Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I am done going through my source with a fine tooth comb. It all seems to be in order.

I will be updating the “Duimon-Mega-Bezel-Source” and “Duimon-Mega-Bezel” repos with the next shader release.

Now it is time to start backing things up for my PC upgrade.

3 Likes

Well, based on Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates you told @mikael42:

In any case, all my graphics are open source. You may use them, and the source, in any way you see fit. :grin:

That sounded quite enthusiastic at the time. I’m not sure what is the difference you now make between “possible” and “permission”, seen from my external eye, honestly. Did you change your mind after this conversation back in May? Or maybe you don’t like what he made with your graphics?

Anyways, tell me what you want precisely: do you want to be credited? Do you want Batocera to replace the bezels that have some of your elements by other bezels? Do you want Batocera to ship your original bezels from your repo and not some others based off your work that you feel are bastardizing it? Something else? Let me know.

I already expressed my views in my previous message. I’m here to find a solution, so let’s get straight to the facts, thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response. We are working on a proposal and will be in touch.

6 Likes

I think it’s pretty simple. The licence must be honored. Quick googling about CC and images reveals that the author must be credited. I guess it requires a special permission from the author for someone to use the works without giving credits.

Otherwise a situation might happen where the guy who is using stuff is credited by other users, which is not uncommon.

5 Likes

Hello @Duimon

I’m completely new to Retroarch and installed it like two days ago. I’m glad I was introduced to HSM’s shaders and the Death to Pixels presets by @Cyber. Then from there I discovered your page and the cool overlays that you have made. I;m realyl interested in using your overlays and wanted to know what’s the easiest way to use them in conjunction with he Death to Pixels presets?

Thanks!

5 Likes

It will take some editing on your end. You will need to change the reference shader in my presets to reference the Death to Pixels preset. SInce it is in the root shader folder you can use the :/ syntax for the RA root so (:/shaders/NameOfDeathToPixels.slangp)

Also keep in mind you need to use the presets designed for the base shader he is referencing, either ADV or STD.

On some systems it may be more complicated (i.e. LCD screens where I am using hidden fake sanlines.) but on most it should be pretty easy.

3 Likes

OK then.

My computer is going under the knife as of five minutes from now.

The surgery will take at least most of today.

Wish us luck. :grin:

3 Likes

@Aeoliza

I wanted to mention that the shader may be updated in the coming weeks. My presets, and probably @Cyber’s also, will undergo some changes.

You may want to hold off on any large scale conversions until the after the update, although getting a few to work now to get some practice, would be beneficial when the time comes.

5 Likes

Good luck on your build! I’ve been procrastinating a migration of an Intel Chipset RAID 0 array to an AMD Chipset RAID 0 array for the longest while and my OLED TV decided it wasn’t going to work on Saturday morning so I have to fix that as well.

3 Likes

I wanted to try out your PDP-1 overlay for spacewar - somehow i am not able to get the game centert within the bezel. retroarch 1.9.12 , mame current. pulling my hair over here :smile: need help :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think it now requires a new version of the shader. Be patient and all will be well.

3 Likes

oh i see … 1.9.13 seems to take away all the shaders

1 Like

That shouldn’t be the case. Can you elaborate?

I have to withdraw this statement. Everything fine and working ! My Retroarch settings have been overwritten when updating to 1.9.13 , yikes ! I am sorry, mea culpa.

3 Likes

So… my PC upgrade has not gone smoothly. :frowning_face:

The build was OK, and first boot brought me to the BIOS to auto setup the CPU. But subsequent boots I had no HDMI output on my discreet card… ANY discreet card. :hushed:

I can get output on the integrated card. :thinking:

I went through the usual steps, finally contacted ASUS, went through some steps with them, and no go.

I am RMA-ing the motherboard, a replacement is on the way already.

Here’s hoping that we are correct and I just got a bad MB.

I do have to say though, when it was running, it was very pretty. :grin:

I have installed my old hardware, with the exception of three of my HDDs, into a different case while I sort everything out.

6 Likes

Hi @Duimon, just want to thank you for the really cool presets that you have made! And it’s awesome that there are so many to choose from. They enhance that retro feel for sure.

6 Likes

I am about 5 minutes away from my first boot on the replacement motherboard.

Wish me luck. :wink:

7 Likes

Wow! That was quick! What CPU/Motherboard did you decide to go with?

Good luck!

1 Like

I don’t know if you saw my previous post about a lemon MB.

I am going with an ASUS Z590-A and an i9 11900K. Two 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 drives, and 64GB of G.Skill Trident memory. (Along with the hardware I am carrying over. 8 x 3.5 HDDs, a Gigabyte WiFi/BT 5.0 adapter, and a SIIG SC-SA0R11-S1 eSATA controller)

Build update: The replacement motherboard is not having the same issues as the first.

I am also building my first Ryzen system as a backup everyday box, since my old Intel system is slated to become the new HTPC. (Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS, and another 1 TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 drive.)

A little modest compared to the new i9 build but I wanted to get my feet wet in the Ryzen waters without risking too much money.

2 Likes

Yes, I have been following, these forums are like a new refuge for me. Lol

I thought you might have gone 12th gen seeing as you upgraded around this time. Nothing is wrong with 11th gen though, 12th gen has many caveats.

That’s a good start for Ryzen and I bet you got that 3600 for next to nothing. I would have recommended the 5600X over it though but I don’t know your budget. The 5600X would have traded blows with the 11900K in many benchmarks, especially in gaming due to better latency and IPC (than the 3600). At least it’s an option for the future or even something beefier like a 5800X or whatever last hurrar AMD is offering to AM4 users next year (possibly Zen 3 XT or Zen 3D).

Just a word of warning, Windows 11 is really a mixed bag. So far it seems like it’s more bad than good for me but it’s part of my livelihood to learn the new stuff.

Be sure to install the latest AMD drivers for your Ryzen system and also Ryzen Master to take advantage of literal 1 click overclocking of that 3600! Don’t even bother to try doing it from the BIOS/UEFI. Just go into Ryzen Master click on Auto OC and enjoy your free Ryzen 5 3600X upgrade!

What a prophetic statement this turned out to be! I had no clue I was going to overhaul my presets again so soon but it did happen! Are you sure you’re in the right line of work? Lol

1 Like