Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Oh Thanx! I thought it was Batocera only.

1 Like

Nah, if you can run RetroArch, you can use these.

So Batocera, recalbox, RetroPie, lakka, etc should all be able to use these. With some work you can probably use them on more stuff, but outside of my ecosystem so idk.

Not to discredit or belittle the work here, but at the end of the day it’s just some images, so anywhere you can load images as overlays you can benefit from these.

(The discredit/belittle remark was about simplifying your work into “just some images” :joy:)

2 Likes

Nope. :grin: The list is for the Mega Bezel. It was enlarged thanks to the work I am doing for Batocera and some discussions with the developer responsible for integrating the Mega Bezel into Batocera.

On another note… looky here.

Just playing around.

7 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

This looks awesome, if I’m going to nitpick some tho…

Too much wood, you need some black/grey/silver (any or all of the above :joy:) accents somewhere imho

Tbh swapping a grey or black bezel in would probably fix my cryass issue trololo. (Actually I’m pretty positive that would fix my issue with it, a double bezel could also be real interesting here :thinking:)

Man I need to fix my computer and stuff

2 Likes

Yeah. It looks really good!

7 Likes

My nitpicking work is done here for the day.

Much love :joy:

4 Likes

@Duimon, I figured I ask what is with some of the PVMs [Device Layer] being one color and the Bezel shader being a different color. I am just wondering because most of the PVMs and Bezel shader colors are the same.

1 Like

I assume you are asking why the PVM20 has a black Bezel and the TM20 has a bezel the same color as the Device layer?

Because that is how they were made.

PVM20…

TM20…

ikegami-20-color-video-broadcast-crt-monitor-tm20-17ra-3.35__10281.1489977061

2 Likes

No, I mean

being different colors.

3 Likes

Oh. That is just my personal preference. (Especially on the very dark bezels.) I wanted contrast between the components and the body.

There are a few that are dark, but only when the body of the console was very dark. (Like the 2600.)

4 Likes

That makes sense than I was just wondering, since there are so few that are this way.

3 Likes

I have actually changed a few recently, while I was making adjustments for Mega Bezel updates. (Although I can’t remember offhand which ones.)

4 Likes

Here’s a WIP on the Mega Duck.

It is coming along really well! :grin:

For this and future handhelds I am creating off screen elements.

This will come in handy if someone wants to make it smaller for some reason, and for using in a portrait setup.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :metal: :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Awesome!!! :star_struck: The future thanks you :grin:

1 Like

Here’s the latest WIP before I retire for the evening.

I took some liberties with the bezel text size and placement to create more room for the screen. (It will be a tad bit larger than reality.)

6 Likes

Amazing work Duimon … again ! :slight_smile:

Do you plan to make a standard one for Game & Watch ?

2 Likes

I don’t think it is either possible or desirable. There are too many variations in screen size. I also don’t think the real world display technology would benefit from the Mega bezel.:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

@Duimon while working on the TM20s I found a line with a missing " in Gamecube-[STD]-[Guest]-[TM20]. It is HSM_BZL_COLOR_VALUE, line 14.

3 Likes