Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I’ll probably tint the lighter TGCD a bit also. Then we’ll call these done. :grin:

4 Likes

I figured since I was up to my elbows in NEC, I would go ahead and do this…

The PC-8801! (Complete with the same drive as the PC Engine CD.)

This system is kind of hard to get running, to get the colors to look right I had to use the bios roms from the oldest model in the Neo Kobe collection. (Even the set from the “complete” RA bios set didn’t work.)

I have never seen an overlay for this system, so that is kind of cool. :wink:

I will probably do some model specific details on the monitor.

5 Likes

Something weird happened… :open_mouth: my raster effect resolution was turned down to 72dpi and the “LIFT OPEN” text was colored wrong. :blush:

Here’s a new shot.

1 Like

Question…

I was thinking about doing the NEC PC-FX but there are only 38 games for it. The Atari Jaguar only has 50 and I am doing it so…

Any votes for a yes on the PC-FX?

2 Likes

Hello, good night, I would like to thank you all for excellent work, I already used shaders, but you managed to raise this to an unparalleled level, the bezels are a show apart, I look forward to each update of the topic, keep doing this wonderful work, sometimes you don’t know, but there are many people who love your work.

2 Likes

@leocmp

Thank you for your kind words, and it is my pleasure. I love what I’m doing and it’s nice to know people are liking it.

If you haven’t already, please take a look at the shader I have designed these for…

Without that, there would be no this. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish you many hours of gaming fun!

2 Likes

Yes, I’m already using them, very good

2 Likes

My vote goes to PC-FX, as we already have almost every family of NEC consoles, it would be really cool to have this one.

3 Likes

If you’re interested, I vote to go for it!

I only play a few games on it but it would still be cool!

1 Like

Hey everyone!

I added the vintage details to the PC-8801 monitor like I promised. :grin:

The Philips CD-i, PC-8801, TurboGrafx CD & Alt, and the PC Engine CD are all up in the repo. RA Overlay versions and hybrid-overlay versions have also been uploaded. All RA overlay night graphics have been updated with the new night layer. Presets have also been added and updated to the new shader version.

BTW. In the past, using the night lighting feature, whenever an LED intersected a bezel you could not scale the screen. New features in the shader have eliminated this constraint! :open_mouth:

Default.

Scaled! (Thanks! @HyperspaceMadness)

(Also notice the Decal scaling with the bezel!!)

BTW again. There were a lot of updates, and many changes in the sources. I may have missed something. Please let me know. This can sometimes be a lot to keep track of. (I don’t know how HSM keeps his presets all straight.)

7 Likes

Still quite a WIP. (A couple things I need better sources for. :upside_down_face:)

NEC PC-FX!

2 Likes

OK. OCD pass done! (It was mostly the game ports I wasn’t happy with.)

I like it. :grin:

10 Likes

This looks so sick! :astonished:

1 Like

I wanted to sew up this NEC thing with the PC-98. The emulator only supports the PC-9801VM, PC-9801VX, and PC-286, all of which are desktop PCs not towers. After MANY failed mock-ups (:frowning_face:!!) I just about gave up, but ended up doing this…

It is certainly not my best work, (And more representative than accurate.) but better than the nothing out there I think. I probably won’t spend anymore time on it. I hope you all approve. :grin:

4 Likes

I think I might like it better with only one floppy.

1 Like

I am really no good at not being OCD! :wink:

I fixed the shading on the floppy slot bezel, added the other floppy drive back in, and messed with some coloring and other stuff.

2 Likes

How cool was the new bezels, I’m going to update my setup with them. Thank you very much

I have really been struggling with this one. (Making it something my OCD can walk away from and be proud of. :innocent:)

I think I finally have it. :grin:

Lots of little changes. (Just because something is simple doesn’t mean it can’t be done well!)

Now we are done with NEC. (Or are we? :thinking:)

7 Likes

PC-FX & PC-98 are in the repo, including RA overlays and hybrids. Presets are also added. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just because. :innocent:

Now you can play your favorite TurboGrafx-16 game on the TurboExpress handheld! :astonished:

BTW, this is in no way an accurate representation. :upside_down_face:

(Now we are done with NEC. :grin:)

“Did I just put an emoji on every line?” :thinking:

4 Likes