CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

Thanks for the welcoming party! I still want to hear from HSM before editing though or at least recheck and reproduce the issue myself.

I’m on the very first RC. The one right after HSM accidentally uploaded a very old version. There’s no blur on my Computer Monitor presets and I haven’t noticed anything strange on my Composite Sharp Preset either but I haven’t tested the 1440p version of that preset in a while.

I’ll await a response from the Shader Boss! Lol. Today is a special day for many of us so I don’t mind if I have to wait a while.

1 Like

The Downsample Blur has been adjusted (right before the RC rev1) so that it gets the same amount of blur between the STD and ADV presets are consistent, so ADV will have more blur than before. So I think to have the same blur as before for the ADV 100 should now be 33

2 Likes

I told you guys have magic powers. :smiley:

BTW, what’s that game? Looks sweet!

1 Like

He has spoken. Lol

I’m still doing this thing manually in Notepad. I don’t mind because it has kept my mind sharp keeping track of things but I’m open to improvements to my workflow, change and learning from the best! @TheNamec has already pointed me in the right direction a few times when it comes to software and certain other things as well as yourself and @Duimon but what do you guys recommend would be the fastest way to change that setting across the board?

Edit: It’s Aquales for the Sharp x68000.

2 Likes

Notepad++ has a great file Search & Replace feature. (Google for a tutorial before you make an attempt.) I use PowerGrep for advanced variable and regular expression support, but it is pricier.

I think @HyperspaceMadness uses Visual Studio Code, which is free.

3 Likes

There is also IDM UEStudio that has a nice IDE feel, and a file search & replace. The method is also a bit obscure, like Notepad++ so google again.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll do a quick Google search and I think it’s that same Visual Studio Code that @TheNamec mentioned to me that he uses.

3 Likes

Okay @Fab. The bug has been squashed. You can use my updated Shader Preset Pack available in the first post of this thread immediately, while we await an update of the main package.

Also, you might want to redownload your HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader as the latest available on the HSM Mega Bezel Thread is V 0.09.091 2021-12-24.

Thanks again for all the assistance in getting this one resolved so quickly! @HyperspaceMadness, @Duimon, @Fab

1 Like

@Cyber, I just downloaded the latest version of your presets, replaced HSM versions with yours, but now none of the presets load.

1 Like

@Tromzy Did you follow the updated installation instructions? They have to go in a different folder.

The “RetroArch/Shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community” Folder.

2 Likes

You’re right, I did not follow the instructions. Everything works now. Thanks a lot ! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Be sure to try out my brand new Computer Monitor Presets! I hope the main Reflection Shader package will be updated soon to include the fixes.

2 Likes

@Cyber Hi! Thanks for your work! But I cannot figure out how to use your shaders. I have the HSM Mega Bezel shaders installed and working and I have the Mega_Bezel_Community folder in my shaders folder but I cannot load any of them. I always get the “failed to apply shader preset” error message… Do I need to merge HSM shaders with yours?

2 Likes

If you can please post a log it might help us determine the issue.

In case you have them in the wrong location Cyber’s folder should be here:

\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Community\CyberLab

2 Likes

Hi, you’re welcome. If you open the zip file containing my Shader Preset Pack, the folder structure that you see right there is the correct folder structure. Just make sure you copy or extract the entire Mega_Bezel_Community folder and all subfolders to your RetroArch/Shaders folder

In more recent versions of RetroArch your RetroArch folder might have a different name. Don’t worry about that just make sure everything from the Shaders folder matches what’s in the zip file.

Alternatively, you can just download the most recently updated version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and use my shaders from the Experimental folder there.

Hopefully, we’ll get some updated installation videos soon.

A log file might definitely help because depending on what platform you’re on and the length of your Shader folder path, it could even be a long filename issue.

Where exactly do you have RetroArch installed? Can you share your complete folder structure?

Thanks @Duimon

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks for the answers! RetroArch is installed there D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch

But I have now an issue with the HSM shaders as well as they also fail to load… They were working couple of days ago and I don’t see where I screwed up. So it seems like it is not due to your shaders :frowning:

I enabled logs and here are the errors I get when I load a shader:

[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-add-params-all.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #0.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\stock.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_SRGB for pass output #1.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-add-negative-crop-area.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_SRGB for pass output #2.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-cache-info-all-params.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R32G32B32A32_SFLOAT for pass output #3.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-intro-std.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #4.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-custom-fast-sharpen.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #5.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\stock.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #6.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-afterglow0.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #7.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-pre-shaders-afterglow.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #8.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-dogway\hsm-grade.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #9.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-avg-lum.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #10.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-interlace-and-linearize.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #11.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-blur_horiz.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #12.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-blur_vert.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #13.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-threshold.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #14.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-halation.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #15.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-deconvergence.slang".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Exceeded maximum number of parameters (512).
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\Base_CRT_Presets\MBZ__3__STD__EASYMODE.slangp".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\Base_CRT_Presets\MBZ__3__STD__EASYMODE.slangp". Falling back to stock.
1 Like

You must be using an old version of Retroarch. You need 1.9.8 or newer.

1 Like

I would add that in order to get the most out of this software it’s important to read the documentation before jumping right in.

The readme files and the installation instructions in the first posts in the respective forum threads go a long way towards ensuring a trouble free and high quality experience!

You can let us know if you get through after following all of the listed setup steps.

1 Like

PSA to all users who downloaded my new Shader Preset Pack since it went live on 24-12-21

Please update your HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader to at least V 0.9.094 2021-12-27 Rev 1 if you wish to see my Shader Presets the way they were intended. Even if you think they look okay now, you might be in for a little treat!

2 Likes