Console & Game Themed Bezels

Here is a Nintendo Power Magazine bezel for Retroarch. Thanks to @HyperspaceMadness for making those awesome reflection shaders.

7 Likes

On this day 30 years ago, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System launched in North America!

8 Likes

Hello, I’m not sure if this is the place to post this but I started using RetroArch a few days ago and I just came upon these overlays today. They look amazing but I’m having trouble with the scaling on at least the GB/GBA overlays.

I try running GB/GBA games on their respective overlays but the game screen doesn’t properly fit the overlay. I have tried adjusting the overlay proportions and turning the aspect ratio to custom with no success.

Is there something else I should try to solve this issue? If there are any solutions, I’d really appreciate them. Thanks!

1 Like

You also need to create custom bounds for the veiwport after you after you change it to custom.

If you have a fairly decent PC and want to avoid this hassle you can try the Mega Bezel.

It takes care of the scaling and adds a cool reflection to the bezel. (Both the bezel and reflection can be hidden.)

@Orionsangel is using the Mega Bezel in his newest creations.

You can find more info on the Mega Bezel here.

And my graphics and presets here.

5 Likes

Thank you! I installed the Mega Bezel shader preset pack and it works wonderfully. I did try to get your graphics on their too but no success there so far even though I thought I read your instructions well. I’m definitely learning a lot from using the RetroArch software.

4 Likes

The instructions on my thread using Git are hard to mess up. The instructions on my GitHub need updating.

Retroarch is an exciting adventure. Welcome to it! :grin:

Edit: Both sets of instructions have been updated. If you have any further problems installing please post in my graphics thread. If I can’t respond quickly, there are many helpful members who may be able to lend you a hand.

3 Likes

Here’s a Super Mario All Stars bezel that works with @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shader for Retroarch

5 Likes

Here’s a Donkey Kong Country bezel that works with @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shader on Retroarch.

6 Likes

These new game themed overlays of yours are fantastic my friend!

You do know that you are setting yourself up for an almost never ending project? :grin:

It is good to know that you will be around for a while. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah there’s so many games that this project will never end lol!

4 Likes

Here’s a Jet Set Radio bezel for Retroarch with the @Hyperspacemadness shader.

7 Likes

Exactly 25 years ago my favorite game of all time was released on my Birthday. It was a birthday gift from the Gaming Gods :blush:

6 Likes

Happy birthday my friend, and what a birthday present!

2 Likes

Here’s a Crash Bandicoot Bezel that works with @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shader for Retroarch

6 Likes

Here’s a R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 Bezel using @HyperspaceMadness’s Shader for Retroarch

6 Likes

Question I need know if all package given online I’m think adding on my iPad Pro do you think it will works? I am not giving hope on my project.

2 Likes

If Retroarch is on the ipad and you have access to the ipad directory. Then put the bezels in the proper directory and direct Retroarch where to find them. I guess it might work? The HSM shader though uses Vulkan and I don’t think ipad has Vulkan.

1 Like

Is there a link where I can download all your console and game bezels at once?

2 Likes

Here’s a Castlevania II Simon’s Quest bezel that works with the @HyperspaceMadness reflection shader for Retroarch

4 Likes

The links to download a bezel are in the description of each video. There isn’t a pack set yet because it’s a work in progress.

3 Likes