CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

If you can please post a log it might help us determine the issue.

In case you have them in the wrong location Cyber’s folder should be here:

\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Community\CyberLab

2 Likes

Hi, you’re welcome. If you open the zip file containing my Shader Preset Pack, the folder structure that you see right there is the correct folder structure. Just make sure you copy or extract the entire Mega_Bezel_Community folder and all subfolders to your RetroArch/Shaders folder

In more recent versions of RetroArch your RetroArch folder might have a different name. Don’t worry about that just make sure everything from the Shaders folder matches what’s in the zip file.

Alternatively, you can just download the most recently updated version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and use my shaders from the Experimental folder there.

Hopefully, we’ll get some updated installation videos soon.

A log file might definitely help because depending on what platform you’re on and the length of your Shader folder path, it could even be a long filename issue.

Where exactly do you have RetroArch installed? Can you share your complete folder structure?

Thanks @Duimon

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks for the answers! RetroArch is installed there D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch

But I have now an issue with the HSM shaders as well as they also fail to load… They were working couple of days ago and I don’t see where I screwed up. So it seems like it is not due to your shaders :frowning:

I enabled logs and here are the errors I get when I load a shader:

[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-add-params-all.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #0.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\stock.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_SRGB for pass output #1.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-add-negative-crop-area.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_SRGB for pass output #2.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-cache-info-all-params.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R32G32B32A32_SFLOAT for pass output #3.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm\hsm-intro-std.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #4.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-custom-fast-sharpen.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #5.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\stock.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #6.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-afterglow0.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #7.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-pre-shaders-afterglow.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #8.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-dogway\hsm-grade.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #9.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-avg-lum.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #10.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-interlace-and-linearize.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #11.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-blur_horiz.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #12.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-blur_vert.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #13.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-threshold.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R8G8B8A8_UNORM for pass output #14.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-easymode\hsm-crt-easymode-halation.slang".
[INFO] [slang]: Using render target format R16G16B16A16_SFLOAT for pass output #15.
[INFO] [slang]: Compiling shader "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness\hsm-guest\hsm-deconvergence.slang".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Exceeded maximum number of parameters (512).
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create preset: "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\Base_CRT_Presets\MBZ__3__STD__EASYMODE.slangp".
[ERROR] [Vulkan]: Failed to create filter chain: "D:\Games\Emulators\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\Presets\Base_CRT_Presets\MBZ__3__STD__EASYMODE.slangp". Falling back to stock.
1 Like

You must be using an old version of Retroarch. You need 1.9.8 or newer.

1 Like

I would add that in order to get the most out of this software it’s important to read the documentation before jumping right in.

The readme files and the installation instructions in the first posts in the respective forum threads go a long way towards ensuring a trouble free and high quality experience!

You can let us know if you get through after following all of the listed setup steps.

1 Like

PSA to all users who downloaded my new Shader Preset Pack since it went live on 24-12-21

Please update your HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader to at least V 0.9.094 2021-12-27 Rev 1 if you wish to see my Shader Presets the way they were intended. Even if you think they look okay now, you might be in for a little treat!

2 Likes

Take a look at the above post @Fab, @Tromzy, @Freeman, @Digitech & @NadaBom!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot man! Did not realize my RetroArch was outdated :man_facepalming: Feel so stupid now :grin: Updating it solved the issue!

Thanks for your support @Cyber

1 Like

You’re welcome! It’s not stupid. Who doesn’t want to just start playing with their new toys or gadgets without having to go through all of those boring instructions! Lol

2 Likes

Is there a plan in the future of adding the shader pack with Duimon Graphics in a seperate pack? I tested it on Super Nintendo and had to add a Zoom to it of 2.30 and I added the curvature back.

This is with the 1080p Optimized Composite-Sharp shader

3 Likes

The curvature issue is probably an oversight. With the addition of the 2D Cylinder option, the parameter index has changed.

@Cyber

HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = “0.000000”

should become

HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = “1.000000”

(-1.000000 was eliminated.)

The easiest way to get my graphics to work with Cyber’s presets is to make a copy of his preset and change the reference to my preset of your choosing. Make sure to choose one of my presets that references his base shader. (i.e. GDV__ADV)

This will make sure things like the reflection corner crease use my settings.

Keep in mind that my preset may be doing something that he doesn’t intend, but my CRT based systems shouldn’t be doing much with GDV or scanlines.

You will have to live with the scaling. Cyber is using integer scaling on the short axis and you will want to keep it that way. You can turn off the Decal or scale it to fit.

BTW. It is nice to see someone using the new double bevel bezel option. :grin:

3 Likes

@Duimon Curvature mode was set to 0 and I changed it back to what it was set to in your Presets. The Crop Zoom % is 2.3 which helps with scaling for me. The double bevel is the best looking one to me.

3 Likes

It does scale better, but changing the Crop zoom % will break integer, and the sub pixels will no longer be aligned.

You can adjust the bezel height & width. (Width first and then Height until the second bezel is aligned.

The Cabinet Glass layer is used for the “Nintendo” logo. You can adjust the Y Position.

Thanks! I think it’s pretty cool too! :grin:

3 Likes

Crop zoom won’t break the integer scaling. Integer scaling will only stop being integer if you do viewport zoom or additional non-integer scale…

1 Like

Found another way to do it is to change [Cabinet or Cabinet Glass Layer] Position Y: 2.85 and [Bezel General] Scale Offset: 95.

2 Likes

Yep, that will work, but you will be cropping the screen a bit. You may also notice that you can now see the CRT through he Bezel Inner Edge Highlight.

In any case, we have far more options with the Mega Bezel than anything previously available!

So the short answer to your original question is… no, I don’t have plans to create a new preset using Cyber’s work at this time. Sometime in the future I may choose a favorite and do so, who knows?

There is a chance that at some point we will be able to simply add a second reference preset and chain the two together. It has been talked about.

Again, many things take precedent. :wink:

3 Likes

Yep just noticed that and changed the Scale offset back to 100. Change the [Bezel] Width to 48 and Height 38 instead.

Preferences change from person to person but patient is always needed for everyone. New features are always great and looking forward to everything that will be coming in the future. I guess for the time being I can just use the presets that I prefer.

4 Likes

If you choose to create your own custom presets. I would wait until the Mega Bezel hits v1.0.

The good news is that you will only have to do them once and can enjoy them forever.

Honestly, it is a joy to see anyone take advantage of the customizing features. I will assume that most will just use the supplied presets as is.

4 Likes

Especially since the vast majority wouldn’t know where to start with any of it and want a plug and play style. The previous of my posts will hopefully help those who want to combine the two together.

Good luck to you and @HyperspaceMadness in figuring this stuff out.

4 Likes

That would be recommended to anybody that would be creating custom presets. I was honestly just stating about using Cyber’s with your graphics. I definitely would have to make sure I want to do it since it would be time consuming to edit every one of the presets.

1 Like