CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Is this in the section of the post where you choose a shader preset and combine it with a filter preset? Apologies if this answer is completely off base but I’m still tryna get a grasp on everything you got layed out.

I haven’t seen much HSM named presets. Have they been renamed since you’ve merged your formula with his work or have I just not looked deep enough into the folders yet.

I understand.

A couple misc. questions:

As far as cores go, mainly Arcade, SNES n Genesis; are there specific one I should be leaning towards? I ask mainly bc I see you mention Higan but unfortunately I was unable to download it before the hack. BSNes HD is wht I’ve been using.

When you touch on display resolution, are the changes you’re suggesting if the shaders are crashing RetroArch done in the app itself or changing the display resolution settings on my laptop in this case?

I gotta say I really appreciate how throrough your responses have been and even with just minor clarifications more of the initial post is making more sense going back and reading through it again :pray:

And finally, big shoutout to all the creators who had a hand in this ongoing project of love. The hard work and the continuous support to the community is definitely worth the praise.

• guest.r (Guest-Advanced crt shader)
  • EasyMode
  • CGCW (LCD Grid)
  • DariusG (GDV Mini)
  • Dogway (Grade Color Correction)
  • Hyllian (For his groundbreaking work with XBR)
  • aliaspider (GTU)
  • Sp00kyFox (MDAPT & ScaleFX)
  • Trogglemonkey (Royale 3D Curvature)
  • Flyguy (Text Shadertoy)

*hunterk

1 Like

No, you can find this information if you read from this post:

It’s okay, just take it one step at a time. You don’t need to know everything just to get started. Just watch the video by Retro Crisis, load up a preset, save a core preset and start playing. You can learn the other stuff as you go along. That first post was written over the course of more than 1 year, you can’t simply digest all of that at once, especially if you’re not coming from a place of familiarity.

If you take your time you’ll see that I’ve basically spelt out how to load filter presets when I introduced them along with screenshots to follow along.

There are no presets named HSM in my Shader Preset Pack but all of my presets are linked to the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader Base presets. You don’t really need to get into all of that to use my presets though.

Did you watch the Retro Crisis partial installation video?

You can use whatever cores you wish. I just mention the ones I use. You don’t really need to worry about Higan anymore since I switched to BSNES and now provide presets for that specific core as well.

For Arcade, I use FB Neo, SNES - BSNES, Nintendo - Nestopia, TurboGrafx-16/PCE - Beetle PCE-Fast.

This question is a bit vague because you shouldn’t assume that I remember everything that was written in my first post over more than a year and a half off hand but here goes…

I assume you’re talking about the readme file and trying to understand how to get better performance?

If so, everything that has previously been written got turned upside down because I recently introduced several more performance tiers in the preset pack.

You don’t have to change any resolution on your device just choose presets in the folders that are optimized for whatever resolution your computer is set to.

With that said, you can lower the resolution of your device and gain additional performance but the preferred way to get better performance should be to try presets in a lower performance requirements tier. MBZ__0 being the most demanding and MBZ__5 being the least.

1 Like

Introducing…

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter_III.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition_II.filt

For proper viewing do not use preview. Download before playing. Requires 4K display for full fidelity.

Click on the link below to download:

turboxray PCE hires_slideshow_1.pce using CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter_III.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition_II.filt

Credits:

Title theme for Blazing Lazers (also known as Gunhed) for the TurboGrafx-16, composed by Masatomo Miyamoto (Compile).

turboxray PCE

hires_slideshow_1.pce

http://www.turboxraypce.org/

and the exceptionally talented artists who created these original images.

featuring HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader by @HyperspaceMadness, powered by CRT-Guest-Advanced by @guest.r and many more shader contributors.

3 Likes

my man Cyber, it’s been an education.

I will no doubt continue to read up and keep an eye out for w/e you put out in future releases.

you got a patreon or somethn?

peace bro :100:

2 Likes

No problem.

No, just enjoy the contributions of those who have freely given of their time and hard work.

I think RetroArch/Libretro has one though.

Same to you sir.

3 Likes

Tried searching for this online to get a better understanding but could’t find anythn regarding the topic. Is this somethn I need to have a better understanding about or just somethn technical for creators?

Again, wasn’t really sure about this section. Hoping you could put it into terms of whether it’s somethn to get a grip on or ‘disregard, this part is not for you’ lol

Lastly, On some of the bezels where the actual gameplay screen becomes very small, is that something wrong in my setup? I took a look at the Retro Crisis video. I followed the set up detailed below

just curious if there’s somethn I overlooked? or if tht’s the intended size on tht particular bezel/shader and if it’s not my particular taste, just move on.

Happy Holidays to you and yours brother.

1 Like

This is in the NES Emulator’s Core Options. It’s kinda important. If you use a different palette then your NES games’ colours are going to look different from my screenshots but I guess it isn’t so bad in my newer presets because I don’t really do anything to alter the colors so they’re basically neutral. NES games colours can look very different depending on the chosen colour palette.

This is something I learned the hard way when I was using a lower end 4K TV that couldn’t do RGB 4:4:4 at 60Hz. I was advised to use that particular mask because it was supposedly more accurate for 4K displays but it looked completely wrong on my TV. Other mask combinations looked wrong on that TV as well.

So if you don’t understand what that is about, don’t worry about it unless you think something doesn’t look right. I preferred my mask 6, size 2 to mask 12 size 1 anyway because of the slightly higher TVL.

Do remember when you’re reading that first post that it’s in reverse chronological order so the most up to date, relevant and important information would be at the top, while older stuff is at the bottom. What I would recommend is that you just stick with or start with whatever presets I currently use. That’s not to say that the older ones are any less awesome looking though, especially my Aperture Grill Presets (The ones that don’t say Slot Mask or Computer Monitor).

For me to properly answer that, I might need to see a screenshot. You can either press F8 or go to Quick Menu, Take Screenshot.

You might need to use IrfanView to downsize the image if it’s larger than 4MB to share or an image hosting site like imgur or imgbb.

I would also need to know what screen resolution you’re running and the exact filename of the preset in question.

Thanks and many happy returns!

1 Like

You put me on the spot quick there. Not sure if this is the best example. I feel like I might have come across something tht displayed smaller than this earlier. Not tryna waste your time, I went back and looked at your screenshots of SNES, and I think this picture I sent conveys what I was describing with the last post.

CyberLab__RGB-Smooth__1080p__PVM-Edition__ADV

Res: 1080 although I’ve noticed sometimes I can run the 4K pack and they look great.

I def want to play these games at the integer scale they’re meant to be played. I’m not looking for a 16:9 scale for my retro games.

In regards to the rest of your responses, 10-4.

1 Like

Can you double check and make sure that these settings are setup like this and that you saved your configuration?

Also, how does it look when you try one of my newer Console Specific Presets or my Composite Pure, Composite Sharp or Arcade Sharp presets (in the 1080p_Optimized folder of course)?

1 Like

Checked. All good.

I will check rn. Got a good suggestion for filter to pair with these?

1 Like

The suggestions are built right into the filenames. If you see “For Core Blargg” in the filenames then you should pair that preset with the Blargg S-Video, RGB preset (or Composite if you don’t mind the excessive artifacts) that’s built into the Core Options of the NES or Genesis Core you’re using.

If you see “For CyberLab Blargg”, then you can do the same but using my Custom Blargg NTSC Video Filter Presets that you installed in the Video Filters Folder.

The screen shouldn’t be so small though, I’ll have to double check and see if it’s something that I can reproduce. One thing that might help that is going into Shader Parameters and changing Integer Scale Mode to 1 if it’s on 2.

If it’s already on 1, you can try increasing the Integer Scale Offset.

Then you just Save and Save Core Preset.

If that doesn’t work you can try Integer Scale Mode 0.

One more thing. Be sure you’re using Mega Bezel V1.6.3_2022-11-23 if you’re using the latest version of my Shader Preset Pack.

This is my last list of recommendations. A bit outdated but still relevant to a certain extent.

Dreamcast - CyberLab Slot Mask, CyberLab Computer Monitor Smooth

1 Like

Hey guys. Wondering if someone could help.

Installed as per instructions but no matter which Bezel I try, the colors are way off (almost a green tint to everything). Is there a setting I have missed or have I done something wrong?

Screenshot attached of white background to show you how bad it is.

2 Likes

Which particular preset from which folder are you seeing this with? What resolution are you running?

It’s very possible that you might have missed the part where you have to toggle the Mask Layout in the shader parameters and choose the setting that looks best on your screen 0 or 1 then save a Core or Game Preset.

It’s also possible that you’re trying to use a preset that uses Mask 12 or Mask 6 size 1 with a display that either doesn’t support RGB 4:4:4 Colour Format or it isn’t enabled on your display or graphics driver properties.

Also, if you share your display make and model, that might help as well.

Below is my last list of recommendations, a bit outdated but still relevant to a certain extent.

Dreamcast - CyberLab Slot Mask, CyberLab Computer Monitor Smooth

I’m now really wondering what could be causing that green time because if it were any of the issues listed above, it shouldn’t show up in a GPU screenshot.

Are you using the latest RetroArch and is your HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader version matching my CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset version?

1 Like

Greetings again @MIKEBLK,

Seeing that you’re using my 1080p_Optimized presets and somewhere along the line there might have been somethings that might have went wrong and need addressing. Feel free to try CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack V1.5.0_17-11-22 along with HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader V1.5.0 or even CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack V1.4.2_09-10-22 along with HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader V1.4.2.

Be sure to delete or backup the old folders first. Don’t overwrite when switching versions like this.

V1.4.2 and I think V1.5.0 were the last ones I tested on a native 1080p display.

Don’t think that they are outdated and of any lower quality than the newer stuff.

You can try those and let me know if you’re having the same issues.

Many times I update just to keep things looking the same due to changes in the underlying Shader.

Due to requests, I had included many more presets in my 1080p Optimized Folder trying to bring them more in line with my 4K_Optimized folder which is what I primarily use.

1 Like

@Cyber

The issue seemed to be tht I was using BSNES_HD. When I switched to BSNES it seemed to have corrected the issue. I didn’t have a lot of time last night to play with it but I’ll mess with it later today and report back. For now, disregard my final post as a non issue.

1 Like

Thanks very much for testing and reporting back.

I would say it’s very relevant as it provides a heads up for other BSNES_HD users. Anything that messes with the aspect ratio or scale can interfere with HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader because it handles all of these things internally. If you want to give that control back to external sources, you can switch the Aspect Ratio Setting in Shader Parameters to Full.

So you can try that and see if your BSNES_HD works better. You can even set a discrete aspect ratio there or leave Mega Bezel Reflection Shader on Full and use the RetroArch Aspect Ratio and Scaling Settings as you might have done before setting up HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader.

1 Like

Hey Cyber,

While my post was being authorized, I managed to find the following, which is my exact issue:

So, as mentioned by Yogurtcito, the color is fine if I use any mask type apart from the default 6. And also, as experienced by him, changing mask layout from 1 to 0 produces a blue tint.

Output to my monitor is RGB 4:4:4

This happens with all the presets. I used Notepad++ to change default mask type to 5 to all the presets and tested. It is fine this way.

Regarding your question about version, I am on the latest Retroarch and all the packs were downloaded and installed just yesterday. So I am assuming they should all match up?

1 Like

This is interesting. What display do you have by the way? Did you try the 3 presets I recommended for Dreamcast games?

I would like to try to get to the bottom of this if you don’t mind continuing to pursue.

Mask 5 is a black and white mask unfortunately.

Does this happen on all cores? Is your display calibrated in any way? Are you using a custom or 3rd party colour profile in Windows?

Perhaps a clean graphics driver reinstall might be something you could try.

RetroArch can be updated to the latest version but HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader Versions should match the version of my preset pack being used.

This issue might be one that @guest.r or @HyperspaceMadness might want to follow up on. Any ideas?

1 Like

Am all in :slight_smile:

Have tried this on my monitor (HP 25mx) as well as my 4k LCD Television. Same green tint issue.

Sorry, but do you mind if I ask what that means? The B&W comment I mean. As mentioned earlier, I’ve even tried 7, up to 12 and all of them display color perfectly. It is weirdly just no. 6 that has the green tint.

I actually went ahead and downgraded by Mega Bezel Pack to 1.6.3 to match your pack. Deleted latest and copied this version across.

Same issue.

2 Likes

Yea, my bad, didn’t think of the ones that would stick with the HD core. I was more than happy to move everything over to BSNES and I gotta say not only did it fix the aspect ratio issues I was having but damn, everything just pops now. Night and day.

I’m gna make those adjustments you suggested on the HD core and get back to you in the event tht helps anyone down the line.

1 Like