p or 50p max, but turtles looked so good!! We just had to give it a go, the best I did on one credit was get to the rhino (was it be-bop or rocksteady) can’t remember :thinking: I’m 44 and very forgetful lol

1 Like

rocksteady ^^ yeah good old times where gaming at home was way behind and the arcade was painfully hard sometimes nowadays you can watch some guys to beat the contra arcade with only 1 credit but even they will not beat an beat em up with one coin …i hope at least ^^

my dad played a lot 1942 and ghosts and goblins …these are also so cruel from the difficulty

1 Like

Yeah I played a lot of 1942, how old’s yr dad?

he will be 60 in 2 months . he and his c64 are the reason …the start of my gaming life and love :grin:

3 Likes

Brill he’s got great taste!! I grew up with an Amstrad CPC464 (which it pains me to say was not as good as a c64)

Better than a speccy though! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh amstrad ? if i had to guess i would say you had most likley an spectrum, each guy from the isle i knew had an spectrum but…

i had a amstrad too for a short time from my uncle …but here the amstrad was branded by Schneider

still now i regret it to gave it away , but i had only 2 games with just a monochrom display … it never could shine against my master system or nes :laughing:

1 Like

Yep literally everyone I knew had a speccy!! It was war m8!! Amstrad had two graphic modes one of which was very similar to to speccy graphics. I was lucky enough to have a colour monitor but my m8 had green screen. I remember we used to copy games on his hifi :star_struck:

1 Like