Console & Game Themed Bezels

Here is my Super Nintendo in Europe console bezel to work with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shaders.

3 Likes

I remade my Atari 5200 bezel. I wasn’t happy with the previous version. The shader frame reflections are by @HyperspaceMadness

2 Likes

Here is my Atari Jaguar console bezel to work with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shaders.

2 Likes

Here is my Intellivision​​ console bezel made to work with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shader.

2 Likes

Hi @Orionsangel , congratulations and thank you for all your awesome work and for sharing with us!
What are the aspect ratios you use for each platform (HSM)? I’ve put the Aspect ratio to 16:9 as HSM recommends, but the frame looks cut/small than it should be. Seems like you don’t have that problem so I think you have it adjusted with custom aspect ratio.

3 Likes

Thanks. No two bezels are alike. For the most part they’re all set to custom. Each bezel presents it’s own challenges when it comes to adding and adjusting an HSM reflection shader border frame. Console bezels are more or less all the same ratio. So it’s a a lot easier compared to setting up a shader frame for arcade bezels.

3 Likes

Yeah if you are using the Mega Bezel with standard overlays you have two options to set the screen size, the sort of “standard” way for the mega bezel is to set retroarch aspect ratio to 16:9 then you use the Mega Bezel scaling options.

Another way to do it is to set a retroarch custom aspect ratio, and specify a smaller part of the viewport, this actually has a bit better performance because the unused parts of the screen aren’t calculated. After you set the custom aspect ratio you will probably still need to adjust the screen size a bit.

The third option is to not use standard overlays and use the mega bezel’s ability to show images. This is probably the recommended way to do this because if you are using non-integer scale you will get exactly the same result regardless of what resolution your monitor is running. Whereas custom aspect ratio uses an explicit resolution so will be a different size at different monitor resolutions.

As for setting up a bunch of files with textures for the mega bezel I would suggest waiting until the next version comes out as your presets will be much simpler and won’t have to copy the full original preset.

3 Likes

Here is my ColecoVision​ console bezel to work with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shaders.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’ve tried to copy the aspect ratio from your video " Tutorial on how to add HyperspaceMadness’s Reflective Shaders to my Bezels" to my Master System configuration and seems like not only the size of the bezel affects to the frame screen position because mine with the same values as yours gets shifted to the left. So I think it’s inevitable to configure it manually. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Here are some NES Boxart Themed Bezels for Retroarch that I made on a whim. Each based on a famous developer of NES games. Nothing fancy here. Just an idea that came to me and I started tinkering. I wasn’t even gonna share them but then I thought why not. Someone might like them.

It uses the @HyperspaceMadness Shader

3 Likes

Here’s A Golden Axe​ bezel for Retroarch that works with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shader.

1 Like

Here’s An Alex Kidd In Miracle World​ bezel for Retroarch that works with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shader.

3 Likes

Here’s a bezel for the legendary Playstation game Castlevania Symphony of the Night with @HyperspaceMadness reflection shader for Retroarch

4 Likes

Here’s a bezel for the game Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku Bezel with @HyperspaceMadness Shader.

5 Likes

Here’s a new bezel for Klonoa: Door to Phantomile on Playstation for use on Retroarch. This bezel uses a reflective shader created by @HyperspaceMadness

4 Likes

Here’s a bezel for Rayman on Playstation for use on Retroarch This bezel uses a reflective shader by @HyperspaceMadness

4 Likes

Nice! Rayman is one of my all-time favorite games.

3 Likes

It’s great right. It was the first PS1 game I ever played because Electronic Boutique at the time was selling the PS1 with a free Rayman demo disc. That’s where I bought my launch PS1. Rayman was leaps above other the 2D platforms of the time. The colors and lush environments were amazing. The soundtrack, wow! Don’t get me started, lol.

4 Likes

Here’s a bezel for Super Monkey Ball games on Gamecube for use on Retroarch. This uses a reflective shader made by @HyperspaceMadness

4 Likes

Here is my Sega CD​ bezel for Retroarch. This uses a reflective shader made by @HyperspaceMadness

4 Likes