This thread is about the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader for Retroarch! Here you can tell me what’s working for you and what could be better
The shader is in a beta state, getting close to a V1, there will be some changes coming here and there, but almost all the parameter names are not going to change anymore.
Try adjusting the shader parameters to change the look, as most things are adjustable for personal taste.
SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PARTNER ON THIS PROJECT:
I want to thank @Duimon, my tireless partner on this project on the side of creating great graphics, testing, pushing the system and recommending features to improve and simplify when possible . He has put in SO MANY hours and attention to this project which have helped it become what it is now. Thanks @Duimon!!!
Links to Duimon’s work are below in the Resources section.
CURRENTLY INTEGRATED CRT SHADERS:
- ( I consider this the default shader of the Mega Bezel )
- LCD Grid V2
All Presets Include Color Correction (Grade) from Dogway!
Mega Bezel Night Preset with awesome background from @duimon
Automatic Vertical Scanlines on Vertical Games (Excludes Newpixie)
- Uses ScaleFX to smooth out the image, then reduces the sampling resolution to get scanlines
Debug Scaling Info
- Snapshot from hsm-screen-scale-crt-guest-dr-venom.slangp with no Bezel for performance
De-Dithering with MDAPT or SGENDPT
Scale-FX Contour Smoothing
Things the shader does:
- Scale the tube/screen to be the size you want on the monitor, including adjustable integer scale
- Automatic aspect ratio, including horizontal vs vertical aspect ratio for vertical games
- Scanline direction automatically driven in Guest-Dr-Venom, Guest-SM, Easymode
- Downsampling controls to sample the core image as if it was lower resolution
- Integer scale on 1 or 2 axes
- Crop the edges of the core image to get rid of ugly bits which were never meant to be seen
Bezel & Reflection:
- Generates bezel and frame around the tube area
- Dynamic blurred reflections on top of the bezel from the CRT image
- Images can be added for background, LEDs or Painted glass or art overtop
- Tube Glass Reflection on the screen
- Screen distortion either 2D or 3D geometric projection from Royale
- Glass version which shows a blurred version of the screen outside of the screen without any Bezel
HERE ARE THE LINKS!
- You MUST use Retroarch Version 1.9.8 or Later (It will fail to load on earlier versions)
- If you have previous versions of the Mega Bezel installed:
- Delete the old Mega Bezel stuff from shaders/shaders_slang/bezel
- Inside the .zip is a bezel folder, copy the bezel folder into your Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang folder
- Set video driver to Vulcan
- It will run in GLCore but seems faster in Vulcan
- Some users have run it successfully in D3D11 but with a slow load time
- Set Video / Scaling / Aspect Ratio to Full
- This will match your monitor aspect aspect ratio
- Set Video / Output / Rotation to Normal
- Set Integer scale to OFF
- Load a preset in the shaders menu, Mega Bezel shader presets are found in:
- When you save a preset make sure you have the Simple Presets feature set to ON
- This will save a preset which has a reference to the preset you loaded plus whatever parameter changes you made
- This is what will keep your presets loading properly when the shader updates in the future
- When reporting a bug, please post images of the issue if it is at all visual in nature. This often helps communicate the issue better & quicker, even if the issue seems simple.
- Please make sure you are using the latest version of the shader when reporting bugs
- If you are having any issues with the shader not loading or crashing please include a log see the readme for how to
- Please include info about your setup
- Core Internal Res 1x, 2x etc?
- Monitor resolution?
- If you want to follow the raw bleeding edge of development or want an older version you can take a look at my github repo:
THANKS TO THE SHADER WRITERS!
The Mega Bezel uses a number of shaders written by awesome shader writers from the community:
guest.r - Guest-Dr-Venom-Advanced, Guest-SM
CGCW - LCD Grid
Dogway - Grade Color Correction
Hyllian - SGENDPT
Mattias - Newpixie
aliaspider - GTU
Sp00kyFox - MDAPT & ScaleFX
Trogglemonkey - Royale Curvature
Flyguy - Text Shadertoy
hunterk for porting a number of these!
Also a huge thanks to hunterk who helped me with his expertise along the way!
Thanks to @Duimon for all his awesome graphics which he has made to be used with this shader for the different console systems, his work can be found here Duimon - HSM Reflection Shader Graphics - Feedback and Updates
here are the results of the last survey completed Dec 14 2020: