Crt-Royale Kurozumi Edition Help

Oh yeah, sho nuff:

I’ve never noticed anything like that on my PVMs but maybe I just never got close enough :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=hunterk;40620]Oh yeah, sho nuff:

I’ve never noticed anything like that on my PVMs but maybe I just never got close enough :)[/QUOTE]

Is that a macro shot of a real BVM? If yes, we need a negative offset for red horizontal, too :smiley:

Yeah, it’s from this thread:

Hello, first post and these are awesome looking results!!!

I followed the steps but am not sure if I did everything correctly…I see some nice scanlines etc but it doesnt look like it was nearly as clear as some of the pictures provided in this thread.

Is there any chance someone can post the edited Crt-Royale Kurozumi shader file? THANK you to anyone that can assist me!

Open RetroArch, go to the online updater, update Cg shaders. Load a game, go to the shader menu, load shader preset, navigate to cgp > crt-royale-kurozumi. I haven’t updated it to the one he just posted yesterday yet but it didn’t change drastically. If it still doesn’t look like you expect, take a screenshot, upload to imgur or whatever and post it here so we can tell you what’s going wrong.

Awesome and thank you for the response hunterk!

I tried what you posted and it certainly looks clean and with scanlines…One thing I noticed though is when I followed the first post prior to asking for help, it appears that with the tweaks it looked a bit different. I will edit this message in a couple minutes to take some screenshots / get your opinion if everything looks ok. Also, are the tweaks needed / better to add that were explained in the first post? Thanks again for the help!

You can tweak that stuff if you want. I just leave everything at the defaults and it looks good to me.

hunterk, I hear what you are saying and it certainly looks great without any tweaks. I did want to see what the tweaks added compared to the stock filter…I think both look excellent tbh! Thank you for the help and I do appreciate the quick response. I did not know the shader was offered through Retroarch itself but saw several mentions of it claiming it was an excellent choice… This is with the tweaks in the first post added. With the tweaks posted it appears to me that there is some green/pink added in the lines…but I could be wrong. Either way thank you for helping me figure out how to enable it!

[QUOTE=hunterk;40636]Yeah, it’s from this thread:

Wow, thanks for posting the macro shot. I tried to get the X-axis offset for red into the settings, and weirdly other things got better, too. With my bvm settings some colors always looked weird/wrong in a way that never happened on BVMs, but i guess i was able to dial them out completely! Gotta test it with different monitors and TVs, but i tried to get rid of the weird colors since ages, so thanks hunterk, i couldn’t be happier right now :)!

@Kurozumi sweet :smiley: I look forward to seeing the new results. Glad I could help

@RainMK Hmm, yours looks blurrier than mine for some reason, and you have some color stuff going on with the gray background on the metroid shot… However, if you’re happy with it, go with it!

@Kurozumi Please post the updated settings when/if you are done… if you are working on improving this. Thanks!

I tried the last settings you posted but can’t really tell any difference. Might just be my 1080p monitor.

He’s on vacation, but I updated the one in the repo with his latest settings as of 6/13

May I please ask what cpu/gpu combo all of you users of this awesome shader have? I am planning a emulator pc build and want to make sure it’s running as smooth as possible without using TOO much of an overkill kombo price wise. . Would be greatful for any inputs! (Or please post in the thread I made just now in this same forumsection).

hunterk, I updated the cores and think I sorted my issue. The picture seems extremely nice now. Thank you for looking over my pic earlier and your opinion/help!

Ah, nice. Looks much better now! :slight_smile:

I have a Sony PVM next to me hooked up with RGB and this ^ shader looks absolutely great when comparing the two ( =

Thanks again!

[QUOTE=RainMK;41590]I have a Sony PVM next to me hooked up with RGB and this ^ shader looks absolutely great when comparing the two ( =

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Would love a side by side comparison shot :wink:

It is kind of hard to do the PVM justice I am thinking since I cant take a direct snapshot like I can it RA…I have a 14 inch PVM and I can place a 21 inch iMac running the shader next to it for comparison I suppose.

I can say this from staring at Super Punch in RA vs my cart hooked up through SCART…the shader is extremely impressive!

The PVM appears to have a bit more vibrant colors to me…just slightly. I can tell looking at the blue ring…it is a bit deeper blue and less pale on the PVM. Also I think the slight curve might help a bit as well and (hard to explain) a small bit of glass sheen, depth look. Anyways, I will see if it works out to compare them next to each other. ( =

[QUOTE=RainMK;41611] […] The PVM appears to have a bit more vibrant colors to me…just slightly. I can tell looking at the blue ring…it is a bit deeper blue and less pale on the PVM. Also I think the slight curve might help a bit as well and (hard to explain) a small bit of glass sheen, depth look. Anyways, I will see if it works out to compare them next to each other. ( =[/QUOTE]

The pale colors you see, isn’t the shader, it’s the “screwed way” lcds are working. Don’t forget the pixels aren’t glowing themselves, it’s more like putting a flashlight behind a piece of paper, to illuminate it. Besides that most LCD specs look good on paper, but in reality it’s not that pretty, especially for the colors. Most of them say, they’ve got more than 100% sRGB color gamut, but if you factor the right luminance values of the colors into the equation of the gamut, then i guess you have a good monitor, if it reaches >95% saturation for each color. That’s why the PVM will look more deep/rich, most lcds simply can’t display it all :wink: .

Edit: But yeah, a side by side shot would be fun i guess :slight_smile:

^ Kurozumi I assumed it was left to the LCD technology for the moment…

When I am back in the evening and it is darker outside I’ll capture a couple pictures off a Galaxy Edge phone to see what RA looks like next to the PVM…again this is a PVM not a BVM. I was given the monitor off CL about a year ago and it looked to be in fantastic condition so I happily brought it home ( =

I can try my best guys…not sure exactly how I will do it but I will figure something out! :slight_smile: