The graphics can be found at my GitHub page.
!! My repo has been restructured as of Mega Bezel v0.909 !!
The release of Retroarch 1.9.1 contains a new “Simple Presets” feature. This makes updates to the shader much less likely to break existing presets.
As of Mega Bezel v0.9.09 I have restructured my repo and shifted focus to give equal priority to presets for my graphics. The restructure also makes it possible to install all my graphics and presets using Git.
Please refer to the last section of this post for more information.
Currently there are 60 cores/systems represented:
- Amstrad CPC 464 + 6128 Alternate
- Atari 2600
- Atari 5200
- Atari 7800
- Atari Jaguar + 1 Alternate
- Atari Lynx + 1 Alternate
- DOSBox + 1 Alternate + IBM 5151 & 5153 Monitors
- Elektronika BK-10
- Fairchild Channel F
- FFMPEG & Generic TVs (5 Versions)
- GCE Vectrex
- NEC TurboGrafX-16
- NEC TurboGrafx CD + 1 Alternate
- NEC PC-8801
- NEC PC-9801
- NEC PC Engine
- NEC PC Engine CD
- NEC PC-FX
- NEC TurboExpress
- Neo Geo CD
- Neo Geo AES
- Neo Geo Pocket
- Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Famicom
- Nintendo Game Boy
- Nintendo Game Boy Color
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo NES + 1 Alternate
- Nintendo SNES
- Nintendo Super Famicom + Euro SNES Alternate
- Nintendo Super Game Boy + 1 Alternate
- Nintendo Wii
- Palm m515
- Panasonic 3DO
- Philips CD-i (MAME)
- SEGA 32X + Mega Drive Alternate
- SEGA CD + Mega Drive Alternate
- SEGA CD/32X Combo + Mega Drive Alternate
- SEGA Dreamcast + 1 Alternate
- SEGA Game Gear
- SEGA Genesis + Mega Drive Alternate
- SEGA MarkIII
- SEGA Master System + 1 Alternate
- SEGA Naomi
- SEGA Saturn
- SEGA SG-1000 + 1 Alternate
- Sharp x68000 + 1 Alternate
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 1 Alternate
- SONY Playstation + 1 Alternate
- SONY Playstation 2
- SONY PSone Portable
- SONY PSP
- VTech V.Smile (MAME)
I plan to (eventually) include a graphic for every hardware platform emulated by Retroarch cores. (I have over 60 systems on my list, plus some MAME Software Lists TBD.)
Now and going forward there will also be night versions of the graphics. With the new features in the shader, the night layer is built-in, there will only be custom LED layer images in my HSM graphics repo for systems that need them. The RA night overlays are now in my RA overlay repo.
4K Vertical graphics have been introduced into the development process where they make sense.
For those with less powerful systems, that still want to use the shader, I have created Overlay-Hybrid graphics. A rudimentary guide is in the repo folder README.
I have spent a lot of time preparing the repo and README files. Now it’s time to create some more graphics!
I haven’t committed to any specific order, so if anyone has a request I can move it to the top of my list.
For those of you new to this project, some screenshots:
As stated on my GitHub page I have a few select goals.
- All art will be vector based.
- If raster effects are used at any point they will be 300dpi. This may include text layer imports from Photoshop.
- Backgrounds, for graphics that don’t fill the screen, may be raster images, with the intent that (In future shader versions) users can swap in a background of their choosing.
- High quality is a must! When using existing art as a reference, it will be paired with photographic references in an effort to improve it’s realism and give it a cohesive style.
- Final raster output of 4K at 300dpi
- All project files will be provided. Layer structure within the project files will assume that an end user may want to change the bezel size or placement, and attempt to make balancing the artwork easy.
- Inclusion of logo, night, plain, and 4K vertical versions, where they make sense.
Duimon Mega Bezel Graphics Presets
These are presets using the GUEST-DrVENOM and LCD-GRID base presets. They make full use of my graphics and shader features. There are versions for both the Standard & Advanced Mega Bezel base presets. (For those of you new to the shader, this just means many choices. )
As @HyperspaceMadness adds features to the shader I may increase the number of base presets.
My graphics repo has been restructured and updated.
Locally, both my graphics and my presets will be located in
So the new file structures is…
An example presets folder and contents is…
You can install everything to a local clone and updated using the following method.
- Install Git. https://git-scm.com/downloads using the default settings.
- Enter the “Retroarch/shaders” directory and from the command-line run:
git clone https://github.com/Duimon/Duimon-Mega-Bezel
it will make a “Duimon-Mega-Bezel” folder inside the shaders folder.
To update, go into the “Duimon-Mega-Bezel” folder (note difference) and run
Thanks @drstupid for the method.
Load your content and then a preset. I recommend creating a core preset next.
Since RA 1.9.1 and the Mega Bezel shader v0.9.00 release, you need to have “Simple Presets” enabled when saving a preset. This will save only changes you make and a reference to the currently loaded preset. This will stop your preset from breaking as I update my presets and HSM updates the shader.
If you are using a multiple system core, and using it for multiple systems, I recommend creating a content directory preset.
I hope this makes it easier on some who have had a tough time getting up and running. I also recommend starting with a clean install of RetroArch and following HSMs instructions from the shader thread.