Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I don’t care about the reflection, it can be without the reflection, I tried to do it with standard overlay but I don’t know how to do it either you help me

2 Likes

Yeah the DMG preset is tough to work with because it does some automatic scaling. Are you using a 1080 screen or 4K?

2 Likes

I’m putting the pedal to the metal while I have some free time. Things will slow down soon.

I have also decided to do a request for the Apple II that was not on my list, so that will take some time away also.

4 Likes

Duimon … i use 4k resolution

2 Likes

OK. Let me see what I can do with creating a custom overlay.

2 Likes

@Duimon, can you make one where you disable the reflection and bezel and use the LCD Shader and colours from this preset then maybe tweak and work your way towards getting it closer to the DMG Shader image?

What do you think of that idea @walter.farmacia?

I could be wrong but it looks as if the DMG uses Blue as the colour for the LCD pixels and Yellow for the Background that’s why when they blend it looks greenish.

In the Game Com preset it looks like the pixel colour is black. I think the DMG Shader has a PNG with the exact pixel and background colours used.

@Duimon, have you ever thought about updating your handhelds (or providing alternates) which didn’t naturally have bezels and reflections and instead focus on the lighting effects in order to showcase HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader’s greatness?

1 Like

Nope. If people want to eliminate the bezel they can do so with parameters.

I did consider not doing any graphics for devices with a Game Boy style screen. (Because they would never have a reflection.)

I changed my mind and posted at length about my decision.

BTW. @walter.farmacia shot is using the Potato preset which can’t use my Game Boy method.

I will have a 4K overlay and config for him in short order.

3 Likes

I remember reading a post like that but I didn’t go back and refer to it. I was just thinking to myself that perhaps that might have been your way of showcasing HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader back then but now that there are more lighting effects that you can still showcase the shader while also having a more realistic and authentic appearance of the handhelds.

This is all thought based on assumption and without referring to the post where you explained your reasoning though.

1 Like

I am still here to showcase the Mega Bezel, that will never change.

What people tend to forget is that my work is just a starting point, and only examples of what can be done.

If users want to showcase the Mega Bezel less, then they can play with the parameters to get exactly what they want.

The one thing I have never wanted was for my work to become a crutch, and stop them from using the Mega Bezel features themselves.

4 Likes

Here is a WIP on the Apple II request.

There is a whole lot of work to be done yet but it is taking shape.

5 Likes

@Duimon waoo amazing work!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know much about this, I just know that they look great

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I will appreciate it very much

2 Likes

Here is the last WIP on the Apple II for today.

I just noticed I forgot to change a drive number. :rofl:

6 Likes

Last night I tried Mega Duck in Hyperspin with Retroarch (without using RocketLauncher) and it runs perfect and the @Duimon Advance Mega duck Night overlays look perfect… Thank @Duimon for all!!!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Hey Duimon, I tried to download the new presets from your github page, but the master archive has an error.

2 Likes

??

How are you downloading it. Are you trying to download the master as a zip? I don’t think that will work. It is 4.28GB large.

I just successfully downloaded it using the Git method in the second post of this thread. I highly recommend this method because it makes updating very easy.

2 Likes

Here is the final Apple II.

I am very happy with it. I am actually very happy with all the Apples that use this layout style, but I think this is my favorite.

7 Likes

@walter.farmacia The Custom Game Boy overlay and config files are in my overlay repo.

https://github.com/Duimon/Retroarch-Overlays/blob/master/Custom_Game_Boy.zip

Unpack the files and read the Readme.

Here’s a look.

Edit: Taking a look at the Handheld Border shader… I can probably get it to look more like that if you like. (Although it will never look correct using the night mode overlay.)

4 Likes