CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Hi, if you’re speaking about 2560 x 1440p resolution, there’s isn’t an option for that resolution in the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor Shader so you can probably visit the thread and ask the author to include it.

Other than that, you can play around with the “Display’s Resolution” and “Resolution” settings until you find a combination that looks good on your display.

My CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack already includes presets which are optimized for multiple resolutions.

If you read the readme file in my CyberLab CRT-Royale Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack you should see how to go about adapting the presets to different resolutions, including 1080p and 1440p.

Thank you for replying! It’s the best shader I’ve tried so far, that’s why I’m so interested. The best solution I’ve found is to keep the 4K resolution + the 600TVL resolution. I will ask in the Megatron thread to see if it can be included ^^

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/LDASZXjhjY

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/Db3w1eeenn

1 Like

I love what you’re doing with these shader presets; I’m using a VGA CRT and using yours as a starting point it’s been working great for making it softer and more like a consumer set! Do you know anything about the Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_3D_Comb_Filter_CyberLab_Special_Edition_III.filt filter though? I have a JVC crt with a 3 line comb filter and I love that look, I just wanna know more about what I’m using. Does it still get the color blending effects of the other composite filters for example? I can’t find documentation on it anywhere.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you’re enjoying my contributions to the emulation community.

Well I did make the preset…lol so I guess I might know at least a little bit.

Those names are more for novelty than based on any real technical qualities. You could say that they help to differentiate between the different flavors of presets in a relative sense only.

These presets are mainly WYSIWYG with the descriptive filenames serving the purpose of indicating what they might do.

Most of my filter presets up to S-Video perform colour and dither blending to some extent, I just can’t remember how much my 3D Comb Filter Presets does it compared to its S-Video counterpart.

One way you can test it is to load up Gate of Thunder and look at the gradient behind Esty in the intro.

It might be that the S-Video one has more NTSC artifacts, while the 3-D Comb Filter does similar blending without as much of the diagonal artifacts.

There should be some screenshots around the thread which show what most of the presets can do.

My first set of filter presets contain documentation within the presets themselves and also in the first post of this thread.

You might also find some information in the readme.

Hey thanks for this one @FinalBoss!

2 Likes

Cyber, does the CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack only works on 4K screens? Could it be used on 1080p lcd or projector? The hdr could be a problem on those?

1 Like

No, it supports 1080p, 8K and also 1440p screens as well. It’s just optimized for my particular taste in TVL on 4K displays.

Yes, you can adjust the “Display’s Resolution” setting in Shader Parameters to 1080p if you have to.

You can also adjust the TVL to whichever value you like best.

You should definitely adjust the "Display’s Subpixel Layout to what looks and works best on your particular output device. My Presets have it set to RWBG (OLED) because that matches the Subpixel Layout of the display that I use, which is an LG OLED TV.

Other displays might be better off using either the RGB (0) or BGR (2) setting.

You can toggle the SDR/HDR setting in the Shader Parameters to SDR for a non-HDR screen/display device.

Brightness (aka how many lumens it can output) is the only limiting factor where this is concerned.

Do note that for SDR displays, you can further optimize things by choosing the Colour Space setting which matches what your display is capable of outputting.

After you do all of these tweaks you might find things look too dark or too washed out. If so, you can fine tune the Gamma setting and lastly the Saturation setting.

Do note that Peak Luminance and Paper White Luminance have no effect in SDR mode.

Instead, you have to turn up the brightness on the display device until things look good.

Also feel free to try out the included Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor SDR presets in the Shaders/Shaders_Slang/HDR folder.

I’m looking forward to seeing your results!

1 Like

soon i’ll experience megatron in first hand with my own 4k tv

1 Like

Very good! If you get an LG OLED, you’ll be able to experience it just like me or even better!

If you get an LCD/LED TV that is very bright in HDR Mode with a quick response time and RGB pixel layout, you should have an awesome experience as well.

Possibly even better with Mini-LED levels of dimming zones and a proper dimming algorithm!

Send pics when you have everything up and running!

Mine is this one, soon i’ll take some screenshots of how it’s gonna look the preset TCL a527

1 Like

Just be sure it’s bright enough in HDR Game Mode. Ideally you want something that can do at least 630 nits to match what my OLED TV can do. Anything less than 500 nits is probably a waste of time and $$.

So do proper research and due diligence before spending your hard earned $$.

Send me a link to a review or the specifications if you can.

i’m trying to found luminance information about the tv somewhere but i cannot found nothing anywhere about the nits

1 Like

Man im going to try it this weekend, thanks a lot for your detailed answers

1 Like

Do yourself a huge favour. Don’t buy any “cat in bag” TV.

Take your time. Do proper research. Get the best TV that you can afford that can do what you would like it to be able to do.

You can’t just throw any TV at these shaders then expect to have an enjoyable experience.

Certain boxes need to be checked.

Try to buy something that at least has been reviewed by RTINGS.

indeed, but idk this thing costs around 500 usd this day so i gotta figured out somehow, also your preset may look kinda dark over at my display, let me just conduct a full research over this, also they look kinda pink over it

Nah, don’t fall for that and give in to that temptation. Think of the next best thing you could do with that US$500.

It might even be better to go with something smaller for a similar price if you can get something with better quality and specifications.

1 Like

ok i have some great news, the pink tint was my driver all along, i had just updated to the most recent one, i was using nimez previously and to my guessing hdr might be bugged over there, even the preset looks even brighter than before

According to RTINGS, my TV can do about 630nits. That should be easy for a good quality IPS, QDLED, VA or Mini-LED TV.

So I would try to get a display that can do at least that or if not very close to that.

Since you’ll be buying a new TV, if you’re not going for OLED, you might as well try to get something with an RGB Subpixel Layout.

Another thing you might look for would be VRR/GSYNC/FREESYNC and at least 120Hz refresh rate with BFI.

My TV doesn’t even have most all of things and I have a pretty decent experience but you might as well get the most you can when you can.

You can also try to determine the optimal screen size for your room and viewing distance.

There are resources available on the internet to help you to determine all of these things.

Also, make sure your display can do RGB 4:4:4 Full at 4K at your maximum refresh rate.

i think it looks even brighter in person

some of them are with 1000 nits and some of them are with your defaults (and sorry this were done too with ycbcr) bro idk if it is retroarch, or the driver or the tv, but i do actually think this looks better over at ycbcr instead of rgb, rgb looks bad and with pink hue it’s soo weird
1 Like