Wow! I’ll have to double check that. That’s a reference from an old build. Which preset are you trying to load?
Don’t use that preset. Try another one or use on of your own. Do the Base presets in the Base presets folder load correctly?
Wow! I’ll have to double check that. That’s a reference from an old build. Which preset are you trying to load?
Don’t use that preset. Try another one or use on of your own. Do the Base presets in the Base presets folder load correctly?
CyberLab Guest Golden Bezel Genesis With Actual Golden Bezel - Fixed Paths
I only tried any of the Non-4K ones.
This is why asked previously to you about if possible to have an independant folder for your package, like Guest does with his.
I was also trying a NES one, but still couldnt load, by fixing shader locations on preset.
Its a nightmare trying to fix all shader locations if being set on a custom folder.
I had the same issue trying to fix it for Mega Bezels, some years ago.
Okay, have you fully read the readme.txt file? CyberLab Golden Bezel is not your standard preset pack. There is a method and a system of doing things which you have to understand first so that you can get the most out of it. The included presets are just an added bonus. That preset you tried loading was probably an early test preset that slipped through the cracks.
The presets that you should be focusing on first are the ones with _BZL at the end of their filenames.
As I mentioned in a previous post it doesn’t matter if a preset says 4K or OLED or miniLED. Those just indicate what type of display the preset was designed on. The readme.txt tells users how to adapt them to other display types or resolutions.
After reading the readme, you can open the CyberLab Golden Bezel BZL Preset Template.slangp file in a text editor to learn how to structure your own presets to use them with the reflective bezel.
There’s no need to fix anything. If there are stale presets those should be few and far between. Feel free to report them and I’ll remove them but there’s nothibg to be gained from attempting to use a “non-4K” preset over a 4K one.They’re most likely the same preset or at least very similar from a parameter perspective.
Here sre some excerpts from the included readme file.
I cannot get to load any of these presets.
Instructions are just about to paste everything inside RA/Shaders.
I’m all referring to this Golden bezel stuff. Whether is 4K preset or not.
I just tried now with a clean Retroarch folder. And not trying to change any shader location in presets.
Logs? Symptoms? Output?
The instructions assume you already have a populated Shaders_Slang folder after updating Slang Shaders using the Online Updater.
Have you done that?
That preset doesn’t have _BZL at the end of it so it’s a regular preset not a Bezel Preset. It should still load though. Paste the log here using Paste Bin or code tags.
I have observed RetroArch not playing as nicely with longer paths in recent times.
Also, if using BlastEm, don’t forget to turn off Sega Mega Drive Palette in the Shader Parameters. I’m not sure if BlastEm also requires the Sega Mega Drive Luma/Brightness Fix but if it doesn’t, you can turn that off as well.
I also asked if the presets in the Base Presets folder loaded.
Little advices for the project. Please dont take them as negative feedback, though.
Your preset names are extensively long, which is not good for the eye. An extra text file with the long name for each preset, is more than enough.
And so much Text on description, alongside Screenshots. Maybe screenshots as a whole, are better on a sub-folder on main package.
But what tires me eyes the most is seeing so much text to install and use the whole content. Specially for non-native english speakers or Beginner level type of guys on preset/shaders. Maybe a section for Advanced users can be more appealing.
I’m not sure about your last sentence. These are the presets you said to place in in ra/shaders folder.
Is this what you needed from log?
[ERROR] [Slang] Texture name ‘phosphorFeedback’ not found in semantic map, Probably the texture name or pass alias is not defined in the preset (Non-semantic textures not supported yet)
[ERROR] [Slang] Failed to reflect SPIR-V. Resource usage is inconsistent with expectations.
Thanks,
If possible, can you replace any personal or sensitive information with x or another character, then share your actual Shader path or at least the number of characters it contains please?
I appreciate the feedback.
Also feel free to share the specs of your machine and what version of RetroArch you’re using. Also, what Graphics Driver are you using in RetroArch?
You can try switching it.
Have you tried using Google Translate or another AI translator with the documentation?
is this what you need ?
e.g testing: CyberLab Guest 4K HDR Game Adaptive-Strobe 120Hz+ Genesis Composite CyberTron Smooth Advanced
C:\Users\ABC\Desktop\RA\shaders Win10, 64 bits
i5-2400, 8GBs, GTX 1050 mini, RA v1.22.2, RA video driver is d3d11 (default)
If you open RetroArch, then go into Main Menu, Information, System Information, what is the Build Date that’s you’re seeing?
Mine is Apr 15 2026. I’m not sure if the stable version of 1.22.2 will work. It’s very outdated.
You can temporarily switch to the Vulkan driver and you can also try your game in the Genesis Plus GX Core.
You Shader path looks shorter than mine so it might not be that texture names or aliases are being truncated.
That system is probably highly upgradeable. There are many older GPUs that you can get now that would outperform that GTX 1050 mini but a Radeon RX 6600 or similar would pair wonderfully with that CPU while not using that much power.
I’m looking up that Market gets finally fixed with decent RAM prices, next year or beyond.
System is 15 years old and GPU is about 9 years old. Doesnt seem too encouraging to update this stuff even further. Computers get obsolete way faster nowadays than used to be around 2008
GPGX did not load.
Vulkan made no difference either
That build you are using is ancient. Try the latest nightly in a temporary installation folder.
I would say that a computer is only obsolete when it can’t perform the tasks that one requires it to do, not because of market conditions or technological trends.
You’d be surprised at what that system can still do if given a little push
You should make either golden bezel or alongside your first post project to work with Stable build.
I still consider Golden bezel stuff like a second project of yours, because its not included in main first post.
Noob - casual player isn’t about to dig in Nighty build, which i bet is still under testings.
This is a thing that was not set in Installation instructions.
Forgot to add: Last Guest’s version is July 23th, 2026. So your used shaders are a bit obsolete, in just a couple of days to the very last Guest’s version.
I will try a bit later with that nighty build stuff
Patience young Padawan. Let’s stick to trying to isolate what’s going on with your issue first, if you’re still interested.
I have my own plans for my Golden Bezel and it’s early days still as this is only the first public release. It’s entirely stable on my end and I don’t use any modern system.
This definitely was in the readme that you didn’t read.
It’s difficult to recommend a particular build when all of them for the past year or more have the same 1.22.2 version number. The stable 1.22.2 is definitely not recommended because it’s just too old and there have been many changes since then especially when it comes to the HDR pipeline.
That’s not my fault.
If I say get RetroArch 1.22.2 nightly build date April 15th 2026, where are they getting it from?
So projects like this are not for everyone. The target is really those who see the screenshots and photos of my experience and have enough patience and time on their hands to go through the steps I have laid out to achieve what I have achieved in those examples.
Folks like every so often folks like RetroCrisis come around and break things down and it benefits the masses and makes things more accessible.
Why do my shaders need to use the latest CRT-Guest-Advanced version?
Ok, downloaded and tried now: 2026-09-28_RetroArch.7z
So, trying random presets they seem to work.
The only one that still doesnt load is:
CyberLab Guest Golden Bezel Genesis With Actual Golden Bezel - Fixed Paths
So, if preset says 4K, can i still use it ?
I have had issues with other projects that also portray 4K or 2K presets for such oriented TVs, so when loading my computer is about to exploit and cant even revert it back.
not sure if this is how is intended to be seen, but here it is in 1600x900
CyberLab Guest 4K HDR Game BFI SNES S-Video CyberTron Sharp Smooth Advanced
Image is extremally dark, even with Composite preset supposed to be like, e.g:
CyberLab Guest 4K HDR Game BFI Genesis Composite CyberTron Smooth Advanced
Dunno if this is the actual intended experience but image is super extremally dark for me, with these Squared-like scanlines, lul
I’m glad you got through!
As I mentioned previously, that’s a stale preset that slipped through the cracks.
Yes, and it says so in the readme. It also gives guidelines on how to tweak them for your display. You can use the guidelines for 1080p and if you want things to be finer, you can use negative Mask Zoom or play around with other Shadow Mask types until you find one that works well on your display.
You might have to lower the Mask Strength and / or increase the Gamma_C but adjust the Mask Type for your display first, since the chunkier the phosphors, the darker they tend to be. So try the higher TVL (Finer) options.
That could never be the intended experience. I’m sure you’ve seen my posts with photos of the screen with my presets running.
Remember what I said earlier, you can use your existing CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC presets with the Golden Bezel if you desire. You can use the same overlay setup you showed off and add reflective reflective bezels to it.
So go and have a play around and keep me posted!
Don’t forget to adjust the BGR/RGB Mask Layout Parameter to match your display.
do you know if there’s some way to externally use TV reflections ? so can add it to overlays
This is where I say you need to read the readme. Copy and paste it into a translator but there’s no getting away from it.
Yes, you can take your own image (in PNG format) and apply reflections to it. That’s the entire point of the shader.
I try to load your _BZL presets but nothing happens.
I mean it loads, but cannot see anything in-game