CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

I am having curious artifacting when using a derivative of your slot mask shader that I adapted and tweaked to use in conjunction with TheNamec’s bezels:

https://mega.nz/file/LQd0DZDT#3xhoMl6yC9QmNT9S01bTE_1puu2tPZAH--MPY2JM3n0

Zip link: https://mega.nz/file/aIdyyaJB#yFE1CFe7URno2pJrxwQ6QpBfVLZH9-fzZoD3_jeKfA0

(I had to upload there because imgur applies compression and messes the screenshot up)

The issue is artifacts radiate from the left side of the screen, always, in a left to right fashion, where the right side of the screen looks proper, but the left does not.

This only occurs when I select mask option 10, for slot mask approximation as you do in your preset. I’m not sure what is causing this or how to fix, as the staggered slot mask pattern is most desirable for what I am trying to simulate. I am running a 1440p display, which while not ideal, is what I have.

1 Like

You can use Imgbb or shrink a .jpg to 4096KB using IrfanView.

I’m not seeing any artifact, especially an artifact that’s limited to one side of the screen in your GPU screenshot…

You might have to send a high quality photo or video of the actual screen for me to see what you’re experiencing.

Do you see the same issue if you load this preset as is without any modifications or incorporation with TheNameC’s background? Also, which preset is it? Also, which preset of TheNameC are you trying to combine it with?

Staggered, so you’re using the Mask Stagger feature? What version of Mega Bezel Reflection Shader are you using? If you’re using my presets and possibly TheNameC’s as well, you might have to use Mega Bezel version 1.14.0 in order to have things look as intended.

If you updated your slang shaders using the Online Updater it may have been overwritten by a newer version.

In addition to that, you might want to try Mask 6, Size 1 due the fact that your effective resolution is lower than 1440p because of the reduced size of the viewport. Therefore 1080p Optimized Presets might be more suitable. Do pay attention to the Mask Layout, making sure it matches that of your display.

I don’t know what method you’re using to combine Mega Bezel projects but the en vogue method is to use “*.params” version of the Overlay presets which are referenced by a second reference line in my presets.

Take a look at the presets in the MBZ__3__STANDARD_CyberLab Special Edition Folder for an example as its basically a template for this method. The only difference is that it uses a 'Background" line instead of a second reference line. Just replace that with the second reference and path of the background preset you wish to combine and voila.

If you don’t know what I mean by “*.params” versions, it’s basically the same overlay presets with the reference lines removed or commented out.

You can simply make a duplicate/backup of the original overlay/background folder then remove or comment out the reference lines of the presets in that folder.

Duimon’s Mega Bezel Pack includes a perfect example of what I’m talking about as he already included a folder with *.params versions of all of his presets.

1 Like

Turns out my own monitor was causing the artifacting! I’m glad you reviewed the screenshot and noticed nothing, as that gave me an idea.

I have a Samsung G9 5120x1440 display, which does some processing of its own with regards to sharpness. I had sharpness set to “80” on the monitor, and when I reduced to 64 or lower, the artifacting vanished.

I suppose I should have bothered zooming in on the original image, because that is where I noticed the artifacting only appeared when it was 1:1 with display resolution, but when zoomed in further, the artifacts vanished.

Nuts, but thank you for the insight. :slight_smile:

I am using the .params method, FYI, to inject his overlay into the shader chain.

Interestingly when I turn down the sharpness, mask 10 works pretty well. I bounce around between 1.11 and 1.16. Still ironing out some stuff between the two. The challenging part of CRT emulation is we try and get “close enough” with displays lower than 4k, because that’s the best we can do since we don’t have all the resolution required to match the intricacies of a pure, true CRT tube. I’ll mess around with mask 6 some, too.

I’m trying to get a 1:1 “14” inch display on this monitor, so it looks the same, sizewise as the original CRT monitor.

1 Like

@Cyber,

Could you recommend me some packs and presets similar to Royale and Hyllian. I like Royale, because to my taste it seems to have just the right amount of Glow. Too much Glow, I don’t think it’s cool.

Which of your packs and presets do you recommend to run generically from 8bits to 32bits? I don’t want to go through the trouble, at least for now :upside_down_face:, of choosing the ideal shaders for a given platform. My monitor has a 2560x1440 resolution and I don’t know if it influences your recommendation.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Did you read the 1st post of this thread? I have a few packs and presets that you can start with. My Megabezel Presets have a 1440p Optimized Folder, while its easy to adjust the Mask - Triad Size Desired parameter in my CRT-Royale Preset pack to achieve something that looks good at 1440p.

It might be a little trickier to do this with my Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor Presets but it’s not impossible.

Besides that there are a variety of more than decent offerings from other shader preset pack creators that you might like.

Take a look here:

1 Like

@Dennis1

These are some very quick and dirty CRT-Guest Advanced-NTSC presets that you can start with. Paths may be non-standard. A lot has changed since I’ve last used standalone CRT-Guest-Advanced. Many of the changes make it easier for users to achieve looks which a few regulars used to toil to achieve which is a step in the right direction.

Consider this a starting point or example that you can develop from.

Pay attention to this important detail though:

CyberLab Sony Megatron NX Near Field PSX Preset

#reference ":/shaders/CyberLab Megatron NX 4K HDR Game PSX Composite Slot Mask Ultra.slangp"
hcrt_paper_white_nits = "430.000000"
hcrt_gamma_in = "1.700000"
hcrt_red_scanline_min = "0.940000"
hcrt_red_scanline_max = "1.080000"
hcrt_green_scanline_min = "0.940000"
hcrt_green_scanline_max = "1.080000"
hcrt_blue_scanline_min = "0.940000"
hcrt_blue_scanline_max = "1.080000"

CyberLab CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC Magic Glow Base Mask Full Mask Strength Slot Mask.slangp

#reference "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/crt-guest-advanced-ntsc.slangp"
ntsc_cscale = "4.000000"
ntsc_cscale1 = "2.250000"
m_glow = "2.000000"
gsl = "2.000000"
shadowMask = "12.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"
slotmask = "1.000000"
slotmask1 = "1.000000"
double_slot = "3.000000"
bmask = "0.100000"

CyberLab CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC Magic Glow Base Mask Full Mask Strength Slot Mask Full Preset.slangp

shaders = "18"
shader0 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/stock.slang"
filter_linear0 = "false"
wrap_mode0 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input0 = "false"
alias0 = ""
float_framebuffer0 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer0 = "false"
scale_type_x0 = "source"
scale_x0 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y0 = "source"
scale_y0 = "1.000000"
shader1 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/stock.slang"
filter_linear1 = "false"
wrap_mode1 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input1 = "false"
alias1 = "StockPass"
float_framebuffer1 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer1 = "false"
scale_type_x1 = "source"
scale_x1 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y1 = "source"
scale_y1 = "1.000000"
shader2 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/afterglow0.slang"
filter_linear2 = "true"
wrap_mode2 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input2 = "false"
alias2 = "AfterglowPass"
float_framebuffer2 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer2 = "false"
scale_type_x2 = "source"
scale_x2 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y2 = "source"
scale_y2 = "1.000000"
shader3 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/pre-shaders-afterglow.slang"
filter_linear3 = "true"
wrap_mode3 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input3 = "false"
alias3 = "PrePass0"
float_framebuffer3 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer3 = "false"
scale_type_x3 = "source"
scale_x3 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y3 = "source"
scale_y3 = "1.000000"
shader4 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/ntsc/ntsc-pass1.slang"
filter_linear4 = "false"
wrap_mode4 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input4 = "false"
alias4 = "NPass1"
float_framebuffer4 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer4 = "false"
scale_type_x4 = "source"
scale_x4 = "4.000000"
scale_type_y4 = "source"
scale_y4 = "1.000000"
shader5 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/ntsc/ntsc-pass2.slang"
filter_linear5 = "true"
wrap_mode5 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input5 = "false"
alias5 = ""
float_framebuffer5 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer5 = "false"
scale_type_x5 = "source"
scale_x5 = "0.500000"
scale_type_y5 = "source"
scale_y5 = "1.000000"
shader6 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/ntsc/ntsc-pass3.slang"
filter_linear6 = "true"
wrap_mode6 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input6 = "false"
alias6 = ""
float_framebuffer6 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer6 = "false"
scale_type_x6 = "source"
scale_x6 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y6 = "source"
scale_y6 = "1.000000"
shader7 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/custom-fast-sharpen.slang"
filter_linear7 = "true"
wrap_mode7 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input7 = "false"
alias7 = "NtscPass"
float_framebuffer7 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer7 = "false"
scale_type_x7 = "source"
scale_x7 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y7 = "source"
scale_y7 = "1.000000"
shader8 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/stock.slang"
filter_linear8 = "true"
wrap_mode8 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input8 = "true"
alias8 = "PrePass"
float_framebuffer8 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer8 = "false"
scale_type_x8 = "source"
scale_x8 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y8 = "source"
scale_y8 = "1.000000"
shader9 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/avg-lum-ntsc.slang"
filter_linear9 = "true"
wrap_mode9 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input9 = "true"
alias9 = "AvgLumPass"
float_framebuffer9 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer9 = "false"
scale_type_x9 = "source"
scale_x9 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y9 = "source"
scale_y9 = "1.000000"
shader10 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/linearize-ntsc.slang"
filter_linear10 = "true"
wrap_mode10 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input10 = "false"
alias10 = "LinearizePass"
float_framebuffer10 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer10 = "false"
scale_type_x10 = "source"
scale_x10 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y10 = "source"
scale_y10 = "1.000000"
shader11 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/crt-guest-advanced-ntsc-pass1.slang"
filter_linear11 = "true"
wrap_mode11 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input11 = "false"
alias11 = "Pass1"
float_framebuffer11 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer11 = "false"
scale_type_x11 = "viewport"
scale_x11 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y11 = "source"
scale_y11 = "1.000000"
shader12 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/gaussian_horizontal.slang"
filter_linear12 = "true"
wrap_mode12 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input12 = "false"
alias12 = ""
float_framebuffer12 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer12 = "false"
scale_type_x12 = "absolute"
scale_x12 = "800"
scale_type_y12 = "source"
scale_y12 = "1.000000"
shader13 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/gaussian_vertical.slang"
filter_linear13 = "true"
wrap_mode13 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input13 = "false"
alias13 = "GlowPass"
float_framebuffer13 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer13 = "false"
scale_type_x13 = "absolute"
scale_x13 = "800"
scale_type_y13 = "absolute"
scale_y13 = "600"
shader14 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/bloom_horizontal.slang"
filter_linear14 = "true"
wrap_mode14 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input14 = "false"
alias14 = ""
float_framebuffer14 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer14 = "false"
scale_type_x14 = "absolute"
scale_x14 = "800"
scale_type_y14 = "absolute"
scale_y14 = "600"
shader15 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/bloom_vertical.slang"
filter_linear15 = "true"
wrap_mode15 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input15 = "false"
alias15 = "BloomPass"
float_framebuffer15 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer15 = "false"
scale_type_x15 = "absolute"
scale_x15 = "800"
scale_type_y15 = "absolute"
scale_y15 = "600"
shader16 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/crt-guest-advanced-ntsc-pass2.slang"
filter_linear16 = "true"
wrap_mode16 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input16 = "false"
alias16 = ""
float_framebuffer16 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer16 = "false"
scale_type_x16 = "viewport"
scale_x16 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y16 = "viewport"
scale_y16 = "1.000000"
shader17 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/deconvergence-ntsc.slang"
filter_linear17 = "true"
wrap_mode17 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input17 = "false"
alias17 = ""
float_framebuffer17 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer17 = "false"
scale_type_x17 = "viewport"
scale_x17 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y17 = "viewport"
scale_y17 = "1.000000"
ntsc_cscale = "4.000000"
ntsc_cscale1 = "2.250000"
m_glow = "2.000000"
gsl = "2.000000"
shadowMask = "12.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"
slotmask = "1.000000"
slotmask1 = "1.000000"
double_slot = "3.000000"
bmask = "0.100000"
textures = "SamplerLUT1;SamplerLUT2;SamplerLUT3;SamplerLUT4"
SamplerLUT1 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/trinitron-lut.png"
SamplerLUT1_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT1_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT1_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT2 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/inv-trinitron-lut.png"
SamplerLUT2_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT2_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT2_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT3 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/nec-lut.png"
SamplerLUT3_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT3_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT3_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT4 = "shaders_slang/crt-guest-advanced-2024-02-29-release1/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/ntsc-lut.png"
SamplerLUT4_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT4_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT4_mipmap = "false"

CyberLab CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC Magic Glow Base Mask Full Mask Strength Aperture Grille.slangp

#reference "CyberLab CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC Magic Glow Base Mask Full Mask Strength Slot Mask.slangp"
slotmask = "0.000000"
slotmask1 = "0.000000"
deconrry = "-0.500000"
deconrgy = "0.250000"

This is how a slot mask with Mask 10 (RGBX), Height 4, Width - Auto (or 4) would look.

This is how a slot mask with Mask 10 (RGBX), Height 3, Width - Auto (or 4) would look.

This is how a slot mask with Mask 10 (RGBX), Height 2, Width - Auto (or 4) would look.

This is how a slot mask with Mask 6 (RGB), Height 3, Width - Auto (or 3) would look.

This is how a slot mask with Mask 6 (RGB), Height 2, Width - Auto (or 3) would look.

3 Likes

Thank you for your effort. I will try them out. Seems overwhelming at the moment, but I try my best :slightly_smiling_face:

I just remember, that there was a talk in the Megatron shader thread about subpixels and that Megatron is built on that. I just looked at your pictures from the Castlevania SOTN tiltle screen and zoomed in with my phone and compared them to Megatron.

What I noticed is, that guest’s masks uses 2 pixels for each RGB line and if I zoom in with Megatron I also see 2 pixels wide lines for each. But the difference is, that the pixels of Megatron are much smaller.

Guest’s mask:

Megatron’s mask:

On the pictures they look similar and you can see, that both use 2 pixel wide rows - but the pixels from Megatron are much smaller. Sounds weird, but if I get very close to the screen with my eyes, I can clearly see the size difference between the pixels.

If I go away from the screen 10 cm or 20 cm, my eyes can clearly see R,G and B seperated with guest’s shader, but with Megatron it looks white and RGB blends together, due to subpixels being much smaller than “normal pixels”. Has anyone else noticed this?

Here is the title screen again, but with Megatron:

And here from guest:

If you look closely to the white letters, you can see how much bigger R,G and B looks with guest. But both use 2 pixel wide rows as you can see clearly at my phone pictures.

Closeup Megatron:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 103939

Closeup Guest:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 103922

In the Closeups it is obvious, that guest’s mask is much coarser due to the bigger pixels and Megatron’s smaller subpixels.

Take a look again using the last example which uses Mask 6, Height 2, Width Auto (or 3).

This is a crop from my screenshot but a zoomed in photo of your actual screen would make for a better comparison.

.…and here we have the same slot mask structure (RGBX) from your Megatron example using Guest with Mask 10, Height 3, Width - Auto (or 4).

The main difference in the examples is the scanline behaviour over the bright areas but I’m sure that that can be adjusted as well.

You’re welcome.

What is overwhelming? Feel free to ask questions. I provided some presets which you can load in RetroArch for further testing and adjustment or you can take the values and plot into the Re-Shade port of CRT-GUEST-ADVANCED-NTSC.

My first example is an aperture grille preset using Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor. I think it’s an RRGGBBX mask but I’m not 100% certain.

The examples following that use Guest’s Mask 12, which is also RRGGBBX which is why each phosphor colour is represented by 2 pixels.

Then I provided examples using Mask 10 (RGBX) then Mask 6 (RGB). It seems like you didn’t reach as far as zooming in on those for your comparison so I kinda gave you a headstart.

Also, if you want your phosphors to be pure RGB, with no other colours being mixed in between (like a real CRT) you have to set Megatron to “Mask Accurate” mode instead of “Colour Accurate”.

Then finally if you want the shape, spacing and alignment of your phosphors to match that of a CRT, you’ll have to switch your “Display’s Subpixel Layout” to RWBG (OLED) in Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor or “Mask Layout” to 1 in CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC.

This will cause you to have phosphor colours in the order RBG instead of RGB like on a real.CRT though.

2 Likes

Thank you again Cyber.

I tried the presets and to be honest guest’s shader isn’t my cup of tea. I am sure, that it depends on the settings, but I realized that I don’t need NTSC blurs etc. A tiny bit of blooming maybe, but there are Reshade standalone shaders for these kind of effects.

Megatron with its masks is already good enough to my eyes and therefore I am happy now as it is. I also realized if I fiddle around more, my obsession of optimizing will never go away and I will not play games, which should normally be the main reson for using shaders :laughing:

When I have some time, I will open a new thread, but at the moment it seems quiet here and not many people are reading as it seems, which is fully understandable in the summer time.

3 Likes

Estou sempre aqui lendo e aprendendo e usando todos os shaders que os artistas aqui disponibilizam. Ontem mesmo estava jogando Sega Rally do Sega Saturnocom os Shaders do Cyber. Ou MK Arcade com shader do Cyber. Ja nem fico mais comparando com crt real, apenas fico curtindo todas atualizações. Só não uso esses shaders com Hdr com medo de queimar ou marcar a Lg Oled C1.

2 Likes

You’re welcome man.

What I would say is that these quick and dirty presets I shared looked a bit distinct from any other I’ve tried before using CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC. I’m not sure if it was because of some new features or if it was because I had to run my display at 30Hz in order to get 4K RGB 4:4:4 Full colour but I was noticing some type of interlacing effect that I never experienced before.

I also noticed a difference in the scanline behaviour on high res scenes. They automatically disappeared and I didn’t see a setting to disable that behaviour. This wasn’t the behaviour with the last version I was familiar with.

Lastly, I don’t understand why the Mask Stagger feature seems to have been removed in place of much less flexable “Convert to ShadowMask” toggle feature, which seems to only provide 2 stagger patterns.

I know that my Shadow Mask presets were a bit unique around these parts in the exact pattern that they used and I realize that if my Mega Bezel Shadow Mask presets are loaded in newer version of Mega Bezel (and CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC), they won’t look anywhere near as they should without some adjustment.

I trust that overall the changes and updates to CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC are all for the better but when someone like me highly tweaks the settings in order to get the look I want then the effects of all the knobs change it can be a bit daunting.

No problem, I can understand that. I had just hoped to be able to get the look you achieved to the final point of nirvana by added that Magic Glow and Base Mask feature which might have made it almost verbatim to the CRT example photo you posted with the green text.

It wasn’t really about changing anything else about your shader but it has opened my mind about what might actually be possible with just a couple more features, or even just the Base Mask feature alone.

@MajorPainTheCactus seems to be a bit over the development of Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor plus it has very strict performance requirements goals so I don’t have any hope for the Base Mask feature to be added to the shader anytime soon.

It’s okay man, you enjoy your games. Don’t do like me and spend more time tweaking then when it’s time to play, your OLED TV stops working and you never enjoy what you spend all this time making.

Maybe it would be cool to have a fork of Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor with CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC features, plus Liliuim SDR to HDR Tone Mapping, plus those Reshade horizontal blurs built-in.

One can only dream, right.

I can’t even try out your stuff at the moment until I repair or replace my TV.

1 Like

I’m always here reading and learning and using all the shaders that the artists make available here. Just yesterday I was playing Sega Rally on the Sega Saturno with Cyber ​​Shaders. Or MK Arcade with Cyber ​​shader. I no longer compare it to real crt, I just enjoy all the updates. I just don’t use these shaders with Hdr for fear of burning or marking the LG Oled C1.

Well thanks for sharing this because it feels good to know that I’m sharing an experience that evokes such joy and others can have a similar experience.

I was a bit skeptical at first when I started using HDR Presets, with my OLED light on 100 so it’s understandable that you’d be a bit cautious.

The problem is that the better these preset and shaders looked, the more I wanted to play or just admire these older games and so the less I mixed my content but once you go HDR just like once you go OLED, it’s hard to go back.

@HunterK has a solution to help with reduce the risk of scanlines burning in though but someone smarter than I needs to code it into Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor.

1 Like

I would suggest, that you get a new TV in the future. Minimum LG CX or GX series. I have seen these used for around 500,- euros for a 55 inch model here in germany. With Lilium’s inverse tm and dynamic tonemapping of the LG it is bright enough with the shaders and full masks.

I think the 55 inch G3 with MLA will be available new for around 1000 euros soon when there are sales, as they have become more cheap since the release of the G4 series. These will have even headroom for BFI, if someone has problems with “motion blur”.

2 Likes

This is a very interesting post I came across today regarding Sega Genesis video output.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/KxSErYYBOh

2 Likes

Yeah, I also remember reading that pretty much all consoles of that time used a form of Bilinear filtering/interpolation.

1 Like

It’s really an effect of CRT technology and the signals, some effects work even with RGB. Hardware bilinear filtering came later. I think the N64 may have been the first that used some sort of hardware filtering.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comments/1dpez0n/getting_back_to_retro_gaming_jvc_video_monitor/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comments/1dp60mg/some_photos_of_my_wega_29fs150/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/WrAOdM04Yt

2 Likes

@Cyber

I like the cyberlab megatron shaders but is it possible to get bezels with refelections for those ones, I looked under MBZ__0__Smooth-Advance_Full_Reflections but I can’t see any megatron ones.

Also could you explain what near field means.

1 Like

Iirc the near field presets are meant for closer viewing, aka like a computer monitor at a desk vs your TV from across the room.

1 Like