Calling all CRT owners: photos please!

Just some quick snaps of an arcade machine I saw at a special event.

4 Likes

I went to an event in Barcelona this last sunday too, it’s called Retrobarcelona 2024😃. Here are some pics:

4 Likes

It should work fine with CRU (under Windows) or Xrandr under Linux. Switchres might work, I haven’t tried it ages, but I generally don’t have a need for it.

1 Like

Risky woods from Commodore Amiga (Puae 2021 core) emulated on Retroarch with a CRT :grin:.

8 Likes

Dosbox Staging on Linux is the only fork that switches natively to DOS resolutions as you can hear the monitor switchres noise.

2 Likes

The Chaos Engine for the Commodore Amiga:

10 Likes

Oh my, it looks sooo gorgeous!

2 Likes

Puae or have I missed something?

1 Like

Sorry you’re right, I use to emulate Amiga with winuae, I suppose on Retroarch is the same with other name? That’s why I wrote Winuae.:sweat_smile: I’ll correct it, thanks.

1 Like

:frowning: Eh it was an hope, Puae is very heavy on cpu, My i5 4rth gen sometimes struggles where my old AthlonXP works flawlessly, probably due to missing Jit compiler in Puae.

2 Likes

PUAE tries to continue where E-UAE left off. PUAE versioning is based on the merged WinUAE version.

The PUAE core have been authored by

UAE Team

The PUAE core is licensed under

[GPLv2]

https://docs.libretro.com/library/puae/

It looks like is based on Winuae, It has the same options I think, that’s why I was confused with the name

1 Like

New pics from the Super Nintendo and the Commodore Amiga. First attempt with the camera Pro mode:

Here a video gameplay:

7 Likes

Think I might as well just post some old stuff here, don’t think Major Pain is using what he sees here for new presets in the foreseeable future anyway.

This is from my old Samsung Syncmaster 757p monitor, I only realized that this was actually a top monitor (17" with dot pitch 0.22 mm) after I got rid of it as it wasn’t in a usable state anymore.

First two games ran in 120 Hz, the last (Amiga PAL game) in 100 Hz, which I suppose explains why the scanlines were way less pronounced.

Now by contrast, this is the 17" Blaupunkt TV set I had for a brief time until it was burning up inside.

6 Likes

Went to a retro gaming event (Revival Retro 2024, Wolverhampton UK) where they had old consoles and arcade machines setup on display and free to play. Took some close-ups of the CRT’s on showcase.

Images have been compressed to allow for upload, right click and open image in new tab and view at 100% appreciate the shots.

10 Likes

Ran into this on a youtube video Might be of interest to @Cyber

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place, but here are some real Nintendo DS and PSP LCD photos.

NINTENDO DS:

PSP:

10 Likes

May I request “The Ooze” for the Sega Genesis with composite video? The color of the ground in that game is difficult to calibrate and reference material is lacking. An output comparison would be fantastic.

Street Football (1986) arcade in the film The Accused (1988).

:smile:

9 Likes

I think it is nearly impossible to not overexpose; or maybe that’s not the right term:

Screenshot_20240917_160206

Red phospors bleeding over green one even if not much excited.

1 Like