Hello my name’s Boz and i’ve been a long time Libretro lurker / minimal poster. I wasn’t going to post this but i thought it was about time i man up and give something back.
I’ve been working on a project for a few years called Back-Ups Arcade. A front end that showcase’s the very excellent Mr Retrolust’s Mame - 4k - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels.
It also features the amazing Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. The shader version i used was an early one, and so because of this i’ve missed out on some of the new features such as auto-placement and image caching.
Back-Ups Arcade relies of three pieces of software to make it work:
- Attract Mode Plus: The front end.
- RetroArch: The back end.
- RocketLauncher: The intermediary software used for game fades and pause menu.
My aim was to make a AIO software package that seamlessly transitions between game selection and game with no ugly loading screens. I think i’ve achieved that successfully but obviously i’m gonna say that! See what you think by checking out a review of the build here:
There are many Mega Bezel graphics and presets examples that already exist so what does Back-Ups Arcade have to offer?
I’ve tried to keep an emphasis on fun but underneath the hood there’s some tricked up sh*t!
- Demo Screen: Informative intro video featuring the amazing Frank George!
- Custom Controllers: Per game Xbox controllers and control schemes.
- Smoking Options: Choose your smoking preference.
- Screen Saver: From the amazing TAS Visuals.
- Overlays: From Mr Retrolust, Orion’s Angel, Arsinvictus and myself.
- Shaders: From Libretro’s very own amazing HyperspaceMadness.
- Music Player: Very awesome tracklist thanks to my works apprentice Mikey.
- Music Player (In Game): Lets you play music or ambient arcade sounds while in-game!
- Fade Screens: Each game has a matching fade screen so you never leave your cab!
- Loading Animations: Per game animated loading animations and sounds.
- Animated Controllers: Based on the amazing Fercho’s animated overlays.
Due to the fact that Back-Ups Arcade comes pre-loaded i won’t be giving out links to it. All i will say is that google is your friend!
HERE ARE SOME BACK-UPS RELATED LINKS!
Back-Ups Arcade at Christmas: https://youtu.be/J0feGa28jNg
Animated Controller: https://youtu.be/Zwz_BVs4_oU
Instruction Booklet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jCr2ckPr-rMs___CDNZJ7QpSqICpFe02/view?usp=share_link
MASSIVE THANKS TO:
- Yaron (Coding Genius)
- Enkak (RetroArch/RocketLauncher Expert)
- Mr Retrolust (Realistic Overlays)
- Orions Angel (Realistic Overlays)
- Arsinvictus (Realistic Overlays)
- HSM (Mega Bezel Reflective Shader)
- Wolfanoz (Game Selection Advice)
- Rynne (Game Selection Advice)
And many more! (sorry if i’ve left you out!)
ALL THE BEST LOVE BOZ!