CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

When I started using your shader presets I did go through each one to see what was best for the system I was playing. Putting the system name in the title has made it easier.

3 Likes

I put recommendations in my first post to help users find the appropriate presets for the systems. That’s part of the reason why the first post is so long. It’s very comprehensive but it seems like many users like to jump right in.

4 Likes

The mask is good, but where are the scanlines?

3 Likes

Thanks. I actually kinda like the way it looks now. It strongly reminds me of the original “Death To Pixels” .cgp preset I used to use with Analog Shader Pack 3.0.

Scanline settings are mostly at the defaults except GSL Scanline Type, which is at -1.

This is my first Slot Mask preset so it might take me a while before I master how to control and balance everything, including scanline settings. I’m taking it in stages.

4 Likes

Made some tweaks to my Blargg S-Video Filter Settings.

CyberLab Slot Mask for Blargg + CyberLab Genesis Blargg S-Video Filter

CyberLab Slot Mask for Blargg + CyberLab Genesis Blargg Composite Filter

You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

6 Likes

Right on the heels of CyberLab Ultimate Virtual Slot Mask CRT-1P2RTA, I now present to you CyberLab Slot Mask II.

You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

5 Likes

I absolutely love the Old TV Interference one. Amazing work. Is there a way to use that with one of the Soqueroeu TV backgrounds? That would be the best of both worlds for me.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Of course! If you look in my MBZ_3_Standard_Full_Reflections folder you’ll see some presets that I’ve made using @soqueroeu’s TV-Backgrounds. You can just use one of those as your template. You’ll have an easier time if you’re on a 4K screen but if not, you can adjust some of the scale settings until things fit. Feel free to ask for assistance while you try to get things right.

You can copy the parameters from my Old TV Shader Preset into one of the existing @Soqueroeu’s TV Presets - Particularly the ones that deal with Halation and Noise.

If you want to change the TV Backgrounds just edit the name of the background to whichever Backgrounds preset you would like to use.

What resolution are you running at by the way?

You might also want to change the Mask Size to 0 (Auto).

Take a look at this 900p example.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help. I think I understand it more now. I’m running 4k. Currently I have these settings and while it looks closer to your Old TV, it still seems a bit off. Like the lighting or bloom is slightly off? I’m gonna have to keep experimenting.

#reference "../../../../Mega_Bezel_Community/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0/presets/TV-Console/00_Generic_03.slangp"
scangammaoffset = "2.500000"
g_hue_degrees = "-7.000000"
wp_temperature = "6500.000000"
GDV_DECONVERGENCE_ON = "0.000000"
g_sat = "0.000000"
post_br = "1.310000"
h_sharp = "5.200000"
GAMMA_INPUT = "2.100000"
gamma_out = "2.500000"
bloom = "0.150000"
halation = "0.400000"
scan_falloff = "0.250000"
g_crtgamut = "1.000000"
scans = "0.000000"
GDV_NOISE_ON = "1.000000"
glow = "0.000000"
masksize = "1.000000"
gsl = "2.000000"
scanline1 = "9.000000"
scanline2 = "9.000000"
beam_min = "1.350000"
beam_max = "1.300000"
shadowMask = "13.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"
addnoised = "0.900000"
noiseresd = "2.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_ORIENTATION = "1.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_INTRO_WHEN_TO_SHOW = "0.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "61.570278"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_LONG_AXIS = "10.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_SHORT_AXIS = "5.000000"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "1.000000"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MULTIPLE_OFFSET = "-2.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "61.470329"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_CURVATURE = "1.000000"
HSM_REFLECT_CORNER_ROTATION_OFFSET_TOP = "-3.000000"
HSM_REFLECT_CORNER_ROTATION_OFFSET_BOTTOM = "-4.000000"
1 Like

Halation has a profound effect on overall brightness so you can probably also copy and replace all of the following parameters with the values from the Old TV Shader Preset:

g_hue_degrees = "-7.000000"
g_sat = "0.000000"
post_br = "1.310000"
g_crtgamut = "1.000000"
addnoised = "0.900000"

It might still look off because of the Scanlinegammaoffset and other moire mitigation settings which are not present in the Old TV Shader so you might have to play around with the post_br to bring the brightness back in line.

If I have time I might take a look into it but you can experiment in the meantime. The main ingredients for the Old TV look are the noise and Halation settings anyway so you can take almost any existing preset and apply those values and you might get something satisfactory.

Perfect, thank you. I see where my mistake was - I used your console specific SNES one as a template but switched the reference to one of Soqueroeu’s Generic TV backgrounds so that’s why it felt a bit off. But when I don’t edit the reference line and then apply the Old TV parameters, then the effect looks perfect. Thank you.

1 Like

This video needs to be seen! I consider it a definitive resource on the pros and cons of using CRT TVs for modern Retro-Gaming.

2 Likes

This is the look that i crave on CRTs not really a fan of thick scanlines lol amazing work man thanks for what you do :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to leave this positive feedback. I try my best.

Just remember to spread the word so that others may benefit.

3 Likes

Introducing CyberLab Wii Slot Mask!

Note: You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

6 Likes

Please update the first post with the new info Cyber, new people will benefit from it :smiley:

That Wii mask is look really good. I have a feeling it might work out for ps2 and gamecube. 4k only or is there a 1440p version?

1 Like

Patience young Padawan. Whenever I create a new preset that I think is worthy of being added to my preset pack, I try to update and include it as soon as possible so that users can start to use it immediately.

My schedule is pretty tight so I can only do things like that in between my other responsibilities and I like to present things properly.

The first post has already been updated with the new preset and anyone using my preset pack should be able to see the new preset in the 4K_Optimized, Console Specific Folder.

Thanks, that’s actually just my CyberLab Slot Mask 1P2RTA preset with the aspect ratio adjusted to 16:9 and the integer scale set to 100%. I just made it into a Console Specific Presets to provide a more Plug n Play solution to users of any experience level.

I think so too, although the apect ratio might need to be adjusted to 4:3 for GameCube (and possibly PS2 as well). I haven’t tested it on those systems yet though so that’s why it’s just called CyberLab Wii for now. Also, I haven’t been able to get PCSX2 core to work well yet (standalone works great however).

4K only for now as its still bleeding edge and so hasn’t been tested at any other resolution. It should work at 1080p though because I made a 1080p Optimized version of CyberLab Slot Mask 1P2RTA and it looks good. It’s doesn’t look identical to the 4K version though but it’s good enough to be included.

Slot Masks are pretty difficult to scale down to lower resolutions. 4K is like a bare minimum to get the RGB triads looking as they should and the pattern to look as intended. With that said, once there’s a 1080p Optimized version a 1440p version might follow at some point in the future once I’m able to test on a 1440p screen and I get the chance.

Thanks for the positive feedback. You already know what you need to do!

Do note that when I say “work” with respect to presets and resolutions I actually mean “look good” or “look properly” because any preset in my pack should load properly at any resolution and with a few parameter adjustments should be able to have appropriate Mask Type, Size and Layout settings to look as best as possible at any resolution.

So feel free to load up any of my other presets for example 1080p or 4K Optimized versions of one’s that aren’t available in the 1440p Optimized folder yet and experiment with those parameters mentioned above.

2 Likes

I went ahead and got a couple of shots for PS2 in 1080p, it looks pretty good.

1 Like

Eh heh? Which preset did you use?

By the way, I just added CyberLab Slot Mask Wii presets to the 1080p Optimized folders. Try those and see. You might just have to tweak the Mask Layout to match your display.

1 Like

It was the Slot Mask Wii. I changed the Mask Size to Auto.

With the 1080p Wii Mask:

PS2

Gamecube 4:3

1 Like