Super Nintendo - Animated Border (update)

– UPDATES IN NEW VERSION –

• New elements arrangement. No more black empty sides on ultra wide displays. (set the “AUTO SCALE OVERLAY” option to ON for non wide displays)
  • Optimized fonts in panels and buttons.
  • Redesigned face buttons (A B X Y L R).
  • Corrected main grey color brightness.
  • Corrected purple color (blue removed).
  • Redesigned side panels.
  • In-screen bezel removed (won’t interfere with shaders)
  • Selectable Dark theme addition.

– DOWNLOAD –

WITH NINTENDO LOGOS AND NON COMPRESSED 24BIT IMAGE FILES

WITH LIBRETRO LOGOS AND COMPRESSED 8BIT IMAGE FILES

– CONFIGURATION TIPS –

RETROARCH VIDEO DRIVER:

• Use Vulkan or any Open GL driver (Direct X drivers are buggy with animated overlays)

VIDEO SCALING:

• Set the screen scaling to 4:3 in a 16.9 display to get a fullscreen perfect overlay fit. Otherwise set the video scaling manually to fit your device display.
  • Integer Scale set to OFF

OVERLAY SETTINGS:

• Set the “AUTO SCALE OVERLAY” option to ON in non wide displays. (square displays like crt tv’s, vga monitors, lcd panels, etc.) Otherwise you’ll get displaced controls.
  • Set Overlay Opacity to 1.0
  • Set Show Inputs on Overlay to: Physical (Controller)
  • Set Show Inputs from Port to: 1

– CREDITS –

• Special thanks to reddit user Kuroiryuu for the dark theme idea, and help in color and font optimizations.
  • Overlay config created with the RetroPad editor by @Valent-in .
  • Nintendo/Snes logos by Dan Patrick and David Pustansky.
13 Likes

That looks awesome. Thanks for making and sharing it, and I’ll get it pushed up to the repo ASAP!

5 Likes

I really liked the new update

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got to say these are really nicely done!

2 Likes

thank you for sharing. Looks very good the overlay. By any means could you share the presets being used in the demostration video ?

1 Like

Thank you! And those are the default crt presets.

Thank you a lot for this content. I see a lot of potential to it and definetely encourage to make it for other consoles (if ever possible). I would love to see from you if it’s possible an overlay for NES but specially Sega Genesis with either the 3 or 6 buttons controller…

Just testing up with keyboard I already got a lot of fun. Can imagine how it does even better with a controller.

1 Like

Thank you ! And already did a megadrive one with a 3 and 6 button switch.

1 Like

Here

2 Likes

thank you so much for this contribution. Will love your Genesis one. I think this may be top type of content for RetroArch and hopefully is within the main files and I hope newer designs can be done. Thank you so much again.

1 Like