My Realistic Arcade Bezels

ok, I’ll wait then :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

@Orionsangel -> thank you very much for your work ! one question, which version of HSM reflection shader are you using ? I downloaded your recent golden Axe Bezel with HyperspaceMadness’s Reflection Shader pack. Out of the box the overlay ist displayed at once but no bezel. I checked your Retroarch\config\Genesis Plus GX\Golden Axe.slangp … for example 2nd line in your config (i double checked all file paths ) : shader0 = “…/…/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/shaders/HyperspaceMadness/hsm-prep-initial.slang” , somehow this .slang its not available for me … i downloaded the most recent HSM reflection shaders… any idea ?

I’m glad you like my bezels. It’s the original version. I’m not as tech savvy as the other bezel makers here. I don’t know the inside and outside of how these shaders work. So I’m not going to pretend to know. I just make the bezels and add the shader the best I know how. Ask the other members here of the forum. They would be much more qualified than I am to answer your questions.

4 Likes

thanks for the reply, I will go and do some research. seems like the shader was updated to a point where your slang config is not valid anymore…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I am impressed with your work. That gives a new and pleasurable experience for those who love the retro games universe. I am sure that we will still see many other magnificent works here. Congrats, @Orionsangel

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!! Unfortunately, my Retroarch was unable to apply the “vr.slangp” preset.

I noticed that “vr.slangp” file mentions some “.slang” files that I don’t have, since those that are not in the last HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! package ( HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlJgyN_LYasyoIxcS8s6B2gH947dQg?e=1M2dzs ).

Missing files: /hsm-prep-initial.slang /hsm-grade/hsm-grade.slang /hsm-curvature-mapping.slang /hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-reflection-only.slang

I also noticed I don’t have the file “/textures/lut/other1.png” Although in the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! package it has the “/textures/lut/other1_32.png”

I guess I need a new “Baked_Frame_Carbonfiber_Background.png” file, considering the unique shape of the bezel (That’s not a square shape).

I’ll be very glad to use this combo HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! + Orionsangels Realistic Arcade Bezels + Sega Virtua Racing.

1 Like

This could explain why the newer shaders don’t work for me and why I continue to use the older version. I would have to manually reset and adjust every single bezel I use to use the newer HSM shader. I don’t have the time on my schedule.

Could you be so kind as to share your folder with the shaders, or say where I can download the old version?

1 Like

It’s not really that shape. The bezel’s frame is that shape. The bezel is laid over the HSM shader frame giving the illusion that it’s that shape.

2 Likes

I believe you can download the old version from @HyperspaceMadness GitHub.

1 Like

Here is an update to my Realistic Arcade Bezel for Shinobi for use with Retroarch and MAME

7 Likes

Here is a Realistic Arcade Bezel for Strider for use with Retroarch. It uses the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader.

6 Likes

Here is a Realistic Bezel for The Punisher Arcade game for use with Retroarch. uses the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader. The Instruction Card is by @ArsInvictus

6 Likes

Here is a realistic Arcade bezel for 1943 on Retroarch with the current MAME core.

3 Likes

Here are my bezels in one large pack. https://bit.ly/2TWXkZQ

It’s over 5gb to download. This includes most of everything that I made except for the arcade bezels made using @Hyperspacemadness’s shader reflections. I hope to release those in their own pack sometime soon.

8 Likes

Here I made some XMen: The Arcade Game Realistic Arcade Bezels for Retroarch. Thanks to @HyperspaceMadness for the use of his Reflective Shader.

7 Likes

Happy 40th Anniversary to Donkey Kong! Donkey Kong was released on July 9th 1981. The first platformer. The first game to introduce Mario. One of the pioneers of gaming. @HyperspaceMadness

4 Likes

It’s pretty, but can you provide a tutorial on how to use it? There is also the version number of the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection shader, which can be used normally. Can you please let me know? Thank you.

@kongmao45678 The only one I have is this one from last year. I need to update it.

3 Likes