CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Yes, that is correct. I’m trying to determine if the Mask Layout you’re using is correct for your display. Unfortunately that pic is a bit blurry compared to the previous ones so it’s still unclear. If you’re seeing evenly spaced red, green and blue phosphors (in that order) then that is the Mask Layout you should be using.

If you’re not getting that, then you can try the Mask Layout 1 and see if you’re getting evenly spaced red, blue and green phosphors (in that order).

When I looked at your previous photos with mask layout 1, the phosphors didn’t look evenly spaced in the second pic (at least in the center of the pic) but they look fairly evenly spaced in the first one so I guess you might be using the correct layout.

I took look at the PSX presets and based on my observations the 2 non-Drez presets seem normal. The 2 Drez presets didn’t look as I had expected them to look but I think I understand why they looked the way they looked.

They seemed very smoothed. Instead of trying 125 to add visible scanlines, you can probably try 50 for the opposite direction multiplier. However, I would avoid the Drez presets if the regular ones are working fine and not crashing with your internal resolution settings.

Also note that there are several other presets you can try. You don’t have to limit yourself to just the PSX presets.

Back to the Drez presets. They seemed to upscale the game to 640 x 480 and gave a soft, smoothed look. Since the Drezed resolution is 640 x 480 the scanlines are not that visible, especially at 1080p.

I wasn’t expecting the Drez preset to alter the image so significantly but I guess it does at least with the 480p version.

The 240p Drez would show the scanlines but it might also prevent hi res screens to look as they should.

I tried some of the stock, base Drez presets that come with the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and besides the excessive curvature, I observed that same soft, smoothed image. However, I was able to disable the GSharp and that smoothness went away.

So you can try the various Drez base presets in the Shaders_Slang/Bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets/Base_Drez_Presets Folder and see if you’re having the same issues. If yes, then it’s not a CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack issue and could be something on your end with your TV setup or something with the HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader that might need some further explanation from HyperSpaceMadness in his feedback thread.

I used a newer version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader for my testing than 1.7.0 by the way. I really don’t want to go back to 1.7.0 in my personal system.

1 Like

OK I had noticed previously I don’t have much problems with non drez than with Drez, if drez is like it is maybe I’ll end up using normal preset, I will just send a picture of normal psx composite preset just to confirm if everything looks good and if it is, then everything will be solved from my part, thanks for all the feedback, maybe I’ll check the hsm drez presets and issue a report for mega bezel if there is something, thank you for all

1 Like

If you’re not having problems with the normal preset then there’s no reason to use the Drez presets. The only reason I included them was for users who experienced crashing with the more advanced presets.

i was using drez to get to higher resolutions, as i had noticed already too, going even above x1 will cause performance problems from my end with the recommended version of hsm and pixel shader, but i i will figure out something of running native with the normal preset, i had seen the emulator also has a “drez” option for games, i’ll check it out too

1 Like

ok this is how it looks like with normal composite

Okay, the only reason I asked for the close-ups was to help verify that you were using the correct mask layout for your display. Now that we’ve established that, I don’t really need any more of the zoomed in pics (at least without a larger sized reference).

I’n my testing all the non-Drez presets seemed to work and look exactly as expected. The Drez only looked different from what I expected because I hadn’t really tested them much so I really didn’t know what to expect. I incorrectly assumed they would look similar to the non-Drez presets.

If you have another display available to you, perhaps you can do some testing with that as well and see if you’re having the same issues.

i’m having now some problems with non scale again, but i don’t think i quite can get it for a general solution as much of games in psx change resolution quite a lot between transitions, fmvs and the game itself. i could retain some consistency with drez due that drez forced a resolution all the time, but we both know what that provoked, i had tried also changing mask layouts both won’t work neither, if this preset doesn’t work specifically on my display i think i’ll use another preset as alternative for my ps1 games, do you recommend any of them?

I recommend trying all of them, including the non Console Specific ones. If the issue is your display or settings, I have a feeling that you might run into issues with more than just the PSX presets. Maybe you can try the base Mega Bezel Reflection Shader Presets and see if they look right for you. That might help to narrow things down.

1 Like

i haven’t spotted that much of a problem with the other presets, they looked quite good for me, this is a sample from nes core blargg preset with s video filter first wth iso 1/60 and st

This 800 x 600 61.2KB jpeg is not really useful to me. The image is too degraded for me to judge anything by it. If you look through this thread, you’ll see lots of examples of beautiful images from the games we love, these, not so much.

In the future please use a hosting site like imgbb.com or if compressing you can use IrfanView and set the max jpeg compression to 4MB and it will optimize the image quality to fit that file size.

If the presets are not the problem and the screen is not the problem then perhaps the emulator core settings might be the problem. One thing I would say though is that when you move up to 3D cores and games and hi res (480p and up) resolution, things can get a bit different.

Edit: The second pic is much more legible and acceptable than the first.

This pic is still very low resolution and excessively compressed but if that’s the best your digital camera can do then it is what it is.

ok i think i’ll just stick to whatever it looks better on my screen for psx games, and i’ll stick to the ones already looked good on my screen, thank you for all the help and support you gave me anyway, have a good day

1 Like

Ok, ok ok after a brief investigation i had determined i hate android devices with their locks and telegram with his compression, here it is how it was supposed to looked like

1 Like

Hmmm…all of my camera pics were taken with an Android device.

Much better! I can now see, understand and appreciate what you are trying to convey.

1 Like

@Cyber, I tried searching for some info but the sheer size of this thread is making it hard. What OLED display are you currently using when you make these presets? As well, HDR on or off?

I have a 48" Gigabyte OLED that I believe shares the same panel as the 48" LG C1. I’m wondering if your display is similar enough so that I won’t need to reconfigure these presets

1 Like

Did you use the search function? If so, did you check the box that says “Search This Topic” ?

Also, most of the relevant information for setup as well as usage of my preset pack can be found in the very first post so that’s a good start if you want to know how to set things up correctly and find out what you can do with the preset pack.

I don’t really think that’s relevant to having a great experience with these shader presets. I use and have used different displays at different times when developing and testing different presets in the pack. Based on my testing and feedback, they can look good on quite a number of displays, OLED and non-OLED.

As a matter of fact, I’ve stated several times that my “IV_OLED” presets are not exclusively for OLED displays. All a non-OLED user might have to do is flip the Mask Layout setting to whichever matches their display.

I don’t use HDR when using my presets but at least one user has reported using AutoHDR and they seem to like the effect.

The best way to find out might be to try them out and see. Either you’ll be blown away or not, or you might find something doesn’t look particularly right to you. Maybe then might be a good time to come back with some feedback and maybe you might be able to tweak some settings in your display.

I don’t know anything about the Gigabyte’s settings or how it’s out of box calibration is but I think you should start with whatever settings you have, then install everything and see how it looks, then possibly look to tweak some settings after.

1 Like

new images, testing psx normal preset with core downsampling

Greetings @hunterk or @HyperspaceMadness. Can you split from here till the last post into a new topic as I really don’t know what else I can do to assist @Theoldnation at least for now and they seem to be having some unique issues that may not necessarily be as a result of my Shader Preset Pack but possibly their core settings and something that they are trying to accomplish which as of now cannot be conveyed in a clear manner to me.

There are several posts with extremely low res screenshots and photos and they’ve sort of buried any other useful recent information that I tried to share with all users of the thread. I take partial blame for trying to assist for so long leading to this prolonged back and forth.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Ok, @Theoldnation could you please come to the Mega Bezel thread and state your issue as best you can with examples using the base Mega Bezel presets.

2 Likes