CRT-Guest-Advanced, HD and NTSC for ReShade!

So, I have to use DX9 even though I use Vulkan?

I need help configuring like RGB or S-video settings for like the Duckstation, PCSX2 and Dolphin. I’m looking for the nostalgia but cleaner shader for these emulators and not interested in HD upscaling. I prefer the authentic look to these. Thank you.

Hello, can anyone help on getting the perfect settings from Composite to RGB for standalone PCSX2 and Dolphin?

Any chance in an update to the newest version of crt-guest-advanced from 2023-11-24-r1

1 Like

Would you also consider porting shaders such as Gdapt and MiSTer’s Genesis composite blending shaders to Reshade?

What’s available on MiSTer is not as advanced as what’s currently available for ReShade or RetroArch so there’s no need to port from MiSTer to ReShade or RetroArch.

Also, here’s a decent alternative to using ReShade in Windows for using RetroArch shaders with non-RetroArch stuff:

If that’s the case, I suppose Gdapt or sgenpt will do. I’m aware of ShaderGlass and WindowCast but they’re not really compatible with my system.

Is there a correct configuration to get these to work well with modern indie games using pixel art? I’ve tried many configurations but whenever the screen moves vertically in certain games such as Stardew Valley and Risk of Rain Returns the effects seem to blur out or become extremely jittery on my 4k monitor

Updated the shaders to the latest (crt-guest-advanced-2023-12-02-release1) version!

CRT-Guest-ReShade

CRT-Guest-DX9

ReShade-Shaders (Random shaders. Also includes an updated NTSC-Adaptive shader.)

Changes & Fixes -

1. Unified the separate sets of Resolution settings into one (so just Resolution_X and Resolution_Y now), as ReShade now allows per shader Preprocessor Definitions.

2. Fixed the broken Integer Scaling and Overscan settings.

3. Fixed Sharpness settings causing artifacts/glitches in CRT-Guest-HD & CRT-Guest-NTSC.

Some shots -

6 Likes

Would you use this for things that don’t have a RA core and work with Megabezel? What would be the main use for this? Thanks.

This can be used if you want to use CRT Shaders outside of RetroArch.

2 Likes

Awesome. I have it set up and figured out where to put the Guest shaders (it’s in the game folder>reshade-shaders after you configure Reshade for that game, for anyone else wondering). I want to use it with Hypseus, but don’t know what API to use. Also, do I point it to the hypseus.exe (as opposed to one of the .bat files)? Thanks for the help.

edit Answering some of my own questions here in case it helps someone else at some point. Looks like Hypseus needs the DX9 shader. Doesn’t seem to like the NTSC version. Yes, point the Reshade to hypseus.exe. Haven’t been able to get the scanlines looking normal yet, but still working on it. I have the 4k version of Dragon’s Lair for hypseus, but I get an “unable to compile” error in the Guest settings if I enter a resolution of 2160.

1 Like

For DX9 games make sure you are using shaders from this CRT-Guest-DX9 link. I have only PPSSPP to test DX9 and everything works perfectly there.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I double checked to make sure it was the DX9 package, and it was. I can get Dead Cells Steam version set up and looking good (with the DX11-12 package I believe), but using the DX9 package with hypseus for Dragon’s Lair HD I can’t enter the y resolution without the “unable to compile” error, and it refuses to compile the NTSC.fx, so I just removed it. With the regular CRT royale in hypseus it looks mostly normal, but with the Guest shaders it looks jaggy and low res.

Hello, could you please explain exactly how to install them? Also should I set the resolution of my display, or the game’s resolution?

1 Like

Just use the ReShade installer to set it all up then put the Shaders and Textures folder in the game’s/emulator’s folder where the game’s/emulator’s exe is located.

And you need to set the res to the game’s resolution not your monitor’s.

2 Likes

I think I found the issue just need some more testing.

1 Like

Thanks for working on that. Another quick question… is TATE mode supposed to be unavailable on the HD version?

Yes. It’s not available in the HD version.

Please test these!

CRT-Guest-Advanced

CRT-Guest-HD

CRT-Guest-NTSC

2 Likes