Crt monitor, what can I expect?

Thank you. The current owner says it does 60hz without problem. But now I have issues with the connection. I have bought an hdmi to scart adapter but it seems it only does it in composite. I need it to do hdmi to rgb scart. It doesnt seem to exist one that does that. I dont know how this will turn out… but I can return the current adapters I have bought, dont know how I am gonna do then.

You can probably use one of the cheap Raspberry Pi HDMI-to-VGA adapters into a VGA-to-SCART adapter.

I use the UMSA from Arcadeforge with an additional HDMI-VGA adapter, that works fine. Maybe something like HD15-2 Scart here can also work.

Thanx everyone. I cant get 240 to work with the current adapter I have. 15khz wont work no matter what I try. 640 is the lowest I can go, dont know if it is progressiv or interlaced but it doesnt look good at all.

I have a diamondtron vga crt to wich I feed from a dvi-d to vga adapter. So I have a vga out already. I have now ordered the UMSA you recomended and I hope it will arrive soon :slight_smile: I also hoooope this will work. My eyes still burns after that composite adapter I tried.

I got the UMSA today. After 9 hours of work, some beers and relaxing I finally got home to test it. It wasnt easy but i got it working. Good night and thanx for the help.

7 Likes

I didn’t realize Cloud’s hair has been giving me the middle finger all these years.

3 Likes

Its towards the modern gaming industrie.

What do we do when all crts are dead?

1 Like

Cry, that’s basically all I can think of.

End of the line for me. I have already abandoned modern gaming. Been a gamer since 89, its not the same anymore. Now I gotta concentrate on fort condor, they need me.

1 Like

Only modern is Indie imho :joy:

Hopefully before the month is out I’ll have a mister on the way. (July I mean…)

Modern indie seems very modern to me. What is this mister you are talking about?

Depends on how we are defining modern games I guess. (Besides the obvious it’s current lol)

As for modern gaming (I love old and new) “Returnal” for the PS5 is a new flavor of Metroid that is wonderful. From what I’m told about CRT’s if they can last until we get 8k 1000hz then we will be ok.

1 Like

Kinda upset atm, there’s a 38" working Trinitron 2 or so hours away from me, that the people are just giving away and I currently have no way to get out there -_-

38" crt? You would need a forklift for it anyway.

I have heard people say that even 4k oled is supposed to look as good as a crt with shaders. I have not seen it myself, but if that is the case then thats good.

There seem to be some connection play with my scart cable. If I touch it slightly either where it goes into the UMSA or the tv, it can lose one of the rgb signals resulting in tinted picture. Is this normal with scart cables? Should I try to buy another one?

1 Like

Ooooof. That thing probably weighs 300 pounds.

1 Like