This thread is about Mega Bezel Commodore Pack, a special graphic addon focusing on famous Commodore hardware with original backdrops and ready-to-go presets based on @HyperspaceMadness Mega Bezel Reflection Shader.
Mega Bezel Commodore Pack Release Candidate 1 is out!
Download it while it’s still hot on the Official DevBlog
- RetroArch v1.9.1 or later with simple presets enabled
- HSM_Bezel_Reflection_V0.9.21_2021-07-05 or later
- Original vector-based design, 1080p and 4K, horizontal 16:9
- Photorealistic-like shading and real-time reflections
- Zero-config presets for performance/fx balance: extreme, advanced, standard, basic and potato
- Modular displays, based on multi-layers, pre-baked overlays and procedural bezels
- Comfortable Day&Night experience with adjustable lightning
- Historically based details taken from actual hardware, advertising and manuals
- Remixed familiar elements with perceptive dis-proportion and retro-modding twists
I plan to release packs for Commodore VIC20/VC20, Commodore64 and Amiga systems:
- Amiga: A500, A500 Plus, A600, A600 HD, A1200, Amiga CD32, A1200 Synthwave (out now)
- Commodore64: Silver Label, Breadbin, Drean, ALDI, G Series (coming soon)
- VIC20, VC20: Golden Label, MarkII, Mark3, VIC-1001 (coming soon)
You can choose your preferred display from an array of fully modelled classic monitors including:
- Commodore: C1702, C1084, C1084S-D1, C1084S-D2 CDTV Black Edition (out now)
- Mega Bezels: procedural dark and light variants (out now)
Display framing is a fine-tuned sweet spot between gameplay area and eye candy : you can further customize displays scaling and position using EXTREME and ADVANCED presets.
To maximize the gameplay area you can choose procedural Mega Bezels, real-time generated bezel&frame from HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader, available in dark and light theme complete with customized per-model decals.
Day and Night lightning
Each preset comes with lightning variants out-of-the-box for you to choose from: Day lightning makes you enjoy a lit scenario showing all accurately rebuilt graphics details, while Night lightning is easier on your eyes as it simulates a soft, warm lit room full with led .
My graphics include data devices from the past with some “twists”: I decided to embed the infamous Datassette with bulb lightning, Floppy drives and disk emulators in models chassis . This includes: Datassette models 1530 C2N, 1530-B C2N, DC120; Floppy/Disk drive A1010; Gotek-like adf/hdf emulator.
THANKS GO TO…
- My father Rocco, for introducing me in Commodore computers gaming at the age of four
- My girlfriend Sabrina for supporting me in doing something funny, just for fun sake
- HyperSpaceMadness for his impressive shader and friendly support
- Duimon for the inspiration and for setting excellent design quality standards