CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

I actually liked the effect, I have seen some flat screens that may attempt to give such an effect with scanlines, but I’m beginner level. If you or anybody else could suggest how to experience shader/presets with such a feature, I’d really appreciate it.

1 Like

One way to do this the Mega Bezel I imagine would be to adjust these parameters:

• Make sure curvature is on
  • Set the Interlace trigger res really high, (so scanlines stay on}
  • Increase core res opposite multiplier (this increases the number of scanlines) until you start to see the moire pattern
  • Increase curvature if desired
  • You may also want to adjust the mask, -1 will remove the mask
2 Likes

Another way you can induce moire patterns is to use Non-Integer Scale (Set Int. Scale Mode to 0) and adjust the Non-Integer Scale % lower or higher until you see the moire start to appear. The more you downscale your screen the more likely you will get moire patterns. Lowering the Scanline Gamma Offset and anything that makes the scanlines darker or more defined can make moire patterns appear.

my god why are we even talking about this, lol. The customer is always right, I guess. Sometimes I wish there was a dislike button.

2 Likes

Hi @Cyber, i loaded your 1080p Composite Pure shader but it doesn’t look right not sure exactly why. Do you have any idea what might be causing the image to look like this? I’ve tried different cores but it still looks the same.

1080p Monitor Nestopia Core

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that the auto mode was actually not broken, only the parameter value range was limited so it started at 1 instead of 0. So if you had masksize = “0.000000” in the preset it should still work.

About the issue @ledoeye is having, it doesn’t look like a mask issue to me. It looks like the pixels of the core image are blurred or resampled somehow before the mask is being applied.

2 Likes

Oh well I could very well be mistaken and would have to verify when I’m actually in front of the computer.

0 is Auto and not 1 as I had incorrectly stated so that can’t be the issue.

That preset should look very sharp. You can see that the Horizontal Sharpness is turned all the way up so something else might be up.

Perhaps @ledoeye might be using an older version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and needs to update?

Thanks for the support @HyperspaceMadness.

Edit: Just loaded up the preset and it looks fine on my end.

This is true as its only an issue if the mask size was at 0 and one had attempted to change it then change it back in the Shader Parameters Menu.

I have no idea other than they might be using an outdated version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader. If you look at the settings of my CyberLab__Composite-Pure__1080p__ADV preset you’ll notice that Horizontal Sharpness is maxed, Subtractive Sharpness is maxed, GTU Signal Resolution is also maxed, Scanline Direction Pre-Scale Multiplier is set to 500, all Blur is set to 0, and Halation is set to 0. Also ScaleFX and MDAPT are off. This should and does make for some very tight edges even at 1080p.

Are you using the latest Shader Preset Pack, HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and RetroArch @ledoeye?

When updating or reinstalling HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader make sure you delete or rename the old folder and not overwrite. Same applies to my Shader Preset Pack, you can’t mix and match individual presets from different versions as they are dependent on one another and are meant to be used and installed as a package.

That screenshot you posted is lacking several characteristics of my Shader presets. For example no visible scanlines, no RGB mask triads and a strange “ghost” image in the background of the white text.

2 Likes

I’m using the latest Retroarch version and i think the HSM as well, Feb 2022 is the last version right?

EDIT : I had the cyber pack version of day 11 march i just updated to the newest one 17th march. Seems like it fixed it. Thanks!

Composite Pure 1080p

1 Like

Excellent! Be sure to try out using my presets together with the Blargg NTSC S-Video or RGB video filter in the Nestopia (or almost any other NES Emulator’s) core options.

You can use my custom video filters instead of any built-in ones for other systems. It’s not a requirement, just a suggestion for you to try them out and see if you like the results. I’m going release an update with updated video filters soon so you can look out for that as well.

Be sure to spread the word if you’re enjoying my presets and I really like seeing screenshots!

Pro Tip: You’ll get more representative (and much better quality) screenshots if you turn off GDV noise in the Shader Parameters before snapping. This is because a screenshot cannot capture the full detail of the frame when tomporal effects like GDV Noise are in use.

1 Like

Thank you @Cyber! Don’t worry i’ll spread the word! :+1:

I love the Pure Composite shader man it’s so beautiful! Imma use it for every system haha The only core that is kinda tricky is GBA, i still don’t know which shader to use. Do you play GBA? @Cyber If so what do you usually use for shaders?

1 Like

I don’t know about @Cyber, but I use my GBA preset.

It can be scaled if you want a larger screen.

It uses the LCD-GRID base preset.

3 Likes

Well you can eh! I love it as well but for me each has its own purpose and serves them well.

I haven’t emulated GBA much because I didn’t grow up playing it. People have used all sorts of shader presets for GBA, including one user who used my 1440p Optimized ones at non-1440p resolution, can’t remember if it was at 1080p or 4K.

With that said if and when I’m ready to emulate handheld systems, I most likely will end up using @Duimon’s awesome handheld bezels and matching LCD grid patterns!

By the way, I just uploaded my new Shader Preset Pack with the updated Video Filters!

2 Likes

I been playing castlevania aria of sorrow for the past 2 hours with your shader/graphic presets and it’s really amazing experience thank you! @Duimon

3 Likes

These are some fantastic presets. Dunno about the rest of y’all but I think Chrono Trigger looks great with RGB Smooth.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks a lot @Darn! These look lovely! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Just love these JVC D-Series pics!

3 Likes

Great stuff and reminds us why we all keep coming back to these presets and setups and old games. There was just a look that you just don’t have now.

1 Like

This is interesting:

1 Like

We have shaders for this I’m pretty sure…

2 Likes

How do you figure out the best post CRT brightness level.

1 Like